Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

flat earth

jahjah123

Anyone can prove Earth is not round. A builder uses a plumb line and bob to find a true verticle line. so lets take a fair distance of maybe a mile and do 2 plumb lines and bobs  on a true still day and the plumb lines and bobs are say 10 feet tall, if you measure the top distance to the bottom distance of the 2 plumb line and bobs the distance will be exact, if the earth is round the distance at the tops  of the plumb lines and bob will be larger at the top than the bottom, and lets say for arguments sake we use an electronic lazer measure ther will be no dought whatsoever the earth is FLAT and scientifically prover. If the earth was round there would be no seas and the theory of the earth being round is proof of the mass mind control humans have been given by the demons who think they own rule earth.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, jahjah123 said:

Anyone can prove Earth is not round. A builder uses a plumb line and bob to find a true verticle line. so lets take a fair distance of maybe a mile and do 2 plumb lines and bobs  on a true still day and the plumb lines and bobs are say 10 feet tall, if you measure the top distance to the bottom distance of the 2 plumb line and bobs the distance will be exact, if the earth is round the distance at the tops  of the plumb lines and bob will be larger at the top than the bottom, and lets say for arguments sake we use an electronic lazer measure ther will be no dought whatsoever the earth is FLAT and scientifically prover. If the earth was round there would be no seas and the theory of the earth being round is proof of the mass mind control humans have been given by the demons who think they own rule earth.

My tape measure only goes 100m? 

• Like 1

How does a flat earth have two poles?  Don't do what typical frisbee nuts do and deny it when astronomy shows the earth has two poles.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jahjah123 said:

If the earth was round there would be no seas and the theory of the earth being round is proof of the mass mind control humans have been given by the demons who think they own rule earth.

Non-sequitur from a brain dead flat earther.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

flat-earth-funny-memes-28-5b325364901bf_

Actually, I think we look quite cute flat. I would hate to live right on the edge, just in case I fell off with the dogs. 

Maybe that's why we in Yorkshire have a water shortage every year.... its just dropping off the edge and raining on the poor planet below us.

• Haha 4

*covers eyes and hits red "X" at top right corner of the screen *

• Like 3

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, jahjah123 said:

I saw a video trying to prove this with only a 10 ft line and it was hilarious how the terrain caused the person at one end to have to raise his post up to make it level.     You are forgetting that there are no real flat areas on the planet, even if we think they are flat there are hills and valleys and dips and rises so your one mile would not be sufficient for you to prove that there is no curvature.  Maybe you should see if Virgin Space is selling seats yet and get yourself on one of those shuttles where you can actually see how round the earth is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jahjah123 said:

Nice try.   Not nice to troll.  No one is as dumb as your post makes you out to be.    No one will do that test because it is unnecessary.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I saw a video trying to prove this with only a 10 ft line and it was hilarious how the terrain caused the person at one end to have to raise his post up to make it level.     You are forgetting that there are no real flat areas on the planet, even if we think they are flat there are hills and valleys and dips and rises so your one mile would not be sufficient for you to prove that there is no curvature.  Maybe you should see if Virgin Space is selling seats yet and get yourself on one of those shuttles where you can actually see how round the earth is.

I time traveled to the future, and read the testimony of a flat earther who had "been in space":

"At first it was very exiting, but I quite soon realized that the windows were not real windows. They were screens. I don't know how they managed to make us float in the air, but when I went to open the hatch, they violently stopped me and restrained me. To keep their secret I guess. Now I am banned from going on another trip. I can only presume that they fear me exposing them."

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, jahjah123 said:

46488025_2240860839277724_1220257632506347520_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, freetoroam said:

giphy.gif

Needs more facepalms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/05/2019 at 3:36 AM, jahjah123 said:

Placed the two plumb 30.867m apart.

The tops were about 15 microns further apart than the bottom. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 29/05/2019 at 6:36 PM, jahjah123 said:

Typical flat earther claim - "if you do this experiment, this will happen". No mention of having actually done the experiment though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Typical flat earther claim - "if you do this experiment, this will happen". No mention of having actually done the experiment though.

I saw a video that the flat earther did the experiment using two posts 10 feet apart and the person helping him could not line the top of his post up with the other post until he raised it off the ground.  It wasn't even done on a flat place and 10 feet is not enough to prove anything. 

It is incredibly easy to prove the curvature of the earth.  No maths involved, no major expenses, just the cost of a bus or train fare and the luck of a nice clear day.

Go to your local airport at or just after sunset.  Observe a plane take off in shadow and as it gains altitude be bathed in sunlight.  If you are really lucky you will observe a low flying plane in shadow and a high altitude plane in sunlight simultaneously.  Thus we get line of sight, and curvature proved. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I saw a video that the flat earther did the experiment using two posts 10 feet apart and the person helping him could not line the top of his post up with the other post until he raised it off the ground.  It wasn't even done on a flat place and 10 feet is not enough to prove anything. 

It's amazingly easy to prove the earth is a globe.

Get a sextant, jump on a boat, use the North Star to measure your latitude, and then cross reference it with a map. This is impossible on a flat plane, and with a reference point (i.e. the star) that isn't as far as from us as Polaris is.

I have seen the curvature of the earth from the 86th floor observation deck of the Empire State Building .  Also the earth's curved shadow on the moon during a lunar eclipse.   Also the sun on mountain tops in the morning and evening.

but I guess my eyes must have been playing tricks on me.

• Like 1

If the earth is flat then when the sun rises it is daytime EVERYWHERE on the planet at the same time and remains so until the sun sets. Then it is night everywhere. Moreover, day and night would be exactly twelve hours each everywhere if the earth was flat. There would be no equinoxes or solstices.

Flat-earthers must have flat heads, otherwise how do you explain their lack of brains?!

• Like 1