Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Very limited support for Indiana Abortion Law

and-then

17 minutes ago, and then said:

Not that I've heard.  He was charged because of privacy laws.  As you might imagine, they were a TAD upset that they were exposed in such an enterprise.

As I'm reading up, they posted edited videos which caused 12 states to open investigations.  None of which found any wrongdoing.  They should have to reimburse the states for the costs of the investigations.  All of the states found Planned Parenthood to be operating within Federal guidelines.  You also posted a link saying documents prove it...but again, nothing from the Republican controlled House and Senate (at that time) saying any wrongdoing was committed.  You're probably still boycotting Comet Ping Pong too, huh?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

It places another undue financial burden on women seeking a legal and safe abortion. It also forces women to view a fetus as having personhood which it does not despite the anti choice side attempt to make that distinction. The issue is two fold, some women choose to donate fetal tissue for medical study and use which anti choice propaganda has been made to look unseemly when in fact it's a valid and useful research tool with many applications for possible cures via stem cell research etc. Secondly the attempt to force personhood as a means of a punishing women for seeking abortion is a tactic, making what is at best in most abortion cases a tiny not very developed fetus be treated as a full human being solely to attach shame and with it the added cost of burial or cremation. It's an artificial stance that a woman choosing to terminate is forced to do now by the state for no other reason that being punitive. There is no reason to give a fetus a funeral against a woman's wishes. 

I read the bill and I don't see where it imposes anything on the patient having the abortion.  Rather it imposes new paperwork and record keeping on the doctor and facility performing the procedure.  It doesn't force the woman to change her views about anything and specifically excuses her from taking any responsibility for the aborted remains or from viewing the ultrasound.  On the whole, the intent of the law seems to be to insure a standard of care statewide, aimed at making sure all abortion providers are capable and the procedures well documented.  I didn't see anywhere where the woman is required to even be made aware of the disposition of the aborted fetus, so how can it be used for shaming?  It also states that unless the woman wants to claim the remains that the burden of disposal shall be borne by the facility or ultimately, the state.  She's not being shamed, nor charged, nor forced to change her views, so what's the problem?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Comet Ping Pong too,

Huh?

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

they posted edited videos which caused 12 states to open investigations.

They posted nothing that wasn't true about the use of fetal tissue, even specific body parts, for sale.  The fact that that bothers you not at all makes you a typical Lib.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, and then said:

Huh?

I had to look this stupidity up.  What on earth does some stupid CT have to do with what we were discussing?  Are you really that out of touch?

18 hours ago, and then said:

They posted nothing that wasn't true about the use of fetal tissue, even specific body parts, for sale.  The fact that that bothers you not at all makes you a typical Lib.  

Really?  Because I'm not hypocritical.  No, I truly don't care.  I don't care if they sell baby parts.  I don't care if we kill people that commit heinous crimes.  I don't care when innocent civilians get killed in a war.  Now, you may call me a typical lib, because I think everyone should have health insurance, but, honestly, I would be just as happy if we didn't treat the uninsured, because it would save me money.  I will never pretend to care about something just for the sake of politics.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Agent0range said:

I don't care if they sell baby parts.

Thanks for sharing an honest opinion.  I don't judge you for it.  I'd just hope you can accept that for many people, what happens to those fetuses' "tissue" seems abhorrent.  If a person only sees tissue and not a soul-bearing life, I can see how it could be a casual step to creating a profitable commodity to sell.  But those who see the fetuses as human beings that haven't had a chance to physically mature and be born consider the use of their parts an abomination.  If it's "just tissue" then why would it be so valuable for research?  

15 minutes ago, and then said:

Thanks for sharing an honest opinion.  I don't judge you for it.  I'd just hope you can accept that for many people, what happens to those fetuses' "tissue" seems abhorrent.  If a person only sees tissue and not a soul-bearing life, I can see how it could be a casual step to creating a profitable commodity to sell.  But those who see the fetuses as human beings that haven't had a chance to physically mature and be born consider the use of their parts an abomination.  If it's "just tissue" then why would it be so valuable for research?  

Well, because stem cell research has led to huge jumps in the medical field.  Figuring out how a cell can turn in to all different kinds of tissue is the key to curing so many diseases. I don't care when a class of med students are dissecting someones grandmother either...

On 5/29/2019 at 1:28 PM, Farmer77 said:

Honestly I was just reaching for an answer as to why one would be opposed to the cremation / burial part ...

