Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Parents forget newborn in taxi on way home

6 posts in this topic

Still Waters

New parents got the fright of their lives in Germany after accidentally forgetting their newborn in the taxi taking them home from hospital.

Hamburg police said on Monday that the couple took the baby’s one-year-old sibling out of the car, paid the driver and said goodbye — then realised someone was missing as the taxi pulled away.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-21/grateful-parents-reunited-with-newborn-after-leaving-baby-in-taxi/

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Piney

Schmucks.......

• Like 1

lightly

.... " I thought YOU had the baby! "      I kinda wonder if there was a little post-partum celebration involved?

• Haha 3

aztek

well is was a newborn, so they did not get used to it yet. beginners mistake, lol

• Haha 1

freetoroam

Handbag - check

One year old child - check

Wallet - check

Pay the taxi driver - check

"Right I think we are done, lets go home. Hows your stitches luv?"

Ah, the stiches!!!

• Haha 3

Desertrat56
Posted (edited)

In the 80's there was an incident in the town I live where a mother with 4 young children under the age of 4 set the baby's car carrier with the baby in it on top of the car, loaded the other 3 in and drove away.  The carrier was luckily one of those bucket kinds so when she went up hill  to get on the freeway a woman in the next lane saw something fly off of the car and land upside down on the side.  She stopped because she thought it looked like a baby.  It was.  She called the police and the mother had to go to court to get her baby back.  The baby was strapped in so well and the carrier was built really well so the baby just had a little scratch on it's nose.  They don't make those kind of baby carriers any more for some reason.

Edited by Desertrat56
spelling
  • Like 1