Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mankind

LightAngel

Isn't that weird? That we all recall it, but not the details?

IIRC, it was in an anthology where I read it. I'll look through my book stacks to see if I can find it.

It may take a while. Lots of books, lots of stacks... :D

39 minutes ago, Piney said:

I did get it and found a really horrible attempt at humor worthy of Adam Sandler and Bob Saget. 

At least you and I agree on one thing. You certainly need a writer. :yes:

You will not get me to argue that, and that is because I have been saying it all along. But instead of getting my needs met, all I get is humor not worth a dime...maybe a nickel's worth. See if you get that one!

2 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

You will not get me to argue that, and that is because I have been saying it all along. But instead of getting my needs met, all I get is humor not worth a dime...maybe a nickel's worth. See if you get that one!

Here's my 2 cents. You need to find a Atlantidiot whose a wordsmith, but since Atlanstupidity is strictly a American phenomenon. Good like with that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Did you enjoy instant fresh water in your sink, toilet, and bath? Or did you slog a mile to the well to draw a bucket of water with a hand crank?

She may not need to go a mile, as you are not giving her the option of controlling her bowel movements either, by having an old fashion back house with just a big hole in the ground, and no need for that clean fresh water to flush it down with. But why stop at fresh and clean for flushing purposes, why not demand that it be distilled water, then she'll have to slog another 5 miles to the store, hoping she will not "need to go" on her way.

One thing we can say about some of our food source, they don't need to slog for clean and fresh water, as they will wallow in the mire.

27 minutes ago, Piney said:

Here's my 2 cents. You need to find a Atlantidiot whose a wordsmith, but since Atlanstupidity is strictly a American phenomenon. Good like with that. 

Obviously you did not get it. But that's alright, as you get an A for effort, and a nickel tip for another time. Get it?

12 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Obviously you did not get it. But that's alright, as you get an A for effort, and a nickel tip for another time. Get it?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

She may not need to go a mile, as you are not giving her the option of controlling her bowel movements either, by having an old fashion back house with just a big hole in the ground, and no need for that clean fresh water to flush it down with. But why stop at fresh and clean for flushing purposes, why not demand that it be distilled water, then she'll have to slog another 5 miles to the store, hoping she will not "need to go" on her way.

One thing we can say about some of our food source, they don't need to slog for clean and fresh water, as they will wallow in the mire.

You have entirely missed my point.

It doesn't matter whether she has a hole in the ground, an outhouse, or a solid, 14K gold toilet.

My point is that she is bewailing humanity's position, while enjoying all the fruits of the civilization she seemingly detests.

Like the trendy hipsters, with their $6 Lattes, driving their SUV's to the "save the Planet" rallies....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Like the trendy hipsters, with their $6 Lattes, driving their SUV's to the "save the Planet" rallies....

*sigh*

The "New Model Quaker" in their armchairs.......:hmm:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I'm not trying to be hostile, really, I'm not, ?

Yes, you are!

And you misunderstand my topic!

I don't have time or energy to reply to your nonsense anymore.

You are now ignored.

Humans are stunningly amazing with respect to all other creatures on Earth.

With some tangent exception, humans completely rule the Earth unlike any other species.

No other species has even come close to what humans have achieved.

Though a wild animal can easily devour an unprotected human, or inject fatal venom, humans as a whole are absolute rulers of the animal kingdom when afforded weaponry defense, pest control, or medical intervention.

Even with lethal bacterial or viral disease, humans as a whole find a way to combat the issue... though many lives may be lost in the process.

We are at the very top of every creature on Earth... as a species.

Amazing.

8 hours ago, Piney said:

Judism-Christianity-Islam.......Get a clue genius! 

I can't stand Israel. Most filthiest country full of the most ignorant people I ever had the pleasure of being kicked out of. So according to the Orange Painted Idiot I guess I am a anti-Semite.  

I know it's not suppose to be funny. But I smiled at this

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Piney said:

I'm a PYM Quaker so it doesn't matter and here's why we are banned.

https://www.philly.com/philly/news/israeli-ban-philly-peace-bds-quaker-20180108.html

My victimhood is superior to than yours.  You're racist!

I can't really enter a dog in that (Israel-Palestine) fight.  I really can't raise the energy to carry someone else's emotional baggage on the issue and come to a thoughtful opinion.  (And that's not directed at you @Piney)

Australia has a bit of a niggling history with Malaysia's Dr Mahatir; but, Au's Frydenberg labeling him antisemtic over moving the Israeli capital to Jerusalem... well can expect better.

I was reading up on this these guys -  https://www.antidef.org.au/ - for a thread, on free speech, that ended up locked.  One thing that stuck out, like the proverbials, was there activism against an "IT'S OK TO BE WHITE" sign taken to a sporting event.  However, there's no mention of Lauren Southern wearing a t-shirt with the same slogan when she toured here basically to bash Islam.

At some stage I may have leaned into the words If Palestinians were to lay down their guns tomorrow, there would be no war. If Israel were to lay down its arms, there would be no Israel.  It's hard can't keep the sympathy now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Sadly, I fear that humanity will repeat the mistakes of the past, and try to "educate' other sentient life into following the crappe we will bring with us. 

