Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sheltie

"If you aren't obese you're privileged & evil"

176 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

LightAngel

If people don't fix the underlying reasons for their addictions then they will just replace one addiction with another.

That's why I find it very important to help people find their inner peace.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Susanc241

There is also some research that has found that if you eat all your meals within a window of about 10 hours, thus having a longer 'fast' between last meal of the day and breakfast, you are better able to control your weight.  I think the length of the fast should be 12 hours or more, 14 being even better.  There was a TV prog here where it was explained.  A Dr Michael Mosley prog, probably.  That means no more late night snacks unless you don’t eat again before lunchtime the next day!! <_<

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
3 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

There is also some research that has found that if you eat all your meals within a window of about 10 hours, thus having a longer 'fast' between last meal of the day and breakfast, you are better able to control your weight.  I think the length of the fast should be 12 hours or more, 14 being even better.  There was a TV prog here where it was explained.  A Dr Michael Mosley prog, probably.  That means no more late night snacks unless you don’t eat again before lunchtime the next day!! <_<

If you really think about it. Most meals are going to average around 400-1500+ calories. Not including calorie beverages. By removing one meal, calorie beverages, and snacks. You will lose weight. Plus adding something as like daily walking is enough. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you really think about it. Most meals are going to average around 400-1500+ calories. Not including calorie beverages. By removing one meal, calorie beverages, and snacks. You will lose weight. Plus adding something as like daily walking is enough. 

How are you eating 1500 kcal meals? No wonder you are obese, you are eating half a cattle at each setting lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
3 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

There is also some research that has found that if you eat all your meals within a window of about 10 hours, thus having a longer 'fast' between last meal of the day and breakfast, you are better able to control your weight.  I think the length of the fast should be 12 hours or more, 14 being even better.  There was a TV prog here where it was explained.  A Dr Michael Mosley prog, probably.  That means no more late night snacks unless you don’t eat again before lunchtime the next day!! <_<

Its a window of 5 hours and what is going on is the persons insulin levels drop for longer.

As stated, people do not burn fat until their insulin levels are low. Alternatively go low sugar low carb diets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
15 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

How are you eating 1500 kcal meals? No wonder you are obese, you are eating half a cattle at each setting lol.

You can't read can you. I eat once a day. Most of my body is muscle. Reread what I wrote and try to understand the words and context. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheltie

I posted this topic to draw attention to how society is changing regarding obesity.  If current trends continue, by 2030 the majority of adults in many US states will be dangerously obese:  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-obesity-us/fat-and-getting-fatter-u-s-obesity-rates-to-soar-by-2030-idUSBRE88H0RA20120918 

I was trying to put forth the idea that, more and more, US society is quietly changing to conform to the obese lifestyle and that healthy weight people are now the ones being ostracized.  I wasn't trying to start a thread about the latest weight loss fads.    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
39 minutes ago, Sheltie said:

I posted this topic to draw attention to how society is changing regarding obesity.  If current trends continue, by 2030 the majority of adults in many US states will be dangerously obese:  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-obesity-us/fat-and-getting-fatter-u-s-obesity-rates-to-soar-by-2030-idUSBRE88H0RA20120918 

I was trying to put forth the idea that, more and more, US society is quietly changing to conform to the obese lifestyle and that healthy weight people are now the ones being ostracized.  I wasn't trying to start a thread about the latest weight loss fads.    

 

That is how threads work. They evolve. It all comes down to lazy fat people wanting to feel good about themselves, and damned if anyone shows the slightest concern for their wellbeing. However considering how this topic evolved. Maybe just one obese person will choose to improve themselves.

Edited by XenoFish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
On 5/28/2019 at 4:38 AM, RabidMongoose said:

How are you eating 1500 kcal meals? No wonder you are obese, you are eating half a cattle at each setting lol.

Lots of grease, cheese, and salt.  All that fat ground up and shoved in there enhances flavor but it does have a cost.  1500 calories is not an uncommon restaurant meal at least in the US.  Restaurants don't care as long as you come back. Mores the pity.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 5/26/2019 at 9:53 PM, Dejarma said:

smokers (for example) pay tons of tax== if they have a health problem via their addiction then shouldn't they be first in line for treatment? hmmm, interesting;)

In a JUST society, I'd agree.  But we know that isn't the case.  You've touched upon a massive example of hypocrisy in the U.S.  All governments from local to state and Federal want a cut of the tax revenue from tobacco but simultaneously demonize smokers.  If Americans actually stopped en masse, we'd see wailing and gnashing of bureaucratic teeth over the loss of revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
On 28/05/2019 at 5:55 AM, XenoFish said:

You can't read can you. I eat once a day. Most of my body is muscle. Reread what I wrote and try to understand the words and context. 

It's funny that we have come full circle in terms of health. All the diet fads through the 60's and 70's, the supplement craze of the 80's and 90's and the various twists on the food pyramid throughout the years...

All the latest research shows that eating as close to to ancestors as possible yields the best results. Go figure! Less really is more - for a long time, we couldn't count on having 3 square meals every day so the body adapted to periods of starvation. The word "breakfast" is simply another way of saying "break the fast". So many health problems we experience today can be traced back to too much food, too often. The body was not designed to constantly be in a state of digestion. Fasting, even in small windows, has been shown to have incredible health benefits as fasting periods are necessary for the body to get rid of "junk" cells, damaged cells, there is a immune system boost, your organs get a break for once...

