Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts abound at UK's most haunted prison

UM-Bot

As I've said before it seems just about every old prison, psychiatric institution, hospital, etc. where great physical and emotional suffering occurred over many years is so-called 'haunted'.

Too many quality stories that I've heard. I'm a believer. I am thinking emotions and energies carry on and accumulate beyond what we can physically experience. 

• Like 4

If i was a ghost boy would i make practical jokes and vex people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

As I've said before it seems just about every old prison, psychiatric institution, hospital, etc. where great physical and emotional suffering occurred over many years is so-called 'haunted'.

Too many quality stories that I've heard. I'm a believer. I am thinking emotions and energies carry on and accumulate beyond what we can physically experience. 

and as living humans we subscribe empathy to the events that go on at such places, no entities or spookies involved just a human nature to make pain and suffering as epic as we can. so sure calling such places "haunted" helps.

i recall a very cheddar richard ghost hunter type show i watched, they go to Alcatraz and the geek wants to contact the ghost of lol, al capone, saying that to pass time capone learned to play banjo and this silly twit is asking capone to favor them with a little banjo music,  sure thing, like capones ghost if such tripe existed would jump and be her trained monkey, of course no music played.

perhaps a canoe trip in the back woods of northeastern Georgia would yield the banjo tunes they desired.

then they take a cheap dollar store electronic bird, and claim the ghost of Stroud made it chirp ignoring it has sound and light sensors and they tend to go off at random times.

ooh, not to leave out the best part, capone who died of syphilis didnt pass away at alcatraz but rather his home in south florida, when this tid bit was mentioned in the documentary the reply was to the effect since he was locked up at Alcatraz his ghost would return...yeah, right. :tu:

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, the13bats said:

and as living humans we subscribe empathy to the events that go on at such places, no entities or spookies involved just a human nature to make pain and suffering as epic as we can. so sure calling such places "haunted" helps.

i recall a very cheddar richard ghost hunter type show i watched, they go to Alcatraz and the geek wants to contact the ghost of lol, al capone, saying that to pass time capone learned to play banjo and this silly twit is asking capone to favor them with a little banjo music,  sure thing, like capones ghost if such tripe existed would jump and be her trained monkey, of course no music played.

perhaps a canoe trip in the back woods of northeastern Georgia would yield the banjo tunes they desired.

then they take a cheap dollar store electronic bird, and claim the ghost of Stroud made it chirp ignoring it has sound and light sensors and they tend to go off at random times.

ooh, not to leave out the best part, capone who died of syphilis didnt pass away at alcatraz but rather his home in south florida, when this tid bit was mentioned in the documentary the reply was to the effect since he was locked up at Alcatraz his ghost would return...yeah, right. :tu:

Can’t speak to your specific cases, but I do not think your ‘empathy’ theory is sufficient to explain the quantity, quality and consistency of credible reports at all these hospitals, psychiatric institutions, battlefields, train wreck sites, etc., etc.. I think the paranormal does indeed stay more attached to these type of places.

Papameter: 98% chance these places have above normal paranormal activity levels versus some random location.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Can’t speak to your specific cases, but I do not think your ‘empathy’ theory is sufficient to explain the quantity, quality and consistency of credible reports at all these hospitals, psychiatric institutions, battlefields, train wreck sites, etc., etc.. I think the paranormal does indeed stay more attached to these type of places.

Papameter: 98% chance these places have above normal paranormal activity levels versus some random location.

reports are not credible, they are not proof or even real evidence...sorry

i still have my theory events might get recorded by some unknown earth phenomenon and replayed when the right person and conditions are all lined up, but no way are these conscience enities, spirits, of spooks haunting around, i believe people who have to cling to this departed souls idea fear mortality.

im not saying when we die lights off thats the end, i believe we are engery and engery isnt lost it just changes form, but not to casper, beetlejuice or any enities haunting around.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, the13bats said:

reports are not credible, they are not proof or even real evidence...sorry

reports can be credible, personal testimony and eyewitness evidence is evidence (not proof)...sorry

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

reports can be credible, personal testimony and eyewitness evidence is evidence (not proof)...sorry

solid evidence = proof in some cases of some things. personal stories do not = proof nor evidence..sorry, and eyewitnesses are very unreliable which = lack of credibility., sorry again...but nice failed try. :tu:

okay an exception, any story can be proof to a blind true believer placing their faith in the story teller...i dont do that you do, more power to you :tu:

• Confused 1

What a remarkable boring building. Not creepy in the least. JMO of course.