Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Einstein Fooled You All

Montezuma III

Einstein was a genius. His genius did not lie in understanding the Universe, but rather the gullibility of the masses. His Theory of General Relativity is a prime example. A man standing at a depot sees 2 lightning bolts. A woman on a train moving near the speed of light sees the bolts occur in succession, therefore Time is relative. Here's the trick - excluding the woman on the train, EVERYONE ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE sees the bolts occur simultaneously. And Black Holes? Another mental sleight of hand. Einstein proposes that mass warps space-time. A massive object such as a star warps space-time, and an object orbiting is actually falling around the curve. Here's the trick - describe how this works for 8 planets - or 400 billion stars - it doesn't. The reason it works is because people accept things without question. Light moves at 670,615,200 mph. Nothing can come close to this speed, and gravity has no effect on it. Feel free to ridicule this concept as well, as I have no interest in your feedback. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

C23A6608-6291-4BCC-83C5-ABF424FE97BD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

This explains why I could never understand relativity, thanks a million !

1 hour ago, Montezuma III said:

*snip*

EVERYONE ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE sees the bolts occur simultaneously

*snip*

You would actually only see them simultaneously if you were equidistant from where they both struck...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Another fool with no evidence.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2019 at 3:08 PM, darkmoonlady said:

This feels like a paper written by a middle schooler who didn't study and then had to write a paper about Einstein on the fly. F-

Just what this forum needs another open minded, good mannered member!

:gun:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2019 at 10:42 PM, Montezuma III said:

Einstein was a genius. His genius did not lie in understanding the Universe, but rather the gullibility of the masses. His Theory of General Relativity is a prime example. A man standing at a depot sees 2 lightning bolts. A woman on a train moving near the speed of light sees the bolts occur in succession, therefore Time is relative. Here's the trick - excluding the woman on the train, EVERYONE ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE sees the bolts occur simultaneously. And Black Holes? Another mental sleight of hand. Einstein proposes that mass warps space-time. A massive object such as a star warps space-time, and an object orbiting is actually falling around the curve. Here's the trick - describe how this works for 8 planets - or 400 billion stars - it doesn't. The reason it works is because people accept things without question. Light moves at 670,615,200 mph. Nothing can come close to this speed, and gravity has no effect on it. Feel free to ridicule this concept as well, as I have no interest in your feedback. 

Sounds like we are done and the thread needs locked then.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Gravity has no effect on light. Someone forgot to tell black holes that. 

And gravitational lensing.  Everything the OP says is idiotic and contradicted by evidence.  

No doubt he's running his mouth because his other topic got locked.  Basically the same as here, peddling his own bull**** "theories" while saying verifiable evidence is wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2019 at 11:42 PM, Montezuma III said:

Feel free to ridicule this concept as well, as I have no interest in your feedback. 

You said you were leaving. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/05/2019 at 4:42 AM, Montezuma III said:

Einstein was a genius.

who told you that?

22 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

who told you that?

Ghostbusters!

^_^

On 25/05/2019 at 1:42 PM, Montezuma III said:

Einstein was a genius.

Correct.  But it's all downhill from there.

His genius did not lie in understanding the Universe, but rather the gullibility of the masses.

I guess from a position of complete lack of knowledge, it's easy to call others gullible.

His Theory of General Relativity is a prime example.

.. of his understanding of the Universe, and the ability to .. THINK.  Give it a shot one day, Monty.

A man standing at a depot sees 2 lightning bolts. A woman on a train moving near the speed of light sees the bolts occur in succession, therefore Time is relative.

You haven't actually read anything on this subject, have you?

Here's the trick - excluding the woman on the train, EVERYONE ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE sees the bolts occur simultaneously.

That's just daft and reinforces my previous comment.  As is very clearly and eruditely explained in/by the theory, and by those who 'get it', it is NOT 'everyone else in the universe'.  It depends on their frame or reference, in particularly how fast they are moving RELATIVE to the events... 

