Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robbie Williams song was inspired by ghosts

UM-Bot

By ghosts? Good for him.

There's been UFOs, one close enough I could throw a tennis ball. I used to call them ghosts but I don't anymore as I don't know what they are."

Let me help you with that one Robbie:

3C1A925D00000578-4117696-image-m-118_148

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, UM-Bot said:

The British singer has claimed that his hit song 'Angels' was inspired by his childhood paranormal experiences.

Doesn't make it less cheesy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Doesn't make it less cheesy.

Robbie is not impressed by your comment

article-1219782-06C9C700000005DC-151_468

• Haha 1

He didn't write angels he acquired it from an Irish songwriter and subsequently had a hit with it. He paid the songwriter, Ray Heffernan, �7500 for the rights to the song, a mistake that Heffernan regretted afterwards.

1 hour ago, Dynamo X said:

He didn't write angels he acquired it from an Irish songwriter and subsequently had a hit with it. He paid the songwriter, Ray Heffernan, �7500 for the rights to the song, a mistake that Heffernan regretted afterwards.

That's not the whole story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels_(Robbie_Williams_song)#Writers

The song that Heffernan wrote and the final version are not the same.
Heffernan may have regretted selling it, but he came to terms with it, so he's not still walking around with a grudge.

But, and not least, I think we can determine, that the song had absolutely nothing to do with ghosts.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dynamo X said:

Heffernan got paid for his side of the rights, 

Robbie claimed he wrote the song with Guy Chambers in 25 minutes. However, it was later revealed that a demo version of 'Angels' was written and recorded by Robbie and Irish musician Ray Heffernan during a drunken evening in Dublin in 1996. Robbie later bought out Heffernan's rights to the song for £7,500. He later re-wrote it in London with Chambers

https://www.smoothradio.com/features/robbie-williams-angels-lyrics-meaning-facts/

And this frim Hefferman, he was lucky to get that much really as it was rewritten.

"He called Louis Walsh, who organised a studio for us, and we recorded a version of it here in Dublin. He went back to England after that, and we lost touch. I was therefore very surprised to hear that 'Angels' was on his new album. I got in touch, and essentially signed a waver of my rights to the song for just £7,500

https://www.smoothradio.com/features/robbie-williams-angels-lyrics-meaning-facts/

• Like 1

as a person who had an alternative nightclub that played a lot of goth music may i have a nickle for every song i know inspired by spookies?

• 3 weeks later...

A good advertising stunt if you ask me.  With all the gullible fools in the world probably a successful one too.