Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Very limited support for Indiana Abortion Law

and-then

1 minute ago, and then said:

Then fetal tissue from monkeys, rats, dogs and so on would do just as well, correct?  Hey, all I ask is that people who have no issue with using the tissue of aborted babies at least man up and own it.  

No, not correct.  The genes are completely different.  We can test medicine on animals, and if it works then MAYBE it gets approved for human trial.  I mean do you even know what is special about stem cells?  They are cells that can literally become any other cell.  Brain matter, heart muscle, lungs, organs.  If scientists unlock the key to turning a cell into the tissue they need, there would be no donor list.  We can already create tissue in labs.  All of the children on the donor list, the parents, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, they would be saved.  Wanting that IS PRO LIFE.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

You should be. Capitalism is your modern day jesus. Expelled from the erect member of George Washington himself as he taught those dirty *******s a lesson

P'raps you can explain this response, then?  It was your offering when I asked about slavery being capitalism as well.  

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

No, not correct.  The genes are completely different.  We can test medicine on animals, and if it works then MAYBE it gets approved for human trial.  I mean do you even know what is special about stem cells?  They are cells that can literally become any other cell.  Brain matter, heart muscle, lungs, organs.  If scientists unlock the key to turning a cell into the tissue they need, there would be no donor list.  We can already create tissue in labs.  All of the children on the donor list, the parents, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, they would be saved.  Wanting that IS PRO LIFE.  

To be fair, we can now create induced pluripotent stem cells from adult tissue. Though that never would have been possible without the research done on embryonic stem cells, 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

P'raps you can explain this response, then?  It was your offering when I asked about slavery being capitalism as well.  

I was quite clear with the first sentence. I never voiced any support for slavery.

• Like 1

Just now, Agent0range said:

Yep, I actually took Human A&P for 2 semesters and did quite well.  I was posing a rhetorical question to I#1 to point out his hypocrisy on this issue.  The point is pretty easily made.  PP sells those parts for profit precisely because they are so valuable.  Nothing else will do what they do BECAUSE THEY ARE HUMAN.  Treating those stem cells as "just tissie" is an argument that fails in this case but the hypocrites still try it.  But hey, I'm just an ignorant hill person so...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

To be fair, we can now create induced pluripotent stem cells from adult tissue. Though that never would have been possible without the research done on embryonic stem cells, 

I'm aware of this as well but the value of the fetal source, even cord blood, is that it is much less expensive to produce.  

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I was quite clear with the first sentence. I never voiced any support for slavery.

What the hell were you saying, then?  What does Washington's slaves have to do with the discussion?

Just now, and then said:

Yep, I actually took Human A&P for 2 semesters and did quite well.  I was posing a rhetorical question to I#1 to point out his hypocrisy on this issue.  The point is pretty easily made.  PP sells those parts for profit precisely because they are so valuable.  Nothing else will do what they do BECAUSE THEY ARE HUMAN.  Treating those stem cells as "just tissie" is an argument that fails in this case but the hypocrites still try it.  But hey, I'm just an ignorant hill person so...

I mean, you keep saying for profit, but none of the 12 investigations showed that they were profiting.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, and then said:

What the hell were you saying, then?  What does Washington's slaves have to do with the discussion?

Nevermind.

Just now, Agent0range said:

I mean, you keep saying for profit, but none of the 12 investigations showed that they were profiting.  

Don't let facts get in the way of his feigned moral outrage

3 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Don't let facts get in the way of his feigned moral outrage

Nice to see you can still read minds and judge the morals of strangers.  What a life you must lead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hold tight friends.  We are nearing the end for the need of abortion.

In another decade or two, every young man will be able to purchase his own female robot lover.   Many men, especially those who are not interested in a real relationship, will tend to prefer them because they are always beautiful, never get sick, don't make demands or ask for favors, have no in-laws, are always willing and won't mind if they get slapped around from time to time.  It will be wonderful for the computer gamer crowd, they can totally ignore their robot until the battle or raid is over and they are in the mood. No cheating robots and none will care if a person is rich enough to own a dozen.   It may even solve some of the environmental and pollution problems as these arrested development men die off without producing progeny. 

Only men who want to mature into a family role will seek out real human partners, so maybe most children conceived will not be by accident.

Maybe the world will be a happier place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Nice to see you can still read minds and judge the morals of strangers.  What a life you must lead.

Pretty damn good one, I must say

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Because it's stupid an unnecessary. Do you need a burial; or cremation for an amputated limb? Just incinerate it with the rest of the medical waste or use the remains for research.
Just more hill people trying to legislate morality

What's simultaneous cremation?

8 hours ago, and then said:

Treating those stem cells as "just tissie" is an argument that fails in this case but the hypocrites still try it. 

Doesnt this actually go against Christian teaching?  Arent we spiritual beings having a physical experience? And the soul leaves the body and goes to heaven when the body dies? 

On 5/31/2019 at 11:08 PM, Tatetopa said:

Hold tight friends.  We are nearing the end for the need of abortion.