Can you imagine human missionaries trying to convince a race of arachnids that "Jesus died for your sins"....

Or that the Oompa-Loompas of Omicron Ceti IV were sitting on a motherload of an element we needed....

It is my greatest fear that WE are the Klingons of our universe. :(

Well, we are pretty nerfed Klingons if that is the case.

• Like 1

The danger of any communication is that there is always a discrepancy between what is being said on one side and what is being heard on the other. And in many cases - it is precisely this discrepancy, this shift in understanding, that makes for interesting discussions.

However, this shift can also, obviously, go in another direction - leading towards discord. 

It is of utmost importance that both the source and the destination of the message being communicated are - ready to receive, open to understand and generally constructive towards communication even though the message may end up being disputed. 

It is this openness to communication that is the fertile ground for exchanging ideas, regardless what the messages are and whether the outcome is agreement and disagreement.

However, if some minds are set on purposefully (even though maybe not always consciously) misinterpreting the message even before it has reached them, inciting conflict and offering insult - then there is very little anyone can really do to dissuade such minds from their intended purpose or steer them away from their course. 

In my posts about the state of mankind, about its "discontents", I speak of man as part of nature regardless of how he behaves. Man is within the paradigm of nature, both biologically and philosophically, regardless of what he does or does not do. 

Speaking of it in this sense - the subjugation of man to nature is through association, not through hierarchy - but he is then as subjugated to nature as his own organs are subjugated to him. 

If a man produces a car, a computer or a baseball bat - those items are now also by association - part of nature. 

In anything that man does - he is natural. Even in his arrogance - he is inseparable from nature. Therefore - it is impossible for me to criticize man without simultaneously criticizing nature and vice versa. 

With all this said - my post was merely observational, imparting neither praise nor criticism. However, as neutral as one desires to be, to refer to the beginning of this post, one can't control how he will be perceived by someone else. And quite often, the negative coloration of a message is imparted by the listener and his own projections even though it was not intended at all by the speaker. 

If I was to say that any particular sentiment should be ascribed to my original post - then it would be that of love, fortitude and courage that I think is every individual's task to find in this life.

At least - this is what I have found to be true in my own life.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Piney said:

Judism-Christianity-Islam.......Get a clue genius! 

I can't stand Israel. Most filthiest country full of the most ignorant people I ever had the pleasure of being kicked out of. So according to the Orange Painted Idiot I guess I am a anti-Semite.  

Well you should be kicked out, I cannot believe we still have anti-Semitism in todays world.

Nature had a place for us - scavenger I think it was. Then we broke free, using tools and technology to thwart Natures plan. But unless we take heed of Natures warnings, it will rein us in again to the place it thinks we belong.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Isn't that weird? That we all recall it, but not the details?

IIRC, it was in an anthology where I read it. I'll look through my book stacks to see if I can find it.

It may take a while. Lots of books, lots of stacks... :D

I have a lot of stacks and shelves of books too.  :P

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Well you should be kicked out, I cannot believe we still have anti-Semitism in todays world.

Ironic coming from a White supremacist. :yes:

I'm anti-Israel, not a anti-Semite. Just like my 2 JEWISH friends I went to Quaker school with and my one Jewish friend I work with. .

Read the bloody link :lol:

https://www.afsc.org/story/afsc-among-human-rights-orgs-barred-israel

• Like 7

20 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Mankind should go extinct. That would solve all the problems. 

"Death solves all problems. There is no man and no problem." -Stalin 1918, rephrased by Skynet in 2043 as "10101010010101010001010100110000100100010010101010001111001010101010111110101010010100110101000101010100101100101001011001010101010011110010101010010101010001010101010010101010010101111010100110001111001101010100101010100101010100100101010000101010101101100101010100101001101001010101010101010010101001001010101001001001010001010101000100100101010010101001010101001010101110101000101010010100101000101010010101001010010100011001010010100010100100010010010010010100010101010010100101010010100100010010111001001010101001000101001001010100101010010101001010001010100010100000110101001010100101010010100101010010101001010010101001010100101010100000101010101110101110010101011100110000101001010000101001010100000"

• Haha 2

On 30.5.2019 at 12:15 AM, DirtyDocMartens said:

Thanks for such a thought provoking post, I'm looking forward to reading your followups!

Thank you.

What are your thoughts here?!

I prefer your own thoughts here instead of reading books.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:43 PM, XenoFish said:

Instead of solving a problem in a person, you want to eliminate the person  thinking that the problem will disappear but it will remain as a non-physical person will exist and he will have to solve this problem further in evolution on another planet if we assume that our planet will be destroyed.
Therefore, it is better to solve this on Earth in a physical body. It is even good that people die because in the next life you will have a different point of view.

Kindness is all we need most of the time. ;)

Edit: I'm sorry that I have edited my post a lot here, but some post has disappeared.

Edited by LightAngel

On 5/30/2019 at 6:43 AM, XenoFish said:

1cba02b056944308e72401de0acbf9dbb471aad6

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

We are all human as far as I know, so who do you think should be terminated first?!