Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SpaceX satellites spark Dutch UFO frenzy

Eldorado

"A Dutch website set up to record UFO sightings was flooded early Saturday with reports after a "train of stars" was spotted crossing the Netherlands' skies, sparking fears of an alien invasion.

"But what some thought to be a close encounter of the third kind turned out to be a string of some 60 satellites launched by US-based SpaceX hours earlier as part of its "Starlink" constellation."

Full report at Phys Org: https://phys.org/news/2019-05-encounters-spacex-satellites-dutch-ufo.html

At CTV News: https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/close-encounters-spacex-satellites-spark-dutch-ufo-frenzy-1.4437211

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

"UFO experts" / "testimonials"  / "sightings" / "witnesses"

:lol:

• Like 2

It's ET "Morse code" for "Resistance is Futile"...  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

It's ET "Morse code" for "Resistance is Futile"...  :lol:

Is that two taps and a beep or two beeps and a tap?

• Like 1

can they paint their satellite mat or something, so they are not visible from the ground, 12 000 more false moving stars...

• Haha 1

i recall i believe it was kevin randall of one of those ufologists taking about betty hill, she would go to lectures and wax about trucks floating over highways..everywhere a group went out with her at night and to her everything, street lights, stop signs you name it was an alien craft, complete with floating trucks....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

can they paint their satellite mat or something, so they are not visible from the ground, 12 000 more false moving stars...

The Starlink satellites, which use a krypton ion thruster with very low thrust, will be disbursing over the next few days and will likely become far less visible, a least that is what they hope.  https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/24/spacex-reveals-more-starlink-info-after-launch-of-first-60-satellites/

Starlink satellite.

satellite__ANTENNA.jpg

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

The Starlink satellites, which use a krypton ion thruster with very low thrust, will be disbursing over the next few days and will likely become far less visible, a least that is what they hope.

Starlink satellite.

satellite__ANTENNA.jpg

Hoping that they will be... not sure tho...

5 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Hoping that they will be... not sure tho...

Yep, hope.  I'm not sure SpaceX would keep launching if they are going to put thousands of reflective satellites in orbit knowing the furor it would cause (include me in that furor) so let's see what happens before condemning it but it will be a great boon to many parts of the world that can't get connected to he internet if SpaceX can make it work.  All the satellites will deorbit naturally at end of life so they won't add to the clutter.

• Like 2

I mean if you didn't know there was gonna be a launch I could see this being creepy but just like that Russian failed missile over Norway created this wormhole entry to another dimension freaked people out lol

dn18262-1_300.jpg

• Like 2

The line was too perfect for it to be done by humans.

7MZYBRWHFFBVPF2UFOLIJUPQN4.jpg

• Haha 1