Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion versus Fiction

Carlos Allende

20 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

None of them look like each other and where is your stunt double Gabe Kaplan?

jmccr8

Apart from the last, which was a bit of humour , the y have similar eyes ( which resemble my own) The y all have nice mouths and tend to smile (like me) Like me, they mostly have nice, wavy hair, trimmed beards, and a moustache. Their hair styles are similar, and the same as my own, (the photo I gave had the shortest hair i have ever had in my life, for some reason )  and they all have an attractive and similar facial structure, which resembles mine, although my face is not quite as long. 

Unfortunately, while Gabe and i looked almost identical at a young age

image.jpeg.ea89f71c72b3e75c6ffad80f586dd11c.jpegimage.jpeg.388b19059de3af24001a2f83a3e1f225.jpeg

he simply didn't age as well as i have, :) 

Image result for gabe kaplan death

and i am sad to hear he has died. 

it is interesting. I possess in my old photo albums, photos almost identical to those first two. Given that i was a teacher  in the seventies and wore things like, flares and pink shirts and green velvet jackets (often all at once) :)  that is not so surprising.  

I think i have said that, in my early  years of teaching my students used to call me Mr Kotter, and hum or sing  "Welcome back"  when i entered the class  Not being familiar with the show at the time, it too me a while to work out why.

People  in the street used to speak to me in Greek, or similar,  in the city, because i guess i looked like a young Greek man. 

Edited by Mr Walker

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Apart from the last, which was a bit of humour , the y have similar eyes ( which resemble my own) The y all have nice mouths and tend to smile (like me) Like me, they mostly have nice, wavy hair, trimmed beards, and a moustache. Their hair styles are similar, and the same as my own, (the photo I gave had the shortest hair i have ever had in my life, for some reason )  and they all have an attractive and similar facial structure, which resembles mine, although my face is not quite as long. 

Unfortunately, while Gabe and i looked almost identical at a young age

image.jpeg.ea89f71c72b3e75c6ffad80f586dd11c.jpegimage.jpeg.388b19059de3af24001a2f83a3e1f225.jpeg

he simply didn't age as well as i have, :) 

Image result for gabe kaplan death

and i am sad to hear he has died. 

it is interesting. I possess in my old photo albums, photos almost identical to those first two. Given that i was a teacher  in the seventies and wore things like, flares and pink shirts and green velvet jackets (often all at once) :)  that is not so surprising.  

I think i have said that, in my early  years of teaching my students used to call me Mr Kotter, and hum or sing  "Welcome back"  when i entered the class  Not being familiar with the show at the time, it too me a while to work out why.

People  in the street used to speak to me in Greek, or similar,  in the city, because i guess i looked like a young Greek man. 

I think you and Gabe aged exactly the same, you just have gray hair, he kept his natural color, he actually looks younger than you. 

23D8A98B-972A-409B-A898-F16FEA9FA87C.jpeg

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I think you and Gabe aged exactly the same, you just have gray hair, he kept his natural color, he actually looks younger than you. 

23D8A98B-972A-409B-A898-F16FEA9FA87C.jpeg

lol maybe younger, but his good looks are gone :) and he's going bald.  It also depends when the photo was taken. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

t is interesting. I possess in my old photo albums, photos almost identical to those first two. Given that i was a teacher  in the seventies and wore things like, flares and pink shirts and green velvet jackets (often all at once) :)  that is not so surprising.  

Hi Walker

It's funny what people see, last year the couple that manage a storage facility that I use asked if they could take a picture of me with the wife because they wanted to prank some friends in the Philippians for April fools because they thought I looked like Rodger Waters. I said okay and they got a pic of her hugging me.:lol:

I had a similar experience a few years back when I walked into a pub and some guy thought I was Eddy Van Halen and insisted that he have a pic taken with me. I had tried to explain that he was mistaken but he just wouldn't accept that I wasn't him so I let him have a pic thinking when he sobers up he will wonder who the hell is that guy that he is hugging and gave him an autograph that he asked for so I signed it Eddy Van Halen...just bailing Jay:lol:

I was playing pool by myself in a pub back home on a Saturday afternoon and I ended up with three drunks insisting I was Keith Richards because Rolling Stones was having a concert 120 miles away in another city that night and I couldn't get them to understand that they were mistaken so I left.

Then there was the time I was travelling by train across the country and when I got off the train with another passenger we decided to walk to the city center to look around and asked a girl for directions and she thought I looked like Keanu Reeves and followed us several miles chatting my ears off so I took her to the restaurant and bought her lunch for being such a devoted fan.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/12/2019 at 9:07 PM, Mr Walker said:

Not entirely true

Hi Walker

I didn't get a chance to respond to this earlier as I have been busy getting drywall up and have more time now that I am waiting for the mud to dry before the next coat.