And Black Holes? Another mental sleight of hand. Einstein proposes that mass warps space-time. A massive object such as a star warps space-time, and an object orbiting is actually falling around the curve. Here's the trick - describe how this works for 8 planets - or 400 billion stars - it doesn't.

It does.  See how easy it is to type stuff?

Where is your maths?  It's actually relatively (geddit) simple.

The reason it works is because people accept things without question.

No, it's because even here on dear old mother earth, there are numerous ways you can verify these effects.

Light moves at 670,615,200 mph.

No, it doesn't.  First of all, you should specify 'in a vacuum' - if you mean in something else, like air or water, say so - but no-one who understands the topic would do that unless there was a reason...  Properly rounded to 8 sig figs, the speed of light in a vacuum is 670,616,630 mph.  So please don't post incorrect information. :D

Nothing can come close to this speed

Except for Light.  Gravity/gravitons also 'travel' at this speed, and also Neutrinos can get very close.  You are wrong again - did you research *any* of this?

and gravity has no effect on it.

I'd suggest you might want to look up 'gravity lensing'.  Hubble has taken many images showing what you think is impossible.

Feel free to ridicule this concept as well

Done.

I have no interest in your feedback. 

Others may learn, that's the main thing.  You have given a good example of what not to think, and you will be a lesson to others in that respect, at least...

For anyone just getting into Relativity, may I suggest the words of the man himself.  Einstein was a surprisingly good communicator, and his original notes, translated, are a really great way to get introduced to the topic.  Try this PDF for size:
https://www.ibiblio.org/ebooks/Einstein/Einstein_Relativity.pdf

It's a little long winded in parts but only requires a little bit of maths.  If you are confident with your basic physics knowledge, skip to Chapter VII, and go slowly and methodically - if you get lost, go back a few chapters.... I thoroughly recommend it - somehow it's wonderful to read the words of the man himself explaining it.  He carefully works through basic principles up to the point where you are (gently but inexorably) forced to see what relativity is, why it is necessary, and exactly how the theory holds together.  It's quite fascinating how 'normal' physics *must* 'break down' when you get up near light speeds.  There are reasons why it exists, and many proofs (see below).

Monty just doesn't get it, and that's ok, but relativity is real. It works. It's proven.  It is needed in lots of areas that you might encounter day to day, like GPS, electronics design (especially high speed processing chips), your gold jewelry would look more like silver (look it up!), electromagnet designs (eg old cathode ray tubes in TV's had to be designed to take into account relativistic effects - the speed at which the electrons were fired was ~1/3 that of light..).  And of course much of astronomy/cosmology is based on relativistic principles.

Anyway, sadly (?) we won't hear from Monty again, as he apparently doesn't want to learn.  Or be challenged.

Sorta strange behavior for someone who joined a discussion forum.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 5:42 AM, Montezuma III said:

Only that there were repeated experiments which managed to measure how Earth warps space-time with it's mass. We are lucky that Einstein had interest in things which no one was thinking about and maybe would not think about them ever, i mean who bothers with perspective which man on a bike has relative to a train, their movements etc?

Is this leading to story that he stole his theory from his wife? :) 

26.jpg

• Haha 3

So, no one heard of Montezuma III ever after. I suspect he is a winner of 2019 Darwin award by testing some genious ideas...

• Thanks 1

On 25/05/2019 at 4:42 AM, Montezuma III said:

Feel free to ridicule this concept as well, as I have no interest in your feedback. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:42 PM, Montezuma III said:

Einstein was a genius. His genius did not lie in understanding the Universe, but rather the gullibility of the masses.

Sure is good to see you figured that all out.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:42 PM, Montezuma III said:

Why post then?  Just to display some defiance and  anti-social rancor?  No worries.  Thanks for your time.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:42 PM, Montezuma III said:

All I can say is Oh No!!!  How old are you?

• Haha 2

Man that indoor grown stuff just gets stronger and stronger...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1