Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dora Ruth Smith

BruiserBrody

http://charleyproject.org/case/dora-ruth-smith

Dora was last seen in April of 1977 at her Alabama home. She left the house in the middle of the night without her essentials (keys, dentures, purse etc) and was seen by her husband entering a truck. 

In 2003, Dora's home was being renovated and a letter was found, along with 200 dollars under the wallpaper in the bathroom. It said ""They are trying to take my food away and kill me. Please help me."

Her husband was suspected of killing her, but a body was never located. 

• Like 2

Husband most likely killed her. I wonder if she had dementia? That, surely, would be the only reason she would wander off in the middle of the night, in just her nightdress, without taking any essentials with her ...... if she wandered off. I don't know what to make of the note and the $200.

What attracted you to this case, BruiserBrody?

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 8:04 AM, ouija ouija said:

Husband most likely killed her. I wonder if she had dementia? That, surely, would be the only reason she would wander off in the middle of the night, in just her nightdress, without taking any essentials with her ...... if she wandered off. I don't know what to make of the note and the $200.

What attracted you to this case, BruiserBrody?

Saw it while making my weekly rounds on the crime boards and found the note to be fascinating.  It certainly seems the husband killed her. She was only 47 IIRC, so Dementia is probably not the culprit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruiserBrody said:

Saw it while making my weekly rounds on the crime boards and found the note to be fascinating.  It certainly seems the husband killed her. She was only 47 IIRC, so Dementia is probably not the culprit.  

Now that's funny to me that you find the note fascinating because I wasn't- and I'm still not- interested whatsoever in that note.

What interests me is that the husband claimed that he'd witnessed her getting into a vehicle! :huh:

• Like 1

Regi - you always seem to come across aggressive, maybe it is just me...

I can't for the life understand why you WOULDN'T find that note even a little interesting? I agree re: the comment about the husband seeing her getting into a car, though. :o

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt Vinyl said:

I can't for the life understand why you WOULDN'T find that note even a little interesting?

I don't think it's relevant to the disappearance.