I was surprised at how many energy I had once I made very simple changes like not eating from 6 PM until at least 6 AM the next day. I feel less hungry, more alert. No more "brain fog" or lethargy in the afternoons. Once I started doing my cardio before breakfast, I got in to the best shape of my life. When you eat is almost more important than what you eat.

Edit to add--

I also experienced no loss in muscle mass. As long as I'm getting my nutrients (proteins, carbs, fats,) for the day, it's all good. I never want that bloated feeling again..yuck

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

I think my muscle mass has increased through less eating. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
10 hours ago, and then said:

In a JUST society, I'd agree.  But we know that isn't the case.  You've touched upon a massive example of hypocrisy in the U.S.  All governments from local to state and Federal want a cut of the tax revenue from tobacco but simultaneously demonize smokers.  If Americans actually stopped en masse, we'd see wailing and gnashing of bureaucratic teeth over the loss of revenue.

Leaving out any consideration for the smokers, as we can say it is their own fault in a free self-responsible society,  do we not pay for it later in the cost of Medicare and Medicaid and  other assistance?   Cost benefit analysis is in order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

It's funny that we have come full circle in terms of health. All the diet fads through the 60's and 70's, the supplement craze of the 80's and 90's and the various twists on the food pyramid throughout the years...

I think it was less study and more the desire to make money that went into those fads.  Its hard to make a financial  killing by telling people to eat basic low processed foods and develop habits that are good for their bodies.  Kellogg, Post, General Mills, Kraft and all of the fast food restaurants open until 2:00 AM sure don't want to hear that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
On 5/26/2019 at 3:43 PM, XenoFish said:

Because lets face it. A diet coke is always the solution.:rolleyes:

A diet coke a day will kill you faster than an extra 40 pounds kept for decades.  I think shaming of all kinds has to stop.  Some people don't have common sense (it isn't taught in school and some parents don't have it to teach their children), and shaming is part of that.  In the U.S. we live in a culture where shaming is used on children in school as if that will motivate them, but it has the opposite affect and the teachers who subscribe to that teaching method are on the bottom of the teacher food chain.  So, thin shaming is a knee jerk response to fat shaming.  How about we care about people as they are and if they need help provide the place and compassion for them to ask for it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
On 5/27/2019 at 9:35 PM, LightAngel said:

If people don't fix the underlying reasons for their addictions then they will just replace one addiction with another.

That's why I find it very important to help people find their inner peace.

 

Yep, my drug addict cousin always went back to the mormon church when she wanted to get clean and we had to hear over and over her expressions of gratitude and adoration for "Holy Father".  (the other mormon relatives never talked like that, but I assume it had to do with the battle of her addictions), so she had two favorite addictions, speed and "Holy Father".  And no one can really help an addict until they want help.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

A diet coke a day will kill you faster than an extra 40 pounds kept for decades.  I think shaming of all kinds has to stop.  Some people don't have common sense (it isn't taught in school and some parents don't have it to teach their children), and shaming is part of that.  In the U.S. we live in a culture where shaming is used on children in school as if that will motivate them, but it has the opposite affect and the teachers who subscribe to that teaching method are on the bottom of the teacher food chain.  So, thin shaming is a knee jerk response to fat shaming.  How about we care about people as they are and if they need help provide the place and compassion for them to ask for it. 

How about we just quit caring about everything, no exceptions. See someone dying on the sidewalk, keep walking. A company is dumping chemical waste in the water, pfft who cares. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth

What really irks me is those that complain about it yet they don't do anything for it. These people speak about Fat Shaming,  well have they tried making the effort? and what is ironic is when they do then these people accuse them of thin privilege. So its like either way they cannot win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
41 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

What really irks me is those that complain about it yet they don't do anything for it. These people speak about Fat Shaming,  well have they tried making the effort? and what is ironic is when they do then these people accuse them of thin privilege. So its like either way they cannot win.

You can win, by not caring what people think. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew

I'm safe. Even after losing almost 50lbs in the last 5 months.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightAngel
On 30.5.2019 at 8:44 PM, Desertrat56 said:

 I think shaming of all kinds has to stop.  Some people don't have common sense (it isn't taught in school and some parents don't have it to teach their children), and shaming is part of that.  In the U.S. we live in a culture where shaming is used on children in school as if that will motivate them, but it has the opposite affect and the teachers who subscribe to that teaching method are on the bottom of the teacher food chain.  So, thin shaming is a knee jerk response to fat shaming.  How about we care about people as they are and if they need help provide the place and compassion for them to ask for it. 

 

Exactly!

A good mix of left brain and right brain chemistry show strategic thinking and emotional intelligence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alchopwn
3 hours ago, LightAngel said:

 

Exactly!

A good mix of left brain and right brain chemistry show strategic thinking and emotional intelligence.

But shaming people is so much easier and more edifying.  How do you stop an addiction like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
2 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

But shaming people is so much easier and more edifying.  How do you stop an addiction like that?

If  fat person feels shame for being shamed, then they are not content with being a fat person. Perhaps the shame they feel might motivate them to improve themselves. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
On 5/27/2019 at 11:35 PM, LightAngel said:

That's why I find it very important to help people find their inner peace.

You mean complacency. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

I can see how it could be viewed as "thin privilege" to people who gain weight walking through the bakery, when they see folks who can eat anything they want and never gain an ounce.

Just like it's "attractive privilege" when you're cute, or it's "wealth privilege" when you've got money. 

It's "youth privilege" when you're young. 

It doesn't mean others are responsible for it, but they do have an advantage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.