Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

$3,000 prize offered for remote viewing research

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to $3,000 prize offered for remote viewing research

Here to collect. I can see a remote right over here, on this table. Actually two, one for the TV and the other for the sound bar. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

The prize will be awarded to the best 'research proposal investigating some aspect of remote viewing.'

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/327946/3000-prize-offered-for-remote-viewing-research

:tu:

So you don't actually have to prove anything, just come up with a test. 

I don't see how coming up with a test for someone miles away to see some unknown (to them) objects in a room is so difficult. THAT'S THE TEST. It's like asking "How do I test if this ice has melted?"

Something tells me that if they need to offer a prize for something so obvious, the test results they produce aren't to be trusted.

Edited by moonman

I'd like to see a test designed to show it works. That'd be a great test.

Something a little better than accepting "rhythmic and musical" as a good description of a tornado. OMG, I'll never forget the RVer insisting that was a good description of a tornado.

No wonder, it's only awarded for $3000, less than my monthly salary. You wonder why

• Like 1

Remote viewing itself is the alleged ability to see remote objects or places using only one's mind.

I see a remote island with remote objects on it

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCZZkeuYKZUCb34YkgwI4

Prize money please. 

I did something like this on the forum once. I had a brown envelope with money in it. People guessed and got it wrong, there was no envelope. If someone could actually remote view they'd have know. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

(I'm assuming you know why IQ tests are unreliable.) Every mind is different and has a different way to "remote view" Even if you created a test it would be as reliable as any IQ test.

Edited by It's Just An Opinion

24 minutes ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

Every mind is different and has a different way to "remote view"

I'm sure there are different ways to use the imagination to construct a possible reality. That might coincide with something in a possible manner. 

On 24/05/2019 at 11:31 PM, XenoFish said:

Found it.

I missed this thread, can you fit in a late entry?

I see

Hm, I see no envelope

RaggedMellowElephant-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 3

Just now, freetoroam said:

Hm, I see no envelope

That would be cheating and thus disqualifying you. You'll have to try again at a later date in a different thread. 

• Confused 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

That would be cheating and thus disqualifying you. You'll have to try again at a later date in a different thread. 

Cheating?  I am not Uri Geller ! ! ! 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 3:28 PM, XenoFish said:

I'm sure there are different ways to use the imagination to construct a possible reality. That might coincide with something in a possible manner. 

Yup, all depends on your perspective. 

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 7:33 AM, It's Just An Opinion said:

(I'm assuming you know why IQ tests are unreliable.) Every mind is different and has a different way to "remote view" Even if you created a test it would be as reliable as any IQ test.

That's like saying Eye tests are unreliable.  Remote viewing is viewing an outside object or location in your head, either you can or you can't.

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

That's like saying Eye tests are unreliable.  Remote viewing is viewing an outside object or location in your head, either you can or you can't.

The reason an IQ test is unrelaible is: 

Imagine there are three doors. Door A, Door B, and Door C. 

There are two students. Student 1 and student 2. 

Student one is allowed to look inside all doors. and student 2 is allowed to look only into door c. 

The test that is given is based on door A and B. 

Student 2 now appears dumb as ****. 

But there is no reason that there coulnt have been countless other door that student 2 could have looked into besides door A and door B. For all we know he could be smarter. 

The reason IQ tests ar unreliable is because despite you ca ntrain certain minds on certain topics you can never make a test that will cover the whole of what each individual knows. and a GPA doesn't make someone smart. It just proves that they are good at following instructions. The school system is made to benefit only those kinds of minds. the once that can easily pick up and follow instructions, but not all minds behave like that. 

In other words "if you test a fish on it's ability to climb a tree it will live it's whole life thinking its stupid" ~ Albert Einsein

The question they were asking was not whether or not they can remote view but to create a test that would test people on whether or not they can remote view. You said "that's like eye tests being unreliable" on the basis of (either you see it or you don't) My point was that every mind behaves differently and so it would be extremely naive to think a test that works on one mind would be reliable for most.

6 minutes ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

The reason an IQ test is unrelaible is: 

We're not talking about IQ, we're talking about visual perception.

The question they were asking was not whether or not they can remote view but to create a test that would test people on whether or not they can remote view. You said "that's like eye tests being unreliable" on the basis of (either you see it or you don't) My point was that every mind behaves differently and so it would be extremely naive to think a test that works on one mind would be reliable for most.

So by your logic eye tests are unreliable (which they're not) since the mind interprets the visual information.

IQ and visual perception are two very different things.

Edited by Rlyeh

Just now, Rlyeh said:

So by your logic eye tests are unreliable (which they're not) since the mind interprets the visual information.

Honey, they weren't testing people on whether or not they can or can't remote view. They were asking to create a reliable test to test people if they can remote view. but my point was that you cannot create one test that will be reliable for all. To even have a test that is reliable when it comes to the mind you would need a completely individualized test for every person. Where did you pick up the "eye test" part anyways? Please explain how an eye test between individuals is comparable to that of a test of their minds. 

9 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

By the way the mind doesn't interpret visual information, the brain does. That's why people who were born blind can't see in their dreams.

What you see is just your perspective, it's not how thing really are.

The eye allows the brain to see.

The brain allows the mind to perceive,

and the mind allows the consciousness to experience. 

7 minutes ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

By the way the mind doesn't interpret visual information, the brain does. That's why people who were born blind can't see in their dreams.

What you see is just your perspective, it's not how thing really are.

The eye allows the brain to see.

The brain allows the mind to perceive,

and the mind allows the consciousness to experience. 

Yes but most people with good vision visually see things extremely similarly. 

If they perceive what they actually see very differently, something is generally wrong. 

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Mind vs. brain again...

Can anyone tell me what a corpse is thinking? 

Nothing...

The brain may fire electrical signals for a short time after biological death, but once dead, you will experience nothing.

4 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Nothing...

The brain may fire electrical signals for a short time after biological death, but once dead, you will experience nothing.

This was really addressing how people consider the mind separate from the brain. The mind is the same as consciousness, the same as psyche and the soul are as well. Without the brain to generate this thing we call the mind (which is only 5% of us), there simply isn't a mind/consciousness.