Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Ted Cruz warns about dangers of space pirates

40 posts in this topic

spartan max2

Alot of what modren society runs on is in space.

At some point we will have to worry about protecting it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dumbledore the Awesome

I presume he's talking about other Earth-based nations rather than extraterrestrials?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

freetoroam
3 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I presume he's talking about other Earth-based nations rather than extraterrestrials?

Yes, but I think the US are just as space piratable as any other nation.

• Like 1

Dumbledore the Awesome

Or how about ..

Related image

• Haha 2

Not A Rockstar

I think this is something that tight treaties or some enforcement is on the cards as needed pretty quick, but before we make a new (weaponized) space force, maybe we could, like, repair bridges and highways on the ground first?

Infrastructure is your friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lightly
20 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I think this is something that tight treaties or some enforcement is on the cards as needed pretty quick, but before we make a new (weaponized) space force, maybe we could, like, repair bridges and highways on the ground first?

Infrastructure is your friend.

See,. There you go again, making sense and putting down an idea which could hasten the bankruptcy of the country to make Billions and Billions for the owners and shakers of the defense INDUSTRY.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Piney
7 minutes ago, lightly said:

See,. There you go again, making sense

I've had that problem with him for about 20 years. :o

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not A Rockstar
9 minutes ago, lightly said:

See,. There you go again, making sense and putting down an idea which could hasten the bankruptcy of the country to make Billions and Billions for the owners and shakers of the defense INDUSTRY.   

lmao. *puts a serious and contrite face on*

I am sorry @lightly . May it happen more often.

• Thanks 1

lightly

Yeah,.   Watch it.

• Haha 1

XenoFish

Note to self: Fire whoever is in charge of the illuminati's disinformation division.

The invisible alien plan was discovered, now the space pirates...Grrr.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Seti42

A bigger danger is hackers manipulating satellites. That can be done from the ground, and some silly 'space force' can't do a thing about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dumbledore the Awesome

Of course the other problem you want to watch out for is the space cowboys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Captain Risky
1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Perplexing statement from Cruz. Maybe Ted Cruz is suggesting that criminals might one day have the ability to launch into outta space. Im thinking high altitude balloons. but that would be like 50 years away at best id imagine. 

Conspiracy

Im not worried about the pirates, its the space mongolians we should be scared of!

Desertrat56

I think Trump would have a better chance getting money for his space force than for his wall and it is a lot less emotionally charged issue.

Jaded1
Posted (edited)

Maybe they should watch out for these guys...

Image result for the ice pirates (1984)

Edited by Jaded1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Desertrat56

Does no one remember Ronald Reagan's "star wars" project?  I thought that was to protect our equipment in orbit.  What ever happened to that?

Jaded1
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Does no one remember Ronald Reagan's "star wars" project?  I thought that was to protect our equipment in orbit.  What ever happened to that?

That was a missile defence system to protect us from nuclear weapons that got launched into space (ballistic missiles), not to protect our equipment in orbit but to protect us on the ground.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative

Edited by Jaded1
  • Like 1

GlitterRose
3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Image result for spaceballs meme trump

• Thanks 1

and then
3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think Trump would have a better chance getting money for his space force than for his wall and it is a lot less emotionally charged issue.

Yet the controversy over the wall is far more pressing and has the potential to be existential in nature.   A nation that promises welfare benefits to all that also has no borders is on a path to self-annihilation.  Only a fool can look at this situation and not understand what it means and where it leads.  A fool or an enemy of America.  Cui Bono? 

and then
4 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Image result for spaceballs meme trump

GR, have you noticed that for two years, he keeps winning on every issue he takes up?  The people who ran the coup attempt in the FBI and CIA are gone.  The politicians that chose to run without his endorsement lost, the economy that he was supposed to destroy is booming historically, and it can be reasonably argued that he's about to preside over the trial and possible imprisonment of some very senior former FBI and CIA traitors.  Uncanny.  But by all means, keep the ad hominems coming.  It may soothe the agony for ya.

GlitterRose
Just now, and then said:

GR, have you noticed that for two years, he keeps winning on every issue he takes up?  The people who ran the coup attempt in the FBI and CIA are gone.  The politicians that chose to run without his endorsement lost, the economy that he was supposed to destroy is booming historically, and it can be reasonably argued that he's about to preside over the trial and possible imprisonment of some very senior former FBI and CIA traitors.  Uncanny.  But by all means, keep the ad hominems coming.  It may soothe the agony for ya.

Can't you just laugh at a funny meme?

• Like 1

and then
Just now, GlitterRose said:

Can't you just laugh at a funny meme?

I did laugh.  I still have a sense of humor.  I think you'll have to admit that posting such meme's can be seen as part of a LONG, tiring attack and it just gets old after awhile.  Sorry if I offended.

• Like 1

and then
5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Perplexing statement from Cruz. Maybe Ted Cruz is suggesting that criminals might one day have the ability to launch into outta space. Im thinking high altitude balloons. but that would be like 50 years away at best id imagine. 

The Chinese have killer anti-sat weapons now.  They have put a station into orbit - the Heavenly Palace. I think they called it.  We've had a "secret" space plane like a miniature shuttle that stays on station in orbit for months.  I think Cruz is just acknowledging that nations have or could soon have the ability to put threats into orbit that could blind us at the outset of a war.  It may seem a little silly to us but I think we really are on that threshold now.  In fact, I think there is tech in the works now that would scare the HELL out of the common folk if we were told about it.  

• Like 2