Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion versus Fiction

Carlos Allende

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You are all tall and nothing to support it. 

Some of the taller ones stand on very high eels.

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Apart from the other 'Napoleon-esque' posters here, who do you think you are convincing other than your own bad guesses? 

How does one go about convincing guesses?

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

Not to worry, a few know, or intuit, that I am right.

Exactly. The irrational and the fundamentals. But will the real Napoleon please stand up. 

Point that you are dodging is that you are an enemy of reason and eschew science m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pettytalk said:

Some of the taller ones stand on very high eels.

Don'tcha mean igh eels? 

• Like 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

Exactly. The irrational and the fundamentals. But will the real Napoleon please stand up. 

Point that you are dodging is that you are an enemy of reason and eschew science m

On the contrary, I have every reason to believe what I do, and you have no reason to reach any conclusion one way or the other. Not that you are going to be stopped by that. You just look like a fool in my eyes, by your incessant crowing.

How does one go about convincing guesses?

Self validation 

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

On the contrary, I have every reason to believe what I do,

You have every right to make the choice you have. And I have every right to dismiss that choice as it is ridiculous. 

and you have no reason to reach any conclusion one way or the other.

Yes I do. The science is sound that refutes your choice. It's got a great standing record. Can't say the same for you. You didn't even know the physics that refute your claims existed until it was presented to you! 

Not that you are going to be stopped by that. You just look like a fool in my eyes, by your incessant crowing.

You are an enemy of reason, so your evaluation means little to nothing, and even less so because you cannot support the claims you have made about physics being wrong. Your all talk Hab, and talk is cheap. 

LOL, do you realise what you look like with your berating braying and 11th century solutions??? 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You have every right to make the choice you have. And I have every right to dismiss that choice as it is ridiculous. 

Yes I do. The science is sound that refutes your choice. It's got a great standing record. Can't say the same for you. You didn't even know the physics that refute your claims existed until it was presented to you! 

You are an enemy of reason, so your evaluation means little to nothing, and even less so because you cannot support the claims you have made about physics being wrong. Your all talk Hab, and talk is cheap. 

LOL, do you realise what you look like with your berating braying and 11th century solutions??? 

Oh dear, the rooster keeps crowing. How wrong you are.

13 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Oh dear, the rooster keeps crowing.

And the denier keeps denying. You're just showing how little supports your superstitious claims. 

13 minutes ago, Habitat said:

How wrong you are.

Not at all, if that was the case  you could support your statements. You cannot because you default to the whacky leaving you little room to move. All you have is bad attitude. 

And the slugfest down under continues......

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You can blame me, for being silly enough to answer the forum parrot ! 

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Don'tcha mean igh eels? 

I mean what I said, and I said what I mean. But perhaps there is an H missing in my message preparation. But then you can claim the same. Unless we are both talking about acronyms, fish, and symbolism.

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Were you not on a recent slug fest of your own? What we seem to have is a lot of small squarish skirmishes on our hands.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Meanwhile, Mr. Allende has flown the coup, and left us birds to bicker and peck each other.....errrrrrrrrr!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

Are you suggesting a pecking order? 

Can't help yourself can you. 

I mean what I said, and I said what I mean. But perhaps there is an H missing in my message preparation. But then you can claim the same. Unless we are both talking about acronyms, fish, and symbolism.

I'm posting from a phone. Things don't always go to plan. Nothing like being spontaneous! 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Meanwhile, Mr. Allende has flown the coup, and left us birds to bicker and peck each other.....errrrrrrrrr!

He seems to have a habit of doing that. He returns on very random occasions to my experience. 

• Like 2

An irresistible object has met an immovable force.:blink:

On 6/5/2019 at 7:01 AM, Scudbuster said:

OK, this is your golden opportunity - show me the "data" and you can win me over today - right here, right now. 

How dare you ask for the impossible!!!

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

How dare you ask for the impossible!!!

Why is it impossible, in your estimation ? I think it is impossible because these demonstrations seem to be able to avoid wider scrutiny, I will go out on a limb and say you and your ilk think it impossible, by reason of non-existence. But those that make that leap, are wrong, not just in reality, but also in principle.

16 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Well, it was a shot in the dark, an opportunity to perhaps be the very first to receive hard data that religion actually has some truth and merit to it.....! 

So, alas, come tomorrow morning, I shall return to looking up in the sky for the Flying Spaghetti monster, he has about an equal chance of being there. :D

The proof is not transmissible. The proof that the spaghetti monster is a literary invention, is easily shown.

This is nothing more than a contest of whistling in the dark, to see who carries the better tune. Absolute certainty versus absolute certainty in uncertainty. Neither side can prove anything except to themselves, whether it's the absolute certainty that nothing in this Universe could pass for or be mistaken for "God" or the absolute certainty nothing is certain and maybe is the order of the day. Absolute opposites collide and sparks fly and in all the sound and fury significance is lost, as the only one's paying attention are themselves. All the adults here have already pretty much made up their minds and the lecture hall is empty save for ghosts and shadows, crickets chirping and the occasional passing tumbleweed. What's the point, really, if the result is alienation and loneliness? Even the company of fools is better than no company, at all. Dare to be foolish and be wise.

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

An irresistible object has met an immovable force.:blink:

Irresistible? 

Gawsh, I didnt think you even noticed :blush:

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The proof is not transmissible.

That says it all. 

Its your own interpretation. Nothing more. 

18 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The proof that the spaghetti monster is a literary invention, is easily shown.

How is the God idea not the same? Where do we see any claim of God's existence outside of human literature? 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Irresistible? 

Gawsh, I didnt think you even noticed :blush:

Or two musclebound blokes in a pub in Sidney in a standup fight, calmly trading punches. Both bullnecked and lantern-jawed and neither budging an inch.

Edited by Hammerclaw

• The topic was locked