Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elohim is the original Hebrew name for God. It means "the transsexual god". The god who has two genders.

In Genesis the transsexual God said:

Let us make humans in our image, so they look like us.

US! Not "me", but us!

Besides, "Elohim" is plural, so "one God" fails from the beginning.

Is anything in the Abrahamic religions coherent?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Elohim is the original Hebrew name for God. It means "the transsexual god". The god who has two genders.

US! Not "me", but us!

No.  Too many translations and manipulations.  It might have been coherent 6000 years ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

El Ohim, God of Hosts. Another term for El Shaddai combining him and his wife Asherah. It was then combined with Yahweh who had different origins to create Adonai. Their "One God" 

During the Greco-Roman Period Asherah became God's feminine aspect, whose sacred animal was a dove and she evolved into the Holy Spirit. 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Wait a second.....

I have a god?

In Hindu belief, there is a version of Shive depicted as half man, half woman, know as Ardhanari Shiva, the "Lord who is half Woman".

• Like 7

No, it doesn't. It means "children of El", El being the chief deity of the Canaanite Pantheon.

cormac

• Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Wait a second.....

I have a god?

In Hindu belief, there is a version of Shive depicted as half man, half woman, know as Ardhanari Shiva, the "Lord who is half Woman".

A lot of the deities that are hermaphrodite represent our duel nature. Light/dark, good/evil, soft/strong. The male and female aspect of our personas. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

US! Not "me", but us!

I am pretty sure it means Children of El.

Ell was the last surviving God after all the tribes in the region were either destroyed, assimilated into Canaanite tribe or their idols were taken and destroyed. Then of course the Syrians took over and just so happened the odd few tribes still had their Idols.....thus the Jewish God stuck around. It probably also is the reason why there are a number of names for God, these are probably related to the Idols of other tribe's. 

Edit: @cormac mac airt beat me to it.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

US! Not "me", but us!

There are different information on this subject and not all the facts may look slim so just this information:

- This is more simply the Hierarchy of Archangels.

- The Hebrew Elohim, called “God,” who create “Light,” are identical with the Aryan Asuras. They are also referred to as the “Sons of Darkness”, as a philosophical and logical opposition to the Unchanging and Eternal Light.

-Elohim of Seven, be they the forces of nature, the gods of the constellations or the planetary gods.

In the Egyptian Gnostics, namely, Thoth (Hermes) was the head of the Seven. Their names are given by Origen, like Adonai (Sun), Iao (Moon), Eloy (Jupiter), Sabao (Mars), Orey (Venus), Astafei (Mercury) and, finally, Ildabaof (Saturn)

-In Phoenician mythology, Elohim are the Seven Sons of Sidik (Melchizedek), identical with the Seven Kabirs, which in Egypt are considered the Seven Sons of Ptah, and the Seven Spirits of Ra in the Book of the Dead; ... in America with seven Hochgats, ... in Assyria with seven Lumasas.

-The Elohim are not “God,” not even the higher Planetary Spirits, but the Architects of this visible physical planet and the human material body, or shell.

“Let's make a man in our image and likeness”, then there were seven of them, which represented the seven elements, forces, or souls, which began to create a human being, which began to exist before the Creator was presented anthropomorphically, or could bestow human resemblance to the Adamic man Namely, in the sevenfold likeness of the Elohim, man was first created with his seven elements, principles, or souls, and therefore he could not be formed in the likeness of the one God. Seven Gnostic Elohims tried to create a man in their own image, but failed due to the lack of male power. Thus, their creation on earth and in heaven turned into failure ... because they themselves lacked the soul of fatherhood! When the gnostic Ildabaof, the head of the Seven, exclaimed: "I am a father and God," his mother Sophia (Ashamot) replied: "Do not lie, Ildaobaof, for the first person (Antropos, son of Antropos) is higher than you." That is, the man who was now created in the image of fatherhood, was above the gods, which originated only from one Mother-Parent! For, as it was first on earth, it was subsequently in heaven, and thus the original gods were considered soulless, like the earliest races of men ... The Gnostics taught that the Spirits of Evil, the lower Seven, were descended only from one great Mother, which produced without fatherhood! It was in the image of the sevenfold Elohim that seven races were formed, which we sometimes hear about as the pre-Adamic races of humanity, as they were earlier than fatherhood occurred, which was individualized only in the second Jewish Creation.

If we turn to the cosmogony of Hinduism, we will find in them references to Parabrahman and Mulaprakriti, and the last is a kind of cover, or aspect, of Parabrahman in the invisible Universe. Mulaprakriti means the First Cause of Nature or Matter but Parabrahman cannot be called the "First Cause", as it is the Absolute Groundless Cause of everything. Thus, one should begin with Mulaprakriti, or Cover, of that which cannot be comprehended. Again, the Mother Goddess appears first in the foreground of Matter as a reflection, or a subjective reason. Then, the unmanifest Logos comes from it (or rather, resides in it), which, at the same time, being its Son and Spouse, is called the “Hidden Father”. From Them comes the first manifested Logos, or Spirit, and the Son, distinguishing the Seven Logos from its substance, whose synthesis, considered as one collective power, becomes the Architect of the Visible Universe. This is the Elohim of the Jews.

Another important information about the creator Ildabaof here:

11 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

No, it doesn't. It means "children of El", El being the chief deity of the Canaanite Pantheon.

cormac

I looked it up three different places, and they all say: The god who is both male and female.

