Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts spotted at Norfolk theatre?

Eldorado

"Mr Johnson, 51, from Caister, admitted he wasn't sure what the shadow figures were but has described them as "unexplained paranormal activity".

""I haven't got a clue what they are but it definitely isn't the shadow of people because you would have seen somebody walk in front of the window," he said.

""It is really exciting and we want to go back again to explore the building further.

"At the minute it remains unexplained.""

Full report and video at the Eastern Daily Press (UK): https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/ghosts-at-st-george-s-theatre-1-6068279

At YouTube (43secs) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x62n9LtM7p8

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Entities seem to like theaters. I've seen a pattern of this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Glass REFLECTs too, Mr Johnson...  They may not be shadows.

Those figures, if real (it would be easy to edit such shapes in..), could simply be reflections of some people just out of shot to the left, in the same room containing the camera.  If we believe the time stamp, it's ~10:40 pm, and given the lights are on (Why?  just for the camera?), one might simply assume there could be people about from an event/film screening, or after it, tidying up..

If 'Ghost Hunters in Great Yarmouth' (who will hopefully google this and join up...) were decent investigators, we would surely have a lot more information about what was going on in that room on that evening, and also some comparison imagery showing what happens when people are moving about as described above, under identical lighting conditions...

I'll be delighted (and surprised) if they do actually follow up, and use proper techniques to eliminate the mundane.  If they need help to do that, I'm available as a consultant at no cost - I gave a preliminary hint above as to what needed to be done...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

If 'Ghost Hunters in Great Yarmouth' (who will hopefully google this and join up...) were decent investigators, we would surely have a lot more information about what was going on in that room on that evening, and also some comparison imagery showing what happens when people are moving about as described above, under identical lighting conditions...

They may well have  been 'decent investigators' and did diligently investigate/consider the possibilities you mentioned. All we got is a glossy news article without details. I tend to give people's intelligence a fairer shake than most around here. Usually claimants have considered the easy explanations themselves. 

My suspicion is that they feel they can debunk the possibilities you gave.

Edited by papageorge1

Pretty sure we need more information or a different angle because from what I'm seeing those 'shadow figures' are blatantly obvious reflections in the lower glass windows. There are people walking near the southeast (behind and to the left) of the camera at just the right angle to capture in the glass.

I'm all for unexplainable paranormal stuff, but this certainly isn't it. :huh:

• Like 2

Claimants do not consider peoples intelligence, in general. They know beyond a doubt that many will believe even the most ridiculous videos out there. A simple search on youtube will show that.

• Like 2

hum, I see some window reflections, it's all what we can see on the video or I missed something? Always excited about ghost video but it just bring deception... :(

Edited by Jon the frog

Clearly reflections, there you go explained and certainly not paranormal. If you look athe space beyond the window it is possible to see flesh coloured people in black uniforms dashing about, probably tiding up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

They may well have  been 'decent investigators'

No. It's already explained in the article they were 'paranormal investigators'. Opposite ends of the spectrum.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Hahahaha!!!

What is this?

Fast-running ghosts?

Hahahaha!!!

Sooooo, uh, FAKE, in my opinion anyway.

5 hours ago, Unfortunately said:

I'm all for unexplainable paranormal stuff, but this certainly isn't it. :huh:

'certainly', eh?? 

Are you saying we should assume with 'certainty' and almost literally that these investigators are people 'afraid of their own shadows'?

I tend to give investigators credit for at least normal debunking intelligence. But some obviously prefer to wash their hands quickly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stiff said:

No. It's already explained in the article they were 'paranormal investigators'. Opposite ends of the spectrum.

We all know the cynic's mantra that paranormal investigators are gullible fools or worse yet in on the scams.

That is, until you actually hear the many intelligent ones explain themselves!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

We all know the cynic's mantra that paranormal investigators are gullible fools or worse yet in on the scams.

the reason most see them that way is because they are that way...intelligent ones?

list names....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stiff said:

tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

Apparently you have nothing of substance to contribute to the forum. It might be time to find another hobby?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Apparently you have nothing of substance to contribute to the forum. It might be time to find another hobby?

a70d424540b6d740599a6ff2542da84f.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

pg, rude, very rude to try to dictate what hobby a person has, you are sounding like a control freak, and btw, stiff contributes far more posts of substance than you ever have....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Wow guys, a couple of windows reflections seem to be able to cause a riot on this forum ! Probably the video contain a psychic attack !

• Like 3

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

'certainly', eh?? 

Are you saying we should assume with 'certainty' and almost literally that these investigators are people 'afraid of their own shadows'?

I tend to give investigators credit for at least normal debunking intelligence. But some obviously prefer to wash their hands quickly.

If they had been at all experienced with paranormal investigation they would have set up multiple cameras, one covering the hall on the opposite side of the glass. Convenient that they didn't have any other cameras and just happened to be at a perfect angle to capture what is clearly a reflection on the glass.

These 'paranormal investigators' need to go back to the drawing board. If there is more footage from multiple angles showing the same thing I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Unfortunately said:

If they had been at all experienced with paranormal investigation they would have set up multiple cameras, one covering the hall on the opposite side of the glass. Convenient that they didn't have any other cameras and just happened to be at a perfect angle to capture what is clearly a reflection on the glass.

These 'paranormal investigators' need to go back to the drawing board. If there is more footage from multiple angles showing the same thing I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

My point was that you don’t know what/if they did to rule out the simple explanations. We just have a glossy news eye catcher article from some news agency without any details.

i usually find the investigators to be much much sharper than cynics want to claim. Why do you assume they are bad? Cynics carp first without knowledge.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I too wondered why they only had one camera, and also why the lights were on. In the article it states they used many cameras, but it is not clear if more than one was used in these rooms. A simple statement from the investigators about their methods should clear up any misunderstanding.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, khazarkhum said:

I too wondered why they only had one camera, and also why the lights were on. In the article it states they used many cameras, but it is not clear if more than one was used in these rooms. A simple statement from the investigators about their methods should clear up any misunderstanding.

Ya but, they didn’t write the article nor submit it to this forum.  So they can not be fairly criticized for any detail omission. Right? That’s been my point .

• Like 3

Without other cameras to show the other angles, this video is crap. It just looks like reflections of people in other parts of the building.

Like someone else said, It's just more of the usual "claim whatever, morons will eat it up" schtick all over YouTube.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My point was that you don’t know what/if they did to rule out the simple explanations. We just have a glossy news eye catcher article from some news agency without any details.

i usually find the investigators to be much much sharper than cynics want to claim. Why do you assume they are bad? Cynics carp first without knowledge.

What? Did you even read my posts? Here, I'll quote myself:

19 hours ago, Unfortunately said:

Pretty sure we need more information or a different angle...

8 hours ago, Unfortunately said:

If there is more footage from multiple angles showing the same thing I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

Now. Where is the other footage showing the paranormal investigators going through the usual debunking tactics? You should never do that part off-camera, even amateurs know this. 

My point is that if one goes by the footage provided in this article one can see what are obviously reflections. This particular clip is not 'paranormal' it's entirely normal (until such a time as other supportive evidence is located).

Edited by Unfortunately
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Ya but, they didn’t write the article nor submit it to this forum.  So they can not be fairly criticized for any detail omission. Right? That’s been my point .

Also, point taken, but it's difficult to believe that if there was other footage it wouldn't be included as a URL in the article at the very least. The chosen clip is very poor without supportive material.

• Like 1