Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

$3,000 prize offered for remote viewing research

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

Honey, they weren't testing people on whether or not they can or can't remote view. They were asking to create a reliable test to test people if they can remote view

How can anyone create a "reliable" test without it being tested by participants to test its purpose? 

Unless the tests they have so far proved nothing, but that would not be because the tests are not reliable, it is because the claimants are.

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

This was really addressing how people consider the mind separate from the brain. The mind is the same as consciousness, the same as psyche and the soul are as well. Without the brain to generate this thing we call the mind (which is only 5% of us), there simply isn't a mind/consciousness. 

Ah, I read your post differently. 

I do agree 100%. Without a working brain, we would just be vegetable flesh bags. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

How can anyone create a "reliable" test without it being tested by participants to test its purpose? 

Unless the tests they have so far proved nothing, but that would not be because the tests are not reliable, it is because the claimants are.

Yep. The tests are so easy to design. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Ah, I read your post differently. 

I do agree 100%. Without a working brain, we would just be vegetable flesh bags. 

Considering that 95% of our lives are subconscious, we might end up as nothing but motorized instincts. Meh, who knows. 

James Randi has done all this and even when someone actually got it right, it was NOT remote viewing, but very clever cheating.

Here is how it was done

Cryptographer solves psychic challenge:

It turns out that Randi published an enciphered clue to the contents of the lock box in his newsletter, to provide evidence later that he hadn’t switched the mystery item with something else just to foil the psychics.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2007/03/cryptographer_s/winamp/

Like all alleged psychics, their 'gift' is not in their psychic abilities, but in other areas. 

Empathy is one 'gift' your normal bog standard alleged psychic has, and many do not need to try to hard to get the clues. The believers often do not realise how many clues they are giving, even before they open their mouths.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

Honey, they weren't testing people on whether or not they can or can't remote view.

Didn't say they were.

3 hours ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

They were asking to create a reliable test to test people if they can remote view. but my point was that you cannot create one test that will be reliable for all. To even have a test that is reliable when it comes to the mind you would need a completely individualized test for every person. Where did you pick up the "eye test" part anyways? Please explain how an eye test between individuals is comparable to that of a test of their minds. 

I just explained it to you.  The eye test is still testing visual information interpreted by the mind.  A remote viewing test would also test visual information interpret by the mind.  Is that clear enough for you?

2 hours ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

By the way the mind doesn't interpret visual information, the brain does.

Really?  You don't mentally interpret anything you see?  bull****.

You reading these words proves that the mind does interpret visual information

Anyway it's the brain that constructs the visual information collected by the eyes, it's the mind that needs to interpret it.  In the case of remote viewing the information isn't collected by the eyes.

Edited by Rlyeh

• 2 weeks later...

I can see all of you sitting at your computers, walking with your cellphones and lounging on your sofa with your tablet. Muhahahaha