Because it's stupid an unnecessary. Do you need a burial; or cremation for an amputated limb? Just incinerate it with the rest of the medical waste or use the remains for research.
Just more hill people trying to legislate morality

• Like 1

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Just incinerate it with the rest of the medical waste

Totally agree.  No funeral is necessary.  But that won't satisfy the PP crowd, will it?   Care to guess why?

On 5/29/2019 at 7:50 PM, and then said:

And Planned Parenthood is making bank on it.  

\

So? Capitalism, right? 

Just now, and then said:

Totally agree.  No funeral is necessary.  But that won't satisfy the PP crowd, will it?   Care to guess why?

Don't care. If the person women getting the abortion signs the tissue/remains/whatever you want to call it over, who cares what they do with it? Not me.
Honestly, I don't care anyway

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Don't care. If the person women getting the abortion signs the tissue/remains/whatever you want to call it over, who cares what they do with it? Not me.
Honestly, I don't care anyway

Exactly!  Unless you have some deeply held religious belief about conception, which religion can not affect our laws anyway, there is no reason to care about what they do with it.  Like I said.  I care about research on an unborn fetus as much as I care about the grandmother cadaver in a Harvard Medical School lab.  None.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 3:49 PM, and then said:

If it's "just tissue" then why would it be so valuable for research?  

You can't really be that dense, can you?

On 5/30/2019 at 3:08 PM, Agent0range said:

I don't care when a class of med students are dissecting someones grandmother either...

That cadaver volunteered while alive.  My wife had to attend a memorial service at the end of Gross Anatomy out of respect for the family members who came to speak on behalf of the cadaver's wishes.  It was quite a moving, emotional event.  If a woman miscarries and chooses to donate then no problem but this isn't the case.  THIS is the wholesale selling of aborted fetuses.  The guys who made those undercover vids broke privacy laws but they also FOREVER revealed exactly how ghoulish that business is.  I guess that's just something that bothers us ignorant "hill people" though.  Around here we think of it as having morality and a sense of mercy.  You can think of it as you wish.  

5 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So? Capitalism, right? 

Slavery was Capitalism too.  You down for that as well?

Just now, and then said:

That cadaver volunteered while alive.  My wife had to attend a memorial service at the end of Gross Anatomy out of respect for the family members who came to speak on behalf of the cadaver's wishes.  It was quite a moving, emotional event.  If a woman miscarries and chooses to donate then no problem but this isn't the case.  THIS is the wholesale selling of aborted fetuses.  The guys who made those undercover vids broke privacy laws but they also FOREVER revealed exactly how ghoulish that business is.  I guess that's just something that bothers us ignorant "hill people" though.  Around here we think of it as having morality and a sense of mercy.  You can think of it as you wish.  

Hill people are the literal worst.
I was in the funeral industry for 4 years. You have NO IDEA how "ghoulish" (i refer to it as fun) it can be.

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

You can't really be that dense, can you?

Then fetal tissue from monkeys, rats, dogs and so on would do just as well, correct?  Hey, all I ask is that people who have no issue with using the tissue of aborted babies at least man up and own it.  

Just now, and then said:

Slavery was Capitalism too.  You down for that as well?

You should be. Capitalism is your modern day jesus. Expelled from the erect member of George Washington himself as he taught those dirty *******s a lesson

• Haha 1

Just now, and then said:

Again.  Don't care.  Stem cell research can save millions, possibly BILLIONS of lives.  But hey, lets just burn up the research materials.  

• Like 2

Hill people are the literal worst.
I was in the funeral industry for 4 years. You have NO IDEA how "ghoulish" (i refer to it as fun) it can be.

How nice for you.  The funeral business is about disposing of dead human beings, not using them as tissue samples without prior consent.  

Just now, and then said:

Then fetal tissue from monkeys, rats, dogs and so on would do just as well, correct?  Hey, all I ask is that people who have no issue with using the tissue of aborted babies at least man up and own it.  

Why would fetal tissues from other species work just as well? Come on, man. Your argument is dumb.
I have no issue with using aborted human babies for research at all

• Like 1

You should be. Capitalism is your modern day jesus. Expelled from the erect member of George Washington himself as he taught those dirty *******s a lesson

Did you just say you're okay with slavery?

Just now, and then said:

How nice for you.  The funeral business is about disposing of dead human beings, not using them as tissue samples without prior consent.  

Again, so? I never implied without consent.

Just now, and then said:

Did you just say you're okay with slavery?

Please point out where I said that. I'll wait.