Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion versus Fiction

Carlos Allende

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Knock, knock, knock..... Isn't direct observation. 

In concert with 100 other happenings, it certainly is.

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

You tried to evoke happenings, I didn't. I therefore can't be quizzing myself as to whether I willed anything to manifest itself, and it became a wish-fulfilment hallucination of some kind.

Not consciously. But considering that your life is run 95% of the time by your subconscious. You'd be surprised. Grief and loss can do some strange things to the mind. You know what might be a good idea. Just accept the event and move forward. I saw my dead grandfather after his funeral. Wasn't him, it was my emotional pain made manifest. As a way for me to move through the grieving process. 

The thing is I did stuff where a lot of others just pretend. Set back and assumed, I tested. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

In concert with 100 other happenings, it certainly is.

Can you prove it? If not then no matter what, it is just an opinion and a personal experience which counts for nothing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Sort of like reading tea leaves.

The great irony is, the "team" kid themselves that I just wanted it to be true, too much, and went off the deep end into fantasy land, yep, that would explain it, when in reality they very much want it to be untrue, for their own unexamined motives.

Just now, Habitat said:

The great irony is, the "team" kid themselves that I just wanted it to be true, too much, and went off the deep end into fantasy land, yep, that would explain it, when in reality they very much want it to be untrue, for their own unexamined motives.

Can you prove it? I mean if you can....why don't you?

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Your comprehension is lacking, silly boy......

"Yes, thank you Reverend, compelling as always. *attempts to wipe spittle from clothing*"

Okay, now I know you're just trolling. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Can you prove it? I mean if you can....why don't you?

How stupid, that one imagines such proof would debut in this little backwater.

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

How stupid, that one imagines such proof would debut in this little backwater.

And yet you yap on and on about how real it is. Are you a speak-and-spell, we just pull your cord and you go off on a tangent? 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

All of us

Not the team ? See what I mean ?

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And yet you yap on and on about how real it is. Are you a speak-and-spell, we just pull your cord and you go off on a tangent? 

Could we pull that cord out, as far as it will go, and then cut it, closest to the device?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You have done far more yapping than me about this subject matter, odd when you say the matter is void of reality, my excuse is I say it isn't, but I never ask for acceptance of that, I only ask for acceptance that it has to remain an open question, which some say they do treat it as such, but can't help themselves blurting out dogmatic assertions in the negative, from time to time, which give the lie to the claim of suspending judgement. That is prettily easily understood, they want to believe in the negative, but have not managed to convince themselves. Which is good ! But far better, to not fear the "horrors" of what we don't know.

41 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Do you know why you want that to be the case ? Would your life go into a spin if it was ? Surely the true man of science would be happy to go with what actually is, regardless, rather than fret about the possibility ? The stark sameness of this attitude, over dozens of people here, isn't explained by anything, other than fear. And it isn't the fear that some gormless sap might be misled by such claims, it is the fear that it might have some implication for you, were it actually true. And I really don't think there is anything to fear in it.

Your appeals to weirdo psychological theories doesn't erase that I just explained some reasoning to you and you didn't attempt to show any issues in it.  It certainly isn't addressed by the 'you're just a'scared!!' reply above.  Ha, and as has been noted before you have demonstrated that there is nothing to be afraid of anyway; The Wall Scratching Dead doesn't invoke a lot of fear, bro.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Liquid Gardens said:

The Wall Scratching Dead doesn't invoke a lot of fear, bro.

It must do, or  you wouldn't keep talking about it ! 

940739a8-4007-40bd-aae8-dbb12f068612_1.1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

all of us

see what I mean ?

26 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Could we pull that cord out, as far as it will go, and then cut it, closest to the device?

Some dreams can never be a reality.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

940739a8-4007-40bd-aae8-dbb12f068612_1.1

You silly old ratbag !

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Some dreams can never be a reality.

The dream of the team echo chamber ?

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The dream of the team echo chamber ?

The dream of have at least a week without your confrontational attitude, false accusations of a team, and trolling. 

You have brought nothing to the table except complaining. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The dream of have at least a week without your confrontational attitude, false accusations of a team, and trolling. 

You have brought nothing to the table except complaining. 

When you want only conformity to your prejudices, naturally it is not wanted to hear any dissent. At times these threads seem like a refuge for the wilfully blind, not blind to whatever may lay beyond the "veil", but blind to an internal need that it be nothing. 

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, lightly said:

I hear ya psyche.    I guess I just have this rather peculiar unshakable notion of everything being unified in some way.  

Its not just you, many are. Science is chasing the grand unification theory which I suspect will close a lot of currency open questions. 

Its in our nature to look for patterns in things :)

13 hours ago, lightly said:

Just using the word God seems to stop any further discussion or thought...in relation to such a notion.   I dunno.  I don't seem to be able to express my notion adequately .   Thanks for listening and responding.

:tu:

I've just seen so much mess in religion from so many angles, I find the entire God concept rather distasteful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

When you want only conformity to your prejudices, naturally it is not wanted to hear any dissent. At times these threads seem like a refuge for the wilfully blind, not blind to whatever may lay beyond the "veil", but blind to an internal need that it be nothing. 

Nothing to do with any supposed 'prejudices' it has to do with you and your attitude. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked