Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Carlos Allende

Religion versus Fiction

3,755 posts in this topic

Jodie.Lynne
9 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'm trying to convince you jarmy, that rushing to judgement, makes you a dork !

And when gobbledly-gook assertions, and vitriol do not suffice, resort to personal attacks.

Anyone who disagrees with the Almighty Habitat, are to be ridiculed, demeaned, and insulted.

I am aware that I am casting pearls before swine here, but perhaps if you discussed the reasons for your beliefs, and engaged in discussion, you might be better received. You know, instead of playing the beleaguered martyr.

However, I sincerely believe that you thrive on the animosity that you willfully generate. And that you gain some kind of sexual satisfaction from the strife.

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Habitat
Just now, XenoFish said:

You know he's wrong? Ever think that you are wrong? Bet you haven't.

I would not take 1000/1 being wrong about it. 

Dejarma
3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'm trying to convince you jarmy, that rushing to judgement, makes you a dork !

yeah wonderful. would a slow judgment make me (& the team if you like) see things differently?.. How should one go about 'slowly judging' something- got any pointers, HappyTit?

Habitat
1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

However, I sincerely believe that you thrive on the animosity that you willfully generate. And that you gain some kind of sexual satisfaction from the strife.

Seriously, that is about the dumbest accusation I have had to weather here. But, to revert to topic, it would give me some satisfaction if I could convince one or two that the smart thing to do, is not be a fashion victim, in an era where the fashion is to proudly parade your atheism, but stand aloof from such folly, born as it is from the internal politics of the mind, and not from ANY science, which ironically some see as being allied to atheism. It is not. Science ought only be allied to the truth, nothing else. And the ultimate truth of the "beyond", is not known to science.

rashore

Thread closed for review.

Folks, please do go review the site rules, found here: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/guidelines/

Also, keep in mind this sections guidelines:

'Spirituality vs Skepticism' board guidelines

Please always respect the beliefs of other members - the bashing of specific religions, countries, races or belief systems is strictly disallowed. Several of the topics in this section cover some sensitive areas and it is important to respect the views of others; this means no flaming, no flamebaiting, no trolling and no personal attacks. We must also ask that members do not use the forums to promote or 'preach' their personal spiritual beliefs to others.

The Spirituality vs Skepticism board is primarily aimed at discussing the very nature of spirituality themed topics and as such skeptic vs believer style debates are to be expected, for general discussion on topics pertaining to religion and spirituality please visit the Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7