Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Navy pilots report unexplained flying objects

WASHINGTON — The strange objects, one of them like a spinning top moving against the wind, appeared almost daily from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, high in the skies over the East coast. Navy pilots reported to their superiors that the objects had no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes but that they could reach 30,000 feet and hypersonic speeds.

Story link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wow-what-is-that-navy-pilots-report-unexplained-flying-objects/ar-AABXltD

• Like 8

Good to see you around! :yes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I find this intriguing, and have been playing with the idea in my mind this morning that they could be being launched by foreign subs and controlled from there, though they would be large for that. Anyone else want to play the mental game with me and explore that hypothesis? Would it be possible? I am limiting the game for myself for these sightings along the Atlantic coast, as reported. Are they too big for that to be a plausible guess?

Love seeing you here, Sakari.  I'd miss you but I know you are enjoying life, which is more important by far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After a radar and tracking upgrade, on some F18 Hornet's, these things started showing up on the upgraded systems. Could just be a glitch in the new upgrade. But they did film something. What that something is hasn't been determined.

• Like 4

Another serious article on UFOs in the New York Times. Interesting! The most intriguing report was that of an obviously structured object flying between two Navy planes in close formation. It was described as a sphere with a cube inside it. Other objects reportedly made instantaneous stops, very sharp turns, and departed at  hypersonic speed.

Edited by bison
  • Like 3

are there pics?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

are there pics?

It’s also problematic that the OP article quotes the pilots from the ‘Go fast’ clip from TTSA...

Haven't read the whole article yet, but that’s a big red flag for me!

Edit:

Edited by Timothy
Added the video.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

Numerous Navy personnel come forward:

What is new in this 30 minute video? Anything or is this just a rehash of old stories?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stereologist said:

What is new in this 30 minute video? Anything or is this just a rehash of old stories?

I’d imagine that Tom Delonge and TTSA would be all over it if there was anything new. 

I’m sure that they’ve saved the best BS for their History Channel ‘documentary’ airing today.

• Confused 1

It's only the Navy quietly giving small amounts of disclosure now that they went public with their latest anti-gravity patent. Nothing to see here, folks.

So let me get this straight, all of those incidents (an implication of hundreds), but only two pilots are named, and the only footage is a long debunked video that was originally dragged up by deLonge, and most likely shows a large seabird or drifting balloon, certainly not at 30,000ft or even at high speed (that particular video has been analysed by experts, and it shows nothing of note whatsoever, no matter how daft the added commnetary is.  And then delonge's BF Luis Elizondo's pretend investigatory department is another source?

Mmhmm.  Junior reporter and incompetent Air Force, I'd have to observe - why don't they *record* the incidents?  I'm betting that some of this was glitchy systems, and I'll bet even more there are nowhere near the 'hundreds' of incidents claimed let alone examinable reports.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Here is a write up on this very topic that I just read.

https://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/pentagon-ufos-to-the-stars-academy-ttsa-ufo-media-frenzy

Fravor is mentioned in the article because he was a speaker at a UFO conference in Oregon. He refers to the video posted in #10

Fravor sharply criticized the accounts of certain other people who were involved and have been speaking about the incident. He seemed to be singling out the account of the radar operator, Kevin Day, as being non-factual. He dismissed claims of Air Force personnel coming on board the Nimitz and confiscating evidence as being untrue. Fravor also referred to Dave Beaty’s “Nimitz UFO Encounters” documentary as a “cartoon.” This prompted Knapp to say to Fravor, “I guess you’re being diplomatic, but some of the stories and claims that have been made by people, who may have been on those ships, are just bull****.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I gather reading is not important. Someone just laughed at the darling of the Nimitz incident, Captain Fravor.

Posting what Fravor has to say seems to be discredited by some posters. No reason was given for laughing at Fravor's statements.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:32 PM, Scudbuster said:

Numerous Navy personnel come forward:

I really like this reenactment INFOMERCIAL. It must have cost the USN some money. And one must ask themselves,,, why?  It is clear that the US government is inculcating us to embrace Ufology. And I believe that is because they are slowly leading up to full disclosure. I've been saying that in UM for 5-6 years now.  Anyway, here are some of my favorite bits in this vid:

tic tacs going from 28000 down to 50 feet in 0.78 seconds!!,  NO SONIC BOOMS.  Day said of the event, the sky rained UFOs. Also, the USS Princeton directed two jets to go to a certain area where there was an object under the water. When the jets got there, the pilots saw the object just under the surface. It was as big as a B787.  Then a tic tac came into the picture and performed aerobatics that were quite remarked. The guys in the AWACS also had visuals on the tic tacs and it left a couple of the crew quite shaken.

Then in the end, some "men" (they don't know who they were) arrived by helicopter on to the Nimitz to confiscate the tapes that the pilots had. The pilots were amazed at how fast the men got to the Nimitz. The men told the personnel that "this event never happened" and the personnel were told to sign non disclosure forms.  

But 15 years later, they make a mini documentary out of it LOL!!   What is going on!?  :su

• Haha 3

On 6/7/2019 at 5:53 AM, stereologist said:

I gather reading is not important. Someone just laughed at the darling of the Nimitz incident, Captain Fravor.

