Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion versus Fiction

Carlos Allende

18 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Wow, you look like Bernie Sanders with a hair cut. Of course, you are correct beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Movie star caliber good looks not a chance, but none of us believed you anyways. :P

None the less, I appreciate that you posted a photo. 

Hey are those your goodwill duds? 

Good question This was taken after the fire, so I think the shirt was new ( given by one of the local stores)  Not sure about the jumper 

ps i did star (aged about 18)  in a super 8 movie  about the foreign legion and shot in local sand dunes. It was produced, directed, and filmed by a mate of mine, and "starred" several other  mates.  It was called "Sands of the Sahara" or "The lost legion" or similar.

That mate went onto be an indie film producer in Adelaide before dying quite young, but i don't know if he ever had any commercial success.  His  most famous claim to fame was rolling his car off the top of the highest look out in the Adelaide hills while parked one night with a young lady friend.

He did direct this film i was able to find

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8878748/

Three of my final year classmates, from a class of about 20,  did go on to be successful Australian Actors, starring in several films and TV series   including this one 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingswood_Country

Greta is played by one of those classmates 

laurel also played in " The naked vicar show"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Naked_Vicar_Show

This is a second classmate, who was an actor 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0913631/

And I really cant recall the third, who was another bloke. 

Edited by Mr Walker

14 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What that's you? 

You look nothing like your alleged examples. That's some mirror you got there. 

And you're still nowhere near as good looking as I am. Not even close. When you said you looking like a cross between Richard geere and arnie I thought you might be in the same league but your not one of us beautiful people at all. I'm a walking man God amongst men. <_<

Ha ha ha ha ha ha I cracked up this is a funny post. 

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You don’t like it cuz it is pointing out your peculiarities and foibles. Lol

Na i dont like it because it is nasty and vindictive,  and  goes against the values i was brought up with.  It is a destructive way of doing things 

Just now, Mr Walker said:

Na i dont like it because it is nasty and vindictive,  and  goes against the values i was brought up with.  It is a destructive way of doing things 

Lighten up Frances. Lol 

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Good question This was taken after the fire, so I think the shirt was new ( given by one of the local stores)  Not sure about the jumper 

ps i did star (aged about 18)  in a super 8 movie  about the foreign legion and shot in local sand dunes. It was produced, directed, and filmed by a mate of mine, and "starred" several other  mates.  It was called "Sands of the Sahara" or "The lost legion" or similar.

That mate went onto be an indie film producer in Adelaide before dying quite young, but i don't know if he ever had any commercial success.  His  most famous claim to fame was rolling his car off the top of the highest look out in the Adelaide hills while parked one night with a young lady friend

Three of my final year classmates, from a class of about 20,  did go on to be successful Australian Actors, starring in several films and TV series   

What is a jumper? The pullover sweater?

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Lighten up Frances. Lol 

In his defense, he posted some his wedding pictures a few years ago. This new one of him now is consistent with those, not the farcical one I posted.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

In his defense, he posted some his wedding pictures a few years ago. This new one of him now is consistent with those, not the farcical one I posted.

I agree, I remember the wedding pic and it is consistent with this.

The curly hair!

Just now, Sherapy said:

I agree, I remember the wedding pic and it is consistent with this.

The curly hair!

I respect him for showing his face, not such a bad looking chap, rather distinguished, actually.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Lighten up Frances. Lol 

sorry

# me too :) 

I can't take that sort of behaviour/ treatment of others,  lightly  

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

sorry

# me too :) 

I can't take that sort of behaviour/ treatment of others,  lightly  

For all your foibles, a lot of your detractors rather like you a bit, 'though they'd be loathe to admit it. No one wastes as much time, as they do on you, on someone they despise, completely. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

What is a jumper? The pullover sweater?

lol american language. What's a sweater ?  :) 

Just  kidding. American cultural hegemony has made me familiar with trunks, flip flops, sidewalks and sweaters. Interesting that many  Americans have no idea what a jumper, or car boot is.  The funniest one is thongs, which Australians wear on their feet  and  Americans  call flip flops :)  yep tha t is a jumper or sometimes a pullover.

I am a bit old but, today, sweaters in Australia seem to be more light weight than a jumper  and  are sometimes applied to  the tops worn by sporting teams. 

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I respect him for showing his face, not such a bad looking chap, rather distinguished, actually.

I appreciate he showed his mug too. 

I am sure he will appreciate the compliment. 

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

For all your foibles, a lot of your detractors rather like you a bit, 'though they'd be loathe to admit it. No one wastes as much time, as they do on you, on someone they despise, completely. 

well I am an extremely likeable guy :) I tend to be much more serious here than in real life,  which doesn't help. 

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

lol american language. What's a sweater ?  :) 

Just  kidding. American cultural hegemony has made me familiar with trunks, flip flops, sidewalks and sweaters. Interesting that many  Americans have no idea what a jumper, or car boot is.  The funniest one is thongs, which Australians wear on their feet  and  Americans  call flip flops :)  yep tha t is a jumper or sometimes a pullover.

I am a bit old but, today, sweaters in Australia seem to be more light weight than a jumper  and  are sometimes applied to  the tops worn by sporting teams. 

Lol you can be funny, wonders never cease. 

Thongs are girls underwear here.

What are sidewalks?

Just now, Mr Walker said:

well I am an extremely likeable guy :) I tend to be much more serious here than in real life,  which doesn't help. 

You are a very funny man, in a straight faced sort of way. It's a good thing, albeit, uncomfortable for you. Still, better laughter and notoriety than to be ignored.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You don’t have to like or dislike someone to engage in debate. 

Just now, Sherapy said:

I appreciate he showed his mug too. 

I am sure he will appreciate the compliment. 

Honestly i am not the best judge All my life i have been complimented on my looks. ive been wolf whistled, giggled a t and admired by hotel cleaners  had my bottom pinched at the photocopier  at work,  and when single was in big demand as a safe, personable, and attractive   date.  As a teenager the first dozen dates and half a dozen girlfriends i had were initiated by the women not me.

I was kinda shy and more interested in other things like surfing motor bike riding diving water sking etc  and blowing things up :) 

I guess i would say i fall on the plus side of looks, rather than the ugly, but i dont really value or judge people, including myself, by our looks. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Well perhaps we will see more of this likable guy. :tu:

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

What are sidewalks?

Footpaths :)

Just now, Sherapy said:

You don’t have to like or dislike someone to engage in debate. 

Of course you do, as a certain case-in-point indicates. There's bad and then there's worse. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

What are sidewalks?

Was going to say that, but it is a bit obvious.

Footpaths   (what we call sidewalks) 

Yea thongs have caught on as girls underwear here, also. Sometime a few decades back :)  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 2

Yea thongs have caught on as girls underwear here, also. Sometime a few decades back :)  

It's also a name for a type of sandal.

What are they? We don’t use this term in America? 

38 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Wow, you look like Bernie Sanders with a hair cut. Of course, you are correct beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

For me, I am gonna say Movie star caliber good looks not a chance, but I didn’t believe you anyways. :P

None the less, I appreciate that you posted a photo. 

Hey are those your goodwill duds? 

whose bernie sanders ?  

just kidding

Ive got all my hair.

My dad looked a lot like Bernie in his sixties and seventies, with the same male pattern baldness, but he was known for his good looks and charm all his life   

• The topic was locked