Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"If you aren't obese you're privileged & evil"

Sheltie

4 minutes ago, Sheltie said:

What I find troubling is that we're facing one of the biggest health issues in history yet we're not allowed to even discuss it.  Any mention of the obesity epidemic gets you chastised for fat shaming.  

I dont like the PC culture i have always been stocky and just have to glance at a chokolate bar to gain 5kg. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

It usually a mixture of them both not much exercise and fast food and as you mentioned psychological issues. If you exercise your brain gets younger and of course work better. 

Yes, I think there are many factors which contribute to obesity.  One of those factors may be genetics but it's just one of MANY.  There are so many people nowadays who want to just say "oh, it's all genetics".  We know there's a lot more to it than that.  If it's all genetics, why wasn't there an obesity epidemic back in the 1970's when I was growing up?  Did our genes mutate?  :o

• Thanks 2

What do you get if you guzzle down sweets. If you know you put on weight easily you have to be more careful with what you eat cause you are what you eat. 

2 minutes ago, Sheltie said:

Did our genes mutate?  :o

No our food did.....into trash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sheltie said:

why wasn't there an obesity epidemic back in the 1970's when I was growing up? 

I can say the same about the 1980's when I was a kid and in the 90's when I was a teen. We had maybe 3 hefty people at our school. 

18 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

It usually a mixture of them both not much exercise and fast food and as you mentioned psychological issues. If you exercise your brain gets younger and of course work better. 

Why does this whistlehead have a harsh American accent? 

• Haha 1

We have to consider how most teen and adults can just veg out on video games and the internet all the time now. 

98526e11fc012801eb1050d7494405b4b55b0b84

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sheltie said:

Yes, I think there are many factors which contribute to obesity.  One of those factors may be genetics but it's just one of MANY.  There are so many people nowadays who want to just say "oh, it's all genetics".  We know there's a lot more to it than that.  If it's all genetics, why wasn't there an obesity epidemic back in the 1970's when I was growing up?  Did our genes mutate?  :o

The food industry and the medical industry actually got a small part to do with it. Food industry by sweetening and adding sugar into ready meals and wanting us to eat carb. The medical then cashes in on all the meds sold.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Why does this whistlehead have a harsh American accent? 

Ok did you read my post about Krav Maga where i brought up this subject.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sheltie said:

What I find troubling is that we're facing one of the biggest health issues in history yet we're not allowed to even discuss it.  Any mention of the obesity epidemic gets you chastised for fat shaming.  

Who says we can not discuss it?

I someone you know is putting their lives at risk and you care enough about them to discuss it, then those who say you can not are in the wrong.

There is also how it is discussed, if someone is obese because of medical problems, they will not be the ones blaming thin people.

Every supermarket i go in, you have to pass the fruit and veg section before you get to the pizzas, so there is not excuse for not buying healthy food. 

As for one of the biggest health issues, if obese people use the NHS because of their unhealthy eating habits, then tax payers have every right to "discuss" that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

Ok did you read my post about Krav Maga where i brought up this subject.

All of them! :o

:rofl:

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

What did it do for your cardiovascular and immune system? :blink:

I actually felt better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Every supermarket i go in, you have to pass the fruit and veg section before you get to the pizzas, so there is not excuse for not buying healthy food. 

In all fairness, healthy foods usually are a little more expensive than processed foods.  Still not a good excuse for eating poorly, though.  

• Like 1

Okay here are my "super food". Pizza, sandwiches, and soups. Because you can put nearly anything on a pizza, make a sandwich with almost anything, and there are plenty of soup recipes. You can take one of those cheap $1 pizzas, add artichokes, spinach, black olives, whatever you want to it. It's all about the calories. The cleaner the better though. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Thanks 1

Can't judge people who are obese as I used to be obese myself.  I would binge on Belgian chocolate fudge cakes, pizzas, and tons of cheese.  My health was so bad that I had trouble breathing and a sharp pain in my heart and difficulty sleeping.  I knew my health was getting bad, but I did not realize I was obese until I went to my regular cinema and had trouble squeezing into the seat.  That was embarrassing!  So I had enough and I took a photo of myself and swore I would never get back into that state again, and like a light switch I just jumped onto a nutritional diet, went jogging in the mornings and lifted weights in the evenings.  Glad to say I burned off most of that annoying fat away within 4 months.  The trick is to persevere and never stop trying, and treating each new day as another step in the right direction.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

All of them! :o

:rofl:

Krav Maga got a lot of crap lately actually that vid cracked me up cause the techniques shown are so funny :-) it's not even krav maga 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Can't judge people who are obese as I used to be obese myself.  I would binge on Belgian chocolate fudge cakes, pizzas, and tons of cheese.  My health was so bad that I had trouble breathing and a sharp pain in my heart and difficulty sleeping.  I knew my health was getting bad, but I did not realize I was obese until I went to my regular cinema and had trouble squeezing into the seat.  That was embarrassing!  So I had enough and I took a photo of myself and swore I would never get back into that state again, and like a light switch I just jumped onto a nutritional diet, went jogging in the mornings and lifted weights in the evenings.  Glad to say I burned off most of that annoying fat away within 4 months.  The trick is to persevere and never stop trying, and treating each new day as another step in the right direction.

Congrats.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

Krav Maga got a lot of crap lately actually that vid cracked me up cause the techniques shown are so funny :-) it's not even krav maga 

Just like Tang Soo. Americans ruined it. :lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Okay here are my "super food". Pizza, sandwiches, and soups. Because you can put nearly anything on a pizza, make a sandwich with almost anything, and there are plenty of soup recipes. You can take one of those cheap $1 pizzas, add artichokes, spinach, black olives, whatever you want to it. It's all about the calories. The cleaner the better though. 

I use to make "whole meal healthy" pizzas using my own homemade sauce and good cheeses. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I use to make "whole meal healthy" pizzas using my own homemade sauce and good cheeses. 

"Dad we don't want a salad."
"Okay"

*Makes a pizza with a salad on it*

"Wow, this is good"

Yeah little did they know I used our smoothie maker to mix the pizza sauce with the salad. Real good pepperoni pizza.:devil:

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sheltie said:

In all fairness, healthy foods usually are a little more expensive than processed foods.  Still not a good excuse for eating poorly, though.  

Ill health is more expensive than being healthy in the long run.

Lack of money ia an excuse for their laziness, if someone were poor, its is unlikely they will be buying enough cheap food to become fat.

People can buy packet food or buy take aways  for different reasons, they do not all become obese, but those are too lazy to cook and take care of themselves will become obese.

I know people who live off ready meals, but they are not obese.

I know people who buy cheaper foods, they are not obese either.

The whole process foods are cheaper to buy, that is why they are obese is a ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with eating a pizza,  but adding fatty drinks and crisps between meaks is not the way to stay slim and healthy, especially if they do not exercise.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Just like Tang Soo. Americans ruined it. :lol:

The problem is that not so serious people try to cash in on the trend by opening up a studio and then call it "krav maga. "  then there's another problem some systems are better than others in Krav Maga. the system we were tought the is the same KM as they teach the Swedish army. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

Pizza with sawdust ;-)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1