Show me your sources! :) (You too @danydandan)

Edited by sci-nerd

50 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I looked it up three different places, and they all say: The god who is both male and female.

Dan Carlin did a whole podcast on it citing loads and loads of sources. 

It's a brilliant podcast. There are two other episodes on the topic of Syria, but the topic of this thread appears in this episode. As far as I recall.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/gfp/gfp012.htm

The word is identical to the usual plural of el, meaning gods or magistrates, and is cognate to the 'l-h-m found in Ugaritic, where it is used for the pantheon of Canaanite gods, the children of El, and conventionally vocalized as "Elohim". 

Wikipedia states the above.

Obviously it appears to have more than one meaning associated with the word. 

Edited by danydandan
  • Thanks 3

Whitley Streiber has talked about being targeted as well, it is not psychics but rather people who have information someone does not want to get out.

P.S. the CIA is not supposed to operate inside our borders, so it is most likely not the CIA targeting people in the U.S.

Edited by Desertrat56
P.S.

17 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Whitley Streiber has talked about being targeted as well, it is not psychics but rather people who have information someone does not want to get out.

P.S. the CIA is not supposed to operate inside our borders, so it is most likely not the CIA targeting people in the U.S.

Um, did you mean to post this in this topic? Or somewhere else?

28 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim

https://worldhistory.us/ancient-history/ancient-near-east/el-and-the-elohim.php

Source:  Yahweh and the Gods and Goddesses of Canaan ( John Day)

Elohim is actually the plural of El/Eloah which was the Chief deity of the Canaanite pantheon. Yahweh wasn’t even Canaanite in origin but was actually Midianite. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Dan Carlin did a whole podcast on it citing loads and loads of sources. 

It's a brilliant podcast. There are two other episodes on the topic of Syria, but the topic of this thread appears in this episode. As far as I recall.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/gfp/gfp012.htm

Wikipedia states the above.

Obviously it appears to have more than one meaning associated with the word. 

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim

https://worldhistory.us/ancient-history/ancient-near-east/el-and-the-elohim.php

Source:  Yahweh and the Gods and Goddesses of Canaan ( John Day)

Elohim is actually the plural of El/Eloah which was the Chief deity of the Canaanite pantheon. Yahweh wasn’t even Canaanite in origin but was actually Midianite. 

cormac

It seems that Elohim is very versatile :D

18 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

It seems that Elohim is very versatile :D

In the OP you could replace Elohim with Heavenly Host and it would mean the same thing. Early Hebrew religion was monolatrist and NOT monotheist. 

Your transsexual deity doesn’t exist in either the Canaanite or Midianite pantheons. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Um, did you mean to post this in this topic? Or somewhere else?

:P  Oops.  I did mean to post this in another thread.  Not sure how I did this.  Another example of multi-tasking making me stupid.

Edited by Desertrat56

6 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Show us your sources, please, por favor, sil vous plait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

It's in Danish, so good luck verifying them...

https://www.biblen.info/To-guder.htm

Den ene gud kaldes El, Elohe eller Elohim. Dette kan oversættes med "guderne og gudinderne" eller "guden med mandlige og kvindelige attributter".

https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skabelsesberetningen_i_Bibelen#Den_yngre_skabelsesberetning

men en mere bogstavelig oversættelse ville være "guderne og gudinderne" eller "guden med mandlige og kvindelige attributter". 

The third source I had refuses to show up in google. I don't know why. Can't find it anymore.

Here's an english one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_of_God_in_Judaism#Biblical_perspectives

Genesis 1:26-27 says that the elohim were male and female, and humans were made in their image.

I've updated this post a few times, @Jodie.Lynne, so if you read it already, please read again ;-)

Edited by sci-nerd

2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Ya have to buy me a drink ( or 4) first! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's in Danish, so good luck verifying them...

https://www.biblen.info/To-guder.htm

https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skabelsesberetningen_i_Bibelen#Den_yngre_skabelsesberetning

The third source I had refuses to show up in google. I don't know why. Can't find it anymore.

Here's an english one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_of_God_in_Judaism#Biblical_perspectives

I've updated this post a few times, @Jodie.Lynne, so if you read it already, please read again ;-)

I looked at the last, English language link. 

This is the very first sentence of the Wikipedia link you shared:

Although the Gender of God in Judaism is referred to in the Tanakh with masculine imagery and grammatical forms, traditional Jewish philosophy does not attribute the concept of sex to God.

Soooooo how does that relate to the Hebrew god being Hermaphroditic?

• Thanks 4

On 29/05/2019 at 10:27 AM, XenoFish said:

Maybe it wasn't a single god? 

Maybe it wasn't God at all!

I came across this paper while reading about @sci-nerd's thread on Satan.

https://scholar.dominican.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1066&context=senior-theses

In tracing the development of 'satan' - from verb to manifestation - it is pointed out that Genesis was written much later than the rest of the Torah.  In the second account of creation we see the manifestation of temptation in the form of the serpent.  Perhaps the serpent is representative of but one part of the Elohim that forms or influences man; similar to how Angra Mainyu and Spenta Mainyu represent good and evil forces.  Maybe it's a manifestation of the 10 to 613 commandments.

• Thanks 1

On 30.5.2019 at 3:54 AM, Jodie.Lynne said:

Soooooo how does that relate to the Hebrew god being Hermaphroditic?

This thread isn't about traditional Jewish philosophy, but about the origin of the Hebrew(?) deity/deities "Elohim", that eventually lead to Judaism.