Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Music store bans "far-right" Morrissey

Eldorado

"Spillers Records, the world’s oldest record shop, has banned Morrissey albums from sale.

"The shop in Cardiff made the decision due to Morrissey’s support for the far-right political party For Britain, including wearing a badge with the party’s logo when performing on a US talk show this month.

"“I’m saddened but ultimately not surprised that Spillers is unable to stock Morrissey’s releases any longer,” said the shop’s owner, Ashli Todd. “I only wished I’d done it sooner.”"

Full report at the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/may/23/worlds-oldest-record-store-bans-morrissey-spillers

World's oldest record shop at Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spillers_Records

• Sad 1

So when did it become illegal to state the plain truth about Islam and its many moral inadequacies as a religion?  I am pretty left wing, but I am in no doubt that Islam is morally incompatible with democracy (as it is very stricly autocratic, theocratic and authoritarian), has a shocking human rights record, and endorses slavery and pedophilia (that's clearly stated in the Quran and the Hadiths respectively).  Why is it suddenly considered to be "Far Right" to think that a highly intolerant theocratic ideology with swimming pools of blood on its hands, is bad?  I would have thought that was a no brainer?  And where is the protection of free speech in all of this?  Why is it suddenly verging on illegal to point out the truth?

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The heat is on....

"Posters promoting Morrissey's latest album have been removed from railway stations after a commuter complained.

"Adverts for the new album by the former Smiths singer have been taken down on the Merseyrail network."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-48393548

23 hours ago, Eldorado said:

The heat is on....

"Posters promoting Morrissey's latest album have been removed from railway stations after a commuter complained.

"Adverts for the new album by the former Smiths singer have been taken down on the Merseyrail network."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-48393548

Morrissey is a complete and utter knob, so I found this to be hilarious. His music is dire, his political outlook isn't much better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have always liked The Smiths and Morrissey early stuff but im not much of a fan of his latest releases. He has always been controversial and was to me somekind of anti hero, now he's just another sad grumpy silly old git and hater.

Edited by Impedancer

His music isn't "far right", so why ban it ? 

• Like 2

The age of 'thought crime' is here.

• Like 2

On 2019-05-26 at 8:25 AM, RoofGardener said:

His music isn't "far right", so why ban it ? 

His song National front Disco is said to be "far right" but it's not. I like his old music not his grumpy sad old git persona. According to some he used to be a nice person until he got famous.

Edited by Impedancer

12 hours ago, Impedancer said:

According to some he used to be a nice person until he got famous.

LOL, nope.  Morrisey was always (as the English put it)... a tosser.  All the same, I don't think he should be silenced or persecuted for not liking Muslims.  Islam is a very authoritarian religion that routinely violates human rights.  What's to like about people who adhere to a religion like that?

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2