Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Ability

Samhain

I don’t know if this is anything big, but I’ve noticed that I’m able to do this for a while now.

It started in 2016, three years ago. Whenever a teacher was going to call on me, I could feel it. And it isn’t because they’re looking at me. In my geometry class, the teacher has popsicle sticks where people get randomly chose. When it’s going to be me I’m always right. Beforehand I get this weird feeling as if myself is telling myself that I’m going to get picked. I don’t know how to explain it.

Anothwr thing I’ve noticed is my guessing ability. One morning on the radio they were having this thing for guessing how much money there is with no hint whatsoever. Before the person started guessing I blurted a random number to my mom who was in the car with me. 1,653. When the guy started guessing he said 1600, but he was too low, then he said 1700, but he was too high. The real number was never revealed but the fact that I got so close and potentionally right at the number was shocking to both my mom and myself.

Is this some kind of sense ability? What do you guys think?

30 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

How many times have you been wrong? 

Wrong in getting the feeling but it wasn’t actually going to happen or if whatever I was feeling was wrong? Not often. I actually can’t recall a time I was wrong. Sometimes when the teachers picking a stick to see who would do a problem, I would think “oh no, please don’t let it be me.” As a naturally introverted person I get really nervous when talking in front of the class. But I never actually get that feeling unless it’s actually about to happen.

1 minute ago, Samhain said:

Wrong in getting the feeling but it wasn’t actually going to happen or if whatever I was feeling was wrong? Not often. I actually can’t recall a time I was wrong. Sometimes when the teachers picking a stick to see who would do a problem, I would think “oh no, please don’t let it be me.” As a naturally introverted person I get really nervous when talking in front of the class. But I never actually get that feeling unless it’s actually about to happen.

You could be reading body language and aware that the probability of picking you is 1 out of X amount of students. 

• Like 1

Hello Samhain,

That is a nice gift to have. My understanding is that being good at guessing like this is a form of telepathy.

John

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You could be reading body language and aware that the probability of picking you is 1 out of X amount of students. 

Agreed.  Probably unconscious use of the Clever Hans effect: link

• Thanks 2

Just now, Alchopwn said:

Agreed.  Probably unconscious use of the Clever Hans effect: link

Thanks. Haven't heard of this before. 

• Like 1