Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
BuddingPsychic1111

The Secret Space Program

45 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

toast
1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Classified under the Star Wars and Orion projects.

So you are claiming to have access to classified information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
RabidMongoose
2 minutes ago, toast said:

So you are claiming to have access to classified information?

Thats what you claimed or did you forget?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
39 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Thats what you claimed or did you forget?

Where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
4 hours ago, toast said:

Yeah, and? But we don not have the technology developed yet to travel at 1/5 of the speed of light, thats Perry Rhodan fantasy.

Anyone longing for more E.E. (Doc) Smith type Science Fiction should read Perry Rhodan. It was popular here in the Seventies through Forest J. Ackerman translations. Great stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

@BuddingPsychic1111 I was ready to read your OP and think about it until you mentioned Bob Lazar and Steven Greer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alchopwn
Posted (edited)

I really think we need to have some evidence to support these claims.  This is the danger of anecdotes.  I am normally prepared to give anecdotes the benefit of the doubt in proportion to their claims, but when you get this sort of wall of BS, you need impressive evidence to support it, or you have to cry "a bridge too far buddy".  I think there is at least a shred of evidence, in that Lazar knew about the layout of Area 51, but you can't hang a story this big on evidence that small; somethings gotta give.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan

Do these spaceships also have cloaking shields?  Is that why we can see satellites and rockets and (once upon a time) the space shuttle flying overhead, but not an Orion powered craft?  ;) 

Just because something is theoretical does not mean it's happening - else we'd all be getting our electricity from mid-ocean turbines and thorium nuclear plants ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind

I think the theory of the OP's is a direct result of the History Channel ceasing to broadcast programming dealing in actual history, instead showing the likes of Ancient Aliens.

I was surprised that he didn't add that we actually acquired these ships for an excellent price from an intergalactic pawn shop.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think the theory of the OP's is a direct result of the History Channel ceasing to broadcast programming dealing in actual history, instead showing the likes of Ancient Aliens.

I was surprised that he didn't add that we actually acquired these ships for an excellent price from an intergalactic pawn shop.

I was freaking stunned when on Memorial Day the "History" channel couldnt break away from pawn stars long enough to run even a single documentary to commemorate the day.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
12 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I was freaking stunned when on Memorial Day the "History" channel couldnt break away from pawn stars long enough to run even a single documentary to commemorate the day.

It's embarrassing. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alchopwn
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

I was freaking stunned when on Memorial Day the "History" channel couldnt break away from pawn stars long enough to run even a single documentary to commemorate the day.

History Channel is a nightmare and an embarassment to the word history.  As someone who loves history, I feel personally insulted by History Channel's continued existence.  When it began it was pretty good and had actual shows about history.  Now it is a grab bag of ape dung flung at the lowest common denominator.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I was freaking stunned when on Memorial Day the "History" channel couldnt break away from pawn stars long enough to run even a single documentary to commemorate the day.

Wow, I used to call the history channel the War Channel because every 3 months they would do a month of nothing but WW2.  I guess it's like the Sci-Fi channel changing it's name to SyFy and only showing horror shows.  Someone bought them out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Obviousman

Agree with the comments. Way back in the day, when dinosaurs walked the Earth, History Channel and Discover Channel were reasons to get cable. In fact, (in Australia) you used to have to get premium packages to get them, and so that's what I'd have to get because History / Discovery were all I really wanted to watch (well, maybe also a sci-fi channel as well). These days, however, cable isn't worth the cost, and even when I am staying in hotels and they have History / Discovery available for free, I don't bother watching them because the content is so bad.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
51 minutes ago, Obviousman said:

Agree with the comments. Way back in the day, when dinosaurs walked the Earth, History Channel and Discover Channel were reasons to get cable. In fact, (in Australia) you used to have to get premium packages to get them, and so that's what I'd have to get because History / Discovery were all I really wanted to watch (well, maybe also a sci-fi channel as well). These days, however, cable isn't worth the cost, and even when I am staying in hotels and they have History / Discovery available for free, I don't bother watching them because the content is so bad.

Is that show Naked and Afraid on the Discovery channel?    Have you watched that one?  No one needs to binge watch but it is good entertainment once in a while.   Otherwise I haven't watched the Discovery channel in years either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trelane

Don't forget the Travel Channel that shows nothing but paranormal shows and fat guys eating a lot of weird food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
On 29/05/2019 at 1:06 AM, RabidMongoose said:

Yes we do have the technology.

All that is required is a nuclear reactor, wiring it up to two high powered lasers, and then shooting the two laser beams at a small amount of water injected into a chamber. These technologies all exist, they just need bringing together on a spaceship.

Sound legit.  Oh no wait, it's rubbish. SteamPunk anyone?

On 29/05/2019 at 1:06 AM, RabidMongoose said:

The reason why a spacecraft could get up to 20% the speed of light using nuclear propulsion is the length of time it can accelerate and then decelerate for. Using a tiny amount of water per second means it takes ages to go through the propellant.

If it's only using a small amount (ie mass), then from where exactly does the needed propulsion arise, especially once you get to relativistic speeds, where E=mc2 kicks in?  Is this a new branch of magic physics?   How's about some maths - how much water per second, let's look at your numbers and see if that will give the required 1G...

On 29/05/2019 at 1:06 AM, RabidMongoose said:

Its not like rocket fuel where it only lasts for a few minutes, you could quite literally accelerate and decelerate for years.

There are other ways scientists also say 20% the speed of light is reachable with our current technology. For example having a spacecraft with solar sails on. The idea is the nuclear reactor and powerful lasers stay on earth, and they shoot at the sails on the spacecraft. The spacecraft goes to where its travelling, orbits around the object, comes back, and gets decelerated by the same lasers.

Fascinating.  How does that earth bound laser decelerate the rocket and bring it back?  Using an orbital path for a 'slingshot' or 'gravity assist', does NOT provide large amounts of return acceleration, as the craft has already had to decelerate enough to get into or near an orbital path....

 

These devices (and the standard rocketry equations from physics, which to my knowledge are pretty much set in concrete..) are hardly secret, eg:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beam-powered_propulsion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_rocket

.. and the disadvantages and limitations are pretty well known.  As always, there is no free lunch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Fascinating.  How does that earth bound laser decelerate the rocket and bring it back?

Good catch! Lets name it Anti-Laser. Not anti-something-laser, Anti-Laser. It works with photons with a speed of minus 299792458 m/s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Minimalists
14 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Is that show Naked and Afraid on the Discovery channel?    Have you watched that one?  No one needs to binge watch but it is good entertainment once in a while.   Otherwise I haven't watched the Discovery channel in years either. 

Quote

Is that show Naked and Afraid on the Discovery channel?  

Yep sure is..Beats me why people want to get on national TV and bare their asses...Must be a hell of a pay check.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
3 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Yep sure is..Beats me why people want to get on national TV and bare their asses...Must be a hell of a pay check.

They dont discuss it on the show but an article i read claimed the standard rate for contestants is 5k but they do pay previous contestants more than that to come back if they were particularly interesting.

I love the show, but I love almost all  survival and primitive living shows (weirdly never survivor though, too much game show) , even fully knowing how far they are from actual survival conditions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
On 31/05/2019 at 5:47 PM, toast said:

Good catch! Lets name it Anti-Laser. Not anti-something-laser, Anti-Laser. It works with photons with a speed of minus 299792458 m/s.

Ooh, I want one!!  Just need to remember to point it the opposite way before firing.

..

oh, wait ....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.