Posting what Fravor has to say seems to be discredited by some posters. No reason was given for laughing at Fravor's statements.

ive noticed some types here will just post the laugh face when they have been called out and look ridiculous for saying something assinine and have no rejoinder or proof of their claims,

i reserve clicking the laugh for the types who  look ridiculous for saying something assinine or something just humorous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As I said in another thread this is nothing that could not have been done 60 or 70 tears ago if they would have had the ability to shoot documentaries...Here we are 15 years after the fact discussing pilot sightings (military) that's been going on since and before Roswell. And where does Elizondo think he fits into this? He had absolutely zilch to do with AATIP! Christopher Sherwood in a response to Roger Glassel wrote this memo to Glassel:

D8P7O1PUIAAqVpk.jpg

But if you dig deeper a spokes person for TTSA wrote this:

3-28-2019-5-02-51-AM.png

The above was a message sent to John Greenewald of the Black Vault. Which totally contradicts Sherwood's memo to Glassel.

http://ufotrail.blogspot.com

The above is a very good in depth article on it which is where I got the above information.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

And where does Elizondo think he fits into this? He had absolutely zilch to do with AATIP!

Indeed.  As I posted on another thread:

BTW, it's worth (re-)noting that Elizondo/delonge have been busted lying about the videos - one of them is NOT related in any way to the story they keep 'attaching' to it.  And neither video has that promised full provenance - this could be footage from testing the equipment on birds/drones/etc, and they also may have later-added documentary.  The audio on one is suspiciously devoid of the type of language and knowledge that would be used by anyone competent in the use of this type of equipment.  And of course the IR imagery shown does not show anything anomalous anyway - that is what aircraft/birds/drones look like when filmed on FLIR systems.

The footage only looks odd to those unfamiliar with the systems.  Ie, Tom Delonge, Luis Elizondo and anyone else who may be on their incompetent, scamming, team.

I recall a couple of UM members were proudly reporting that they had donated funds to "To The Stars", at the time that Elizondo was:
- falsely claiming he worked at AATIP
- falsely claiming he had provenance for the videos
- falsely claiming his team had expertise on FLIR systems
I wonder what they are now thinking about their 'investment'.. what's that proverb..? something about money being easily parted...

:D

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Alien Origins… you approach the subject matter from a completely different angle. Interesting but not the most  significant critique, IMO

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@Alien Origins… you approach the subject matter from a completely different angle. Interesting but not the most  significant critique, IMO

I am not writing a research paper this is a forum. My methods maybe crude but they work for me..Some times it's better to say less than too much...I don't have all this stuff stored on my computer but I am starting to build a file for it eventually. And apparently you missed the point of my post. And that was to point out that Elizondo had not a damn thing to do with AATIP...

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 5

@Alien Origins

18 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

What further critique do you need...? I am not writing a research paper this is a forum.

There is nothing wrong with what you wrote. And altho that contradiction between the two that you point out is somewhat important, I think that - by far, the most important aspect to the video is the reason as to why Big Gov wants to alter how people think about Ufology. It's an opinion thing, and that's mine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@Alien Origins

There is nothing wrong with what you wrote. And altho that contradiction between the two that you point out is somewhat important, I think that - by far, the most important aspect to the video is the reason as to why Big Gov wants to alter how people think about Ufology. It's an opinion thing, and that's mine.

It's an opinion thing, and that's mine.

Well we all have an opinion there is nothing wrong with that...:)

• Like 4

Yes, UFOs are real, people all over the world have always seen things they can not explain. In lakes, the woods and in the sky. As the woods became familiar the trolls "died out" and there are not as many people that still believe in sea monsters as in the old days.

UFOs, some of them act and look strange enough, but I just dont se the evidence that any of them are of extraterrestrial origin. They merely describe objects observed which defy indentification based upon standards which we know regarding aerodynamic performance or characteristics. It clearly makes no reference to aliens, (thats a conclusion made by believers) and it clearly states exactly what I said. UFOs are observed unidentified flying objects. There is nothing else attached to them.

Evidence is not something you can observe. That is called an observation. Evidence is the establishment of a proof based upon the observation, a proof accepted by the scientific method. I am dealing in science, not absolutes. One can only truly deal with what is known. If you wish to speculate, fine, mind what you read, and what is actually being said, rather than what your attachment to an ideal is hearing.

The acronym UFO has unfortunately become erroneously associated with extraterrestrial craft, but that has been a device utilized by people with a penchant for believing that were being visited. It is not in any way a scientific or official use of the term.

What REAL evidence is there that extraterrestrials have found Earth?

Zero.

At this time we dont even know for sure that there are any other forms of life anywere in the entire universe. We suspect, hope and believe that there is, but we have no credible real scientific proof.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Hazzard said:

At this time we dont even know for sure that there are any other forms of life anywere in the entire universe

Brilliant!  Nor can anyone ascertain that there are no life forms anywhere else in the universe.  So basically, all you have done in your above is shade the status quo in a certain direction.
Thanks for the propaganda

• Confused 1