Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
silentoasis

Hearing Voices

9 posts in this topic

silentoasis

Ok. We have a white noise machine in our bedroom.  In the mornings especially,  I can hear radio interference and other voices through it.  OK.  I got tired of hearing public radio every morning and turned it off.  This morning, I heard people talking,  not on a radio frequency. Nothing was turned on in the bedroom,  just the clock.  WHAT is happening to me?!  Why can I  hear conversations when I'm the only one in the house?  The voices only talk to each other,  not me. And sometimes they're in very personal (i.e. sexual situations!)

eight bits

Welcome aboard.

Perhaps something along these lines

http://nautil.us/blog/ll/1987/2017-01-30+03:00:00

and audio pareidolia is a searchable term.

Don't sweat it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney
4 minutes ago, eight bits said:

and audio pareidolia is a searchable term.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_hallucination

I was just going to say that. :yes:

• Like 3

the13bats
Posted (edited)

from time to time we hear a very distant music, cant really tell anything besides its music,

so if its not audio hallucination or mental illness, what the devil is it? in our case i do believe when condition are right some electical devices act as a crystal radio type idea or just hum in a way that sounds like tunes.

since you had a device that was picking up  stray signals i would look into that,

Edited by the13bats
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

papageorge1
5 hours ago, silentoasis said:

Ok. We have a white noise machine in our bedroom.  In the mornings especially,  I can hear radio interference and other voices through it.  OK.  I got tired of hearing public radio every morning and turned it off.  This morning, I heard people talking,  not on a radio frequency. Nothing was turned on in the bedroom,  just the clock.  WHAT is happening to me?!  Why can I  hear conversations when I'm the only one in the house?  The voices only talk to each other,  not me. And sometimes they're in very personal (i.e. sexual situations!)

Interesting that you are posting this in 'Spiritualism & Mediumship'. I'm not one to jump to a normal or paranormal explanation. I do believe paranormal sources can use electronic devices that people can be receptive to. 

And do you have a clue about what you are hearing? Sexual situations? You may be dealing with lower astral plane entities attracted to what is closest to the physical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Desertrat56
On 5/29/2019 at 5:54 PM, silentoasis said:

Have you tried turning the white noise generator off over night?  I have found those to be more annoying than soothing but that is just me.  I sometimes hear music and voices that I can't make out but I have no clue what causes it.  I have issues with the constant whine of wifi and other electronics so I blame them.  I don't hear it when I go to remote locations where there is no wifi or electronics.

• Like 1

Impedancer
On 2019-05-30 at 2:41 AM, Piney said:

I have had them and it's pretty common too however you should start to worry if your neighbours dog orders you to kill people ;-)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the13bats

i noticed something since i was last in this thread, i have been in the car port putzing with the trike at night its cooler and quiet out had a small "boom box" turned on, low i just need background noise near me, while you basically couldnt hear it in some closer locations like the front door or basement within say 30-40ft of it we could here it upstairs in the bedroom on the farside of the house, did it go thru ducting? i dont know but its weird.

• Like 2