Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Light Streak In Home

Ash_95

I finally found someone who had a similar experience here and I’ve been searching for a few years. It was so similar that I had to make an account and I’m not trolling or anything like that. I’ll explain everything as best as I can remember! 

First off, my partner and I are non believers in pretty much everything. I’ve always loved scary things, though. More in a way that I watch paranormal investigation shows and you wouldn’t know it. I’m not sure that other things really exist, though. What happened wasn’t entirely convincing, for me. As for my partner, I still don’t think that he believes in anything, but he’s still too scared to talk about the incident.

October 31st, a little after 3 AM (or really November 1st because it was 3 AM), my partner and I were restless. We had spent Halloween trick or treating with our 2 year old and neighborhood friends. We had gotten home around 11pm and both found ourselves awake at 3. Everything was dark besides our small TV. Our bedroom door was opened, no other lights on besides the tv. Coming into our room is a hall. Across from our bedroom, down the short hall, is another bedroom. We keep that door closed always so the dogs don’t go in. My boyfriend keeps the blinds shut as well, to the point of it being annoying because I have plants. I’m an open window type person haha.  In the middle of the hall is a bathroom, to the right. Leaving the hall is the kitchen and living room/ eating area. We live in a garage apartment, not level with cars or the ground. I can post photos if possible or if need be. Anywho, just watching tv and a light forms (I guess) in the hall. We see it in the hall and as soon as we see it, it shoots into our bedroom and lights up the room. It looked like an overhead light was turned on but the lights were off, besides the tv. It was like a fluorescent or LED light. Blue ish white. It was powerful enough to light up the entire room. This happened so quickly, though. As soon as the room lit up, it was dark again. A car couldn’t have shined lights up and into our room to completely light it. We do have mirrors but not where the light began or formed. We have one mirror in our bedroom and our room was rearranged different, if pictures are needed. It was not storming and there was no ball of light, more like a flash or streak as the other person explained in their thread. My boyfriend immediately grabbed a gun and walked through the house. I didn’t sleep that night or the night after. The only incident that I’ve had since then was our front door knob jiggling at 3 AM, two nights in a row. Literally could have been a person, but my boyfriend and dad scoped it out and no one was there. 

Our relationship wasn’t so great and would worsen over the next year, before we split up for a few months. My grandma also passed away a few weeks before this, as well. I’m not sure if those factors even matter, but if anyone asked. I was also dealing with a lot of anxiety and still some postpartum birth trauma stuff. 

Please, let me know what you think!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ash_95

• moonman

• donktheclown

• papageorge1

Popular Days

On 2/17/2018 at 7:19 PM, Dana123456 said:

My 10 yo daughter and I were sitting in the living room facing each other. We were talking about normal things and out of no where a very bright, streaking sort of light, came out of my dark office went through the hall into the kitchen and disappeared. The only way I can describe it is that it looked like a shooting star inside my house. The light was very bright white and with some blue, brighter than any normal light. Bright like lightning. It went in a straight line and was about mid level from floor to ceiling.

When this happened, before I even had the chance to say anything, my daughter who had her back to this event, turned in it's direction and said, "what was that!?!?" I swear if she hadn't have also seen it I would have questioned whether I had seen it because it was like nothing I've ever seen and it's certainly not something I can explain. It gave me chills to the bone and it all happened in a split second. This the one and only time this has ever happened to me.

I looked online and many ppl say things about camera type flashes of light but only a few talk about the light moving across the house like this one did. I will say there is a window in my office and I immediately looked out my window to see if anyone was outside or any cars but I saw nothing and this was not a beam of light like a flash light or laser beam it was autonomous and it moved in a streak. And the brightness and the way it moved so perfectly straight makes me question any type of car reflection.

I am open to scientific or paranormal explanations. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has an idea of what this might be or what might have caused it.

Thanks

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/315791-unexplained-light-streak-moved-through-house/?

This is the poster with the similar experience 

Edited by Still Waters
Added link to the other thread

I’m not familiar with this, but I think there’s one about 45 mins from me where I live in NC. Other than that, no. 

1 hour ago, moonman said:

Live near any fault lines?

I believe this wholeheartedly. One night around 7pm, I was lying in bed listening to Ra Law of One on my cellphone for about 2-3 minutes. My dog was on the bed near the footboard. I put the phone on my chest and looked down at the dog as it was rearranging itself on the bed. Just as I did, an enormous flash (like an old fashion flash bulb would make) went off near the foot of the bed, but below,  somewhere near the floor. Because I was lying down, I was unable to see what had made the flash. I was dumbfounded. I jumped out bed and looked all over for it. It was an unbelievably brilliant white light flash. With that said, I believe people would think that I fell asleep or something, but that isn't the case. It was nowhere near time to sleep and the bedroom was quiet. Also my windows had the shades down and they face deep woods so no car lights, etc..

This place is not what we think it is, by a long shot.

3 hours ago, Ash_95 said:

Please, let me know what you think!

I think there are a lot of things we don't understand, normal and paranormal. Join the club with these light and ball light phenomena experiencers. 

2 hours ago, Ash_95 said:

I’m not familiar with this, but I think there’s one about 45 mins from me where I live in NC. Other than that, no. 

Interesting. Every time I hear about someone seeing lights like this, it turns out they live near a fault line. 

I think it's caused by tectonic activity.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1