You know how I am what properly vetted documentation do you have to support this objectively?

when we have a personal experience, we always verify it using physical evidences 

Thus you or i could  verify an out of body experience by using external evidences.  We might not be able to pass those evidences on to others but WE would know the y were true 

Eg I once did an experiment with several students celebrating their final exams before going to uni

The y told me where the y would be having a beach party to celebrate, It was only about 8 ks from my home and i projected down to that spot on the night it was occurring    I, and they, then wrote downour memories of the night, and the next school day  compared notes.  I was accurate in every detail but the y had got so drunk they couldn't remember a lot of their conversations (which were about wht you would expect for 17 /18 year old, young men) 

it s not proof but it is EVIDENCE, for me, that i observed them  .

i got their clothes, drinks and activities, the surrounding landscape  correct, and in general the y could verify that i also got their conversations correct 

These days if i [project to any place in the world (which is rare)  i can check using google maps images etc to see if what i encountered was real 

Yup agreed it is verified to me by evidences available to me

Well that may work for you but what evidence can you provide that affirms this to others like myself, a skeptic that requires testable objective data. It's interesting by proves nothing to anyone other than you.

It doesn't make it suspect (a suspicious mind makes it suspect) but it does make it unverifiable and thus allows you to believe or disbelieve

I used the word suspect because personal interpretation of events without documentation leaves it open to manipulation (not saying you are but has the potential to be) and if it is unverifiable then it has no point of making a choice of belief or disbelief other than confirmation bias.

I am talking about androids/ robots which look and act like real people offer conversations  and respond intelligently to questions (some AIs are now so good that a person cant tell from  a conversation tha t it is not a human being.

Well we should differentiate that your original comment was sexbots which is what I responded to and as of yet the only thing that they can move is their eyes and mouth and the rest of their body must be physically manipulate by the user, do you think that is a relationship?

jmccr8

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/16/2019 at 12:10 PM, jmccr8 said:

she thought I looked like Keanu Reeves and followed us several miles chatting my ears off so I took her to the restaurant and bought her lunch for being such a devoted fan.

LOL And Keanu gets the props for being a great guy!  

Although I really think that it was sweet of you not to crush her dreams.  >HUGS<

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2019 at 11:07 PM, Mr Walker said:

Eg I once did an experiment with several students celebrating their final exams before going to uni

The y told me where the y would be having a beach party to celebrate, It was only about 8 ks from my home and i projected down to that spot on the night it was occurring    I, and they, then wrote downour memories of the night, and the next school day  compared notes.  I was accurate in every detail but the y had got so drunk they couldn't remember a lot of their conversations (which were about wht you would expect for 17 /18 year old, young men) 

it s not proof but it is EVIDENCE, for me, that i observed them  .

Or, a more rational explanation being that you went to place they were partying, in a mundane manner, and observed them.

And since we only have your testimony that events took place in the manner you describe by "astral projection", Occam's Razor applies.

Sorry old fellow, it may be 'evidence' to you, as you claim, but without verification it is just a tall tale. And no, the students notes do not count as verification. Verification of your claim would be testimony, and other evidence that you never physically left your house that night, nor had any agents to conduct the observations.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2019 at 3:03 PM, Golden Duck said:

NB. The actual guilt of Pell is another matter; and, the evidence is currently under review of appeal.

The appeal court has dismissed the appeal, and the sentence stands. I still have some doubts about it, for various reasons. And one of the three judges must also, it was a 2-1 decision. One wonders why a jury must be unanimous, but an appeal court, not. I have trouble believing that a man who would have seen the law closing in on church sex offenders, would have then decided to brazenly offend. Doubtless he protected offenders, whether he was one himself, or is effectively being punished for the shielding of others, I can't be 100% about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

The appeal court has dismissed the appeal, and the sentence stands. I still have some doubts about it, for various reasons. And one of the three judges must also, it was a 2-1 decision. One wonders why a jury must be unanimous, but an appeal court, not. I have trouble believing that a man who would have seen the law closing in on church sex offenders, would have then decided to brazenly offend. Doubtless he protected offenders, whether he was one himself, or is effectively being punished for the shielding of others, I can't be 100% about.

He's in jail for raping kids.  After the appeal he's still in jail for raping kids.  Protecting other offenders is not what he's being tried for, but he should be given another trial for aiding and abetting the other pedophiles.  Pell is an arrogant, narcissistic creeper, and jail is too merciful, but so is the death penalty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

He's in jail for raping kids.  After the appeal he's still in jail for raping kids.  Protecting other offenders is not what he's being tried for, but he should be given another trial for aiding and abetting the other pedophiles.  Pell is an arrogant, narcissistic creeper, and jail is too merciful, but so is the death penalty.