In another decade or two, every young man will be able to purchase his own female robot lover.   Many men, especially those who are not interested in a real relationship, will tend to prefer them because they are always beautiful, never get sick, don't make demands or ask for favors, have no in-laws, are always willing and won't mind if they get slapped around from time to time.  It will be wonderful for the computer gamer crowd, they can totally ignore their robot until the battle or raid is over and they are in the mood. No cheating robots and none will care if a person is rich enough to own a dozen.   It may even solve some of the environmental and pollution problems as these arrested development men die off without producing progeny. 

Only men who want to mature into a family role will seek out real human partners, so maybe most children conceived will not be by accident.

Maybe the world will be a happier place.

Can't wait. We're getting overpopulated anyway and it's going to be bad by 2100. We're starting to become like too many fish crowded in a small tank. Know what happens when too many fish are in a small tank, much like too many of us on a crowded planet? It ain't a good thing in the end.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 9:29 PM, Agent0range said:

But we do know they are profiting, with $244.8M in excess revenue over expense last year - highest on record I believe. A combined $606.7M over the last five years, which represents 22.1% of the $2.744B they have received in gov't reimbursement and grants. Thus, there can only be two reasonable conclusions here. Either PP should be giving unused funds back to the government, or PP is properly applying taxpayer funds for specified services and they are even more profitable on their "other" services prohibited from use of gov't funds. Nowhere on their year-end summary does it list anything about fetal part/blood sales, just a lot of "other" and "non-gov't" revenue. Do you think if they were profiting on abortion and post-abortion fetal part/blood sales, they'd advertise the practice or specify it knowing the scrutiny it would face even among some of their own advocates? They are profiting somewhere, questions are where and should they be considered a non-profit with that kind of excess?

Studying the last five years of PP's end of year summaries was pretty enlightening. Did you know...

PP's #1 service is STD testing (40.5% of all services), Pregnancy tests #2 (11.1%), HIV testing #3 (7.7%),  emergency contraception kits is #4 (6.5% - questionable whether this is morning after pill or their standard/basic contraceptive package), cancer screening #5 (6.3%), abortion #6 (3.4%).

Long acting (IUD and implants) is on the rise year over year the last five years, usage rising 245%.

Conversely, STD and HIV testing have both risen each of the last five years. Appears on the surface that confidence in the long-acting contraception has caused many women to forego male contraception in tandem, hence the increase in STD/HIV concerns.

Services are up 2.4% the last four years. Revenue over that same period is up 28.5%.

Fundraising expense is up 39.2% last three years, private donations up 122.5%. Effective marketers! Lobbying public policy expense up 16%.

Net assets are up 32.8% the last five years, cost of management expense is up 32.6%. Incentive to profit?

Prenatal services last year 9055, miscarriage services 1731, adoption referrals 2831...abortions 332,757. Either a boatload of women bail on PP once they are pregnant or PP is aborting 96% of pregnancies they deal with.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

But we do know they are profiting, with $244.8M in excess revenue over expense last year - highest on record I believe

How do donations play into that? Im pretty sure all "liberal" charities have seen massive , record setting, upsurges in donations in the Trump era and everytime they do something to erode rights the donations just go up.

For Example:

David Karp's $1 Million Planned Parenthood Gift Tops The Flood Of Post-Alabama Pro-Choice Donations

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

How do donations play into that? Im pretty sure all "liberal" charities have seen massive , record setting, upsurges in donations in the Trump era and everytime they do something to erode rights the donations just go up.

For Example:

David Karp's $1 Million Planned Parenthood Gift Tops The Flood Of Post-Alabama Pro-Choice Donations

Donations were up well before Trump took office. Perhaps it's time for liberals to pony up all PP funds going forward, then they can kill at will without any obligation to the government for funding. Certainly need to lose their non-profit status. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Donations were up well before Trump took office. Perhaps it's time for liberals to pony up all PP funds going forward, then they can kill at will without any obligation to the government for funding. Certainly need to lose their non-profit status. 

Sure, public health be damned!

48 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure, public health be damned!

People can still get care, just let the crusaders for PP pay for it as they seem willing to do. You are making chicken out of fish by ignoring the financial issues with PP, redirecting with nonsense. In other words, not public be damned, crusaders and PP leadership be damned. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Maybe they can diversify and use any government funding to provide transportation and lodging to women in states that decide to severely limit access.  That way there can be no argument that a woman's right to choose is being removed.  She's just being inconvenienced.  Who knows?  Maybe the added hassle will lead to fewer "mistakes" or so it is to be hoped.

• Like 1

Maybe they can diversify and use any government funding to provide transportation and lodging to women in states that decide to severely limit access.  That way there can be no argument that a woman's right to choose is being removed.  She's just being inconvenienced.  Who knows?  Maybe the added hassle will lead to fewer "mistakes" or so it is to be hoped.

I cant tell if you were being facetious but I actually like that idea. It would let states have their rights while still providing freedom for those who see the issue differently.

1 minute ago, aztek said:

Related image

Oh thats right! You were saying you were gonna pick up a new blow up doll. Hows that model working out for ya?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh thats right! You were saying you were gonna pick up a new blow up doll. Hows that model working out for ya?

i would not know buddy, i'm pretty sure you mistook me for ............yourself