Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

80's Florida serial killer finally executed

Eldorado

"A serial killer who terrorized Florida with a murderous spree that claimed 10 women in 1984 was put to death Thursday, his execution witnessed by a woman who survived one of his attacks and aided in his capture.

"Bobby Joe Long, 65, was pronounced dead at 6:55 p.m. Thursday following a lethal injection at Florida State Prison. Long had no last words, simply closing his eyes as the procedure began, witnesses said."

Full report at CBS: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bobby-joe-long-execution-serial-killer-executed-today-for-murdering-10-women-survivor-witnessed-execution/

At NBC: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/serial-killer-bobby-joe-long-execution-n1009066

• Like 4

Good riddens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally! 

She said she began to cry after she left the room once it was over.

"The peace that came over me is a remarkable feeling," she said

Over 30  years in prison, none of his victims he murdered had a chance to reach over 30'.

It should b

Never had taken so long, Long should have been executed a long time ago.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Im not for the death penelty since it a little hard do something about it if you happen to hang someone by mistake.  

Thankfully this guy is gone. I dont understand why they dont get rid of Breivik 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

Im not for the death penelty since it a little hard do something about it if you happen to hang someone by mistake.  

Thankfully this guy is gone. I dont understand why they dont get rid of Breivik 

Im against the death penalty as well in general but this case almost fits perfectly what I think should be required, it has DNA and an eyewitness, the only thing missing is a recording.

• Like 4