I'm not sure what the grounds of the dissenting appeal judge were, for wanting to allow the appeal, that would be interesting to know. If it was not technical, but to the substance of the charges, I'm not even sure we'll get to hear. I am not sure, either if there may be other charges coming, re possible earlier offending.

• Like 2

Just now, Habitat said:

I'm not sure what the grounds of the dissenting appeal judge were, for wanting to allow the appeal, that would be interesting to know. If it was not technical, but to the substance of the charges, I'm not even sure we'll get to hear. I am not sure, either if there may be other charges coming, re possible earlier offending.

Agreed. I doubt they will try to convict him with other pedophile offences.  What is important is whether the Church will now seek to undo Pell's sleazy "victim compensation" policy.

• Like 3

I would hazard a guess that if indeed he is "guilty as charged", that would not be his first offending of the kind. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Agreed. I doubt they will try to convict him with other pedophile offences.  What is important is whether the Church will now seek to undo Pell's sleazy "victim compensation" policy.

Obviously they have acted to prevent the floodgates opening in the past, with compensation claims, this court decision may mean it is going to be easier for claimants.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Obviously they have acted to prevent the floodgates opening in the past, with compensation claims, this court decision may mean it is going to be easier for claimants.

The Royal Commission endorsed compensation caps.

It also be noted that the Sydney Response did away with compensation caps at Pell's direction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

In other forums we often discuss the fallibility of memory.  One of the panel seems to have dismissed the appeal on the victim not being a liar.

• Like 2

Are Australia and Ireland the only countries that are prosecuting priests for molesting children?  In the U.S. the preists are just moved around and if they get too many complaints they get sent to a places like New Mexico where it is really easy to get away with many things.  If they still get in trouble then they are retired or promoted.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 8:46 PM, Sherapy said:

The rest are gorgeous older men

Look out folks Sheri has a thing for Silver Foxes.:lol:

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Look out folks Sheri has a thing for Silver Foxes.:lol:

Who me? :P

B430FD18-1377-4201-B7D8-B314891633FE.jpeg

44C553E3-C180-4FD1-9A93-6BAA2DB6B2DD.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 8/15/2019 at 5:32 AM, DieChecker said:

I was told I look like Chevy Chase from 10 years ago. And that I look like Ron Howard after he lost his hair.

:lol:

I think closer to Ron Howard. But with a more rugged jawline. :yes:

Pic from last weekend...

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/286817-rogues-gallery-iii/?do=findComment&comment=6810188

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Nice picture but I don't think you look like either Chevy Chase or Ron Howard.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 7:15 AM, Jodie.Lynne said:

Or, a more rational explanation being that you went to place they were partying, in a mundane manner, and observed them.

And since we only have your testimony that events took place in the manner you describe by "astral projection", Occam's Razor apnow what happened you can never know for sure plies.

Sorry old fellow, it may be 'evidence' to you, as you claim, but without verification it is just a tall tale. Ank conduct the observations.

lol i was home in bed fast asleep w=ith my wife

you see this is NOT a rational explanation because that did not happen. It is easier for you to believe but untrue and thus not logical rational or correct explanation

What you and others seen unable to get is that anything i write is not  seeking to prove anything but  is all the experiences of mine as best as i can describe and explain them i

The proofs,to me, of my abilty to astral travel lie in the true experiences which i know are true from the contextual evidences within them. This is how you know that an experience of yours is  real and  not imagined.

occams razor says the simplest answer is most likely.

ASTRAL PROJECTION is THE SIMPLEST ANSWER, GIVEN THAT I NEVER LEFT MY BED  

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

ASTRAL PROJECTION is THE SIMPLEST ANSWER, GIVEN THAT I NEVER LEFT MY BED  

How is that simpler than an angel telepathically beaming images into your head?  Or aliens experimenting with you?  Or God?  How is it simpler than you are in a computer simulation and some code was accidentally routed to your pod?

None of these, including the astral projection option, are simpler than the alternative that you are merely misremembering and misinterpreting things by the way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

How is that simpler than an angel telepathically beaming images into your head?  Or aliens experimenting with you?  Or God?  How is it simpler than you are in a computer simulation and some code was accidentally routed to your pod?

None of these, including the astral projection option, are simpler than the alternative that you are merely misremembering and misinterpreting things by the way.

And, this is something so easily evidenced, we can come up with a way to test this.

One of us can put a note to him on their fridge or front door and he can tell us what it says. 

Those that tell the truth look for ways to prove it. 

• Like 5

• The topic was locked