Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A night-time encounter

UM-Bot

By: Walker | Location: Missouri

Recently some weird things have started happening around my house. I'm 17, and live with my parents. They live upstairs, and I have the basement to myself. 3 nights ago I woke up after midnight, which isn't uncommon because I don't sleep well.

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112226/a-night-time-encounter

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Where's the sock that's wet with black goo you stepped on?
What did it smell like?

• 1 month later...

Were you possibly still half asleep enough to be dreaming? Was anything on your sock the next day? Does the storage room still stink?

The pest control set out poison at work. 2 mice died in the ceiling. It smelled terrible for 2 days, until I got back from vacation & got them out. Could it have been something like that?

• 7 months later...

It's possible, I was dreaming, but I checked the sock and there was a nasty black/brown crust on it. I thoroughly avoided the storage room all day, and it did smell terrible then too. The smell faded over time, and I never found the source. Sorry taking damn near a year to come back to this, life has been busy and strange lately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walker R. said:

It's possible, I was dreaming, but I checked the sock and there was a nasty black/brown crust on it. I thoroughly avoided the storage room all day, and it did smell terrible then too. The smell faded over time, and I never found the source. Sorry taking damn near a year to come back to this, life has been busy and strange lately. 

Just wondering if you have had anything else happened recently since this incident or has it been just this single event?

I recently had problems with my drain in our basement that had black stuff coming up out of it I am wondering if there is a drain close by the area of the spot you stepped in?