Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does this mean? (read)

Samhain

55 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Satanists in the woods up to nefarious stuffs...

that's so '80s.

LOL, I am old, I guess. Maybe they got less press after the big Satanism Scare. I was still running into the wanna be's into the late 90's as a cop working with young people as often as I could. None the real ones. I had no issues with the real ones nor did they ever leave "stuffs" around. After that the kids got diverted by the vampire shows and later the furry stuffs, with some wanna be Santeria/voo doo stuffs..... geez and my Mom thought she had trouble with me over bell bottoms, tarot cards, guitar and sneaking cigarettes...

Depends, though, on how long ago OP is speaking of and it may be different up there, too. Not like I worked the Center of Everything :) local kids tended to hit the religion fads after the first wave and imagined it was current.

• Like 2

Any self-respecting ones would pick up after themselves.

Not like I would know. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Probably locals reacting to their Hot Topic closing down. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

sneaking cigarettes...

Did you write banishing spells or prayer on them? 

Edited by XenoFish

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Did you write banishing spells or prayer on them? 

neither. Just smoked em :) 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

neither. Just smoked em :) 

It must be a chaos magick thing then.

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to What does this mean? (read)
16 hours ago, Piney said:

KKK is more like it. Satanists don't do that kind of stuff. 

There are KKK in New Jersey?

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

There are KKK in New Jersey?

They were formed in the late 1800s against the Italian and Jewish immigrants who created towns and bought farms in the Pine Barrens and on the edges. They held rallies in Millville all the way up until the 1980s, then held cross burnings on state game land up until the early 2000s. They are still here but underground. 

New Jersey is on the top of the ACLU list for hate groups. :hmm:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

They were formed in the late 1800s against the Italian and Jewish immigrants who created towns and bought farms in the Pine Barrens and on the edges. They held rallies in Millville all the way up until the 1980s, then held cross burnings on state game land up until the early 2000s. They are still here but underground. 

New Jersey is on the top of the ACLU list for hate groups. :hmm:

I learned something new.  I was in Augusta, Georgia when the feds had to sue the KKK for recruiting in high schools.  The principal would hold an assembly for all white males, required.  Everyone else was to stay in class as scheduled.  One of the boys was an army kid and went to the news station with the story.  He was very upset about the whole thing and apparently the Augusta residents were confused about his concern. 

He was interviewed by the news station along with the principal of the high school and it was amazing how articulate the teenager was and how inarticulate the principal was.

The other army kids usually just made sure to miss school that day.  Anyway, the news story caused an investigation.  The army base had a school but the parents that I knew said it was sub standard even for Georgia, which is saying a lot.  I remember the businesses in town always had signs stating they were  proud  members of the KKK so there were a lot of army personnel that never went to town while stationed there.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The other army kids usually just made sure to miss school that day.  Anyway, the news story caused an investigation.  The army base had a school but the parents that I knew said it was sub standard even for Georgia, which is saying a lot.  I remember the businesses in town always had signs stating they were  proud  members of the KKK so there were a lot of army personnel that never went to town while stationed there.

Hunter? 

Just now, Piney said:

Hunter? 

Augusta.

• Thanks 1