Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Support for us who are debilitated

Musicmatters

I just read back over the OCD comments I was talking about, and I now see that they were not so bad after all. It's just that when I read them the other day I was really struggling with these experiences and looking for peace on here, and I wrote the comment impulsively because at first glance It looked like the ocd comments were making light of my situation. But I see that they weren't. I truly apologize for my reaction. 

@Piney @Desertrat56

Edited by Musicmatters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Musicmatters said:

I just read back over the OCD comments I was talking about, and I now see that they were not so bad after all. It's just that when I read them the other day I was really struggling with these experiences and looking for peace on here, and I wrote the comment impulsively because at first glance It looked like the ocd comments were making light of my situation. But I see that they weren't. I truly apologize for my reaction. 

@Piney @Desertrat56

Freely given. Freely accepted. :yes:

As for the OCD when I'm doing my woodwork, logging or working on or operating heavy equipment. Everything has to be right, my gear and procedures have to be perfect and I have never been hurt or had equipment fail. 

My martial arts, the same thing. My moves and form has to be perfect. I use razor sharp patterned welded and folded blades. I never hurt myself.  

Learn to use it as a advantage and **** what anybody thinks about the quirks. 

• Like 3

On 2019-05-30 at 10:36 PM, Piney said:

Me too. :lol:

I worked as a shop assistant for 9 years so i sometimes have the same problem :-) "There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better stronger ritcher or smarter everything is within everything exist seek nothing outside yourself " Miamoto Musashi 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1

I have a few links from different forum users who my experiences are similar too. The difference is I have OCD and they seem to be healthy. I'm adding the links so we can realize that this is a very common thing for many people and so we can figure out what could be causing this in us. 

Please check out these links: 

(1.) https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/37mtcw/im_having_these_weird_psychiclike/

(2.) https://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/2v6xtr/precognition_telepathy_what_happened/

(3.) https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/16947-knowing-things-before-they-happen/

(4.) this last link is one from a user who not only describes these experiences perfectly but who also has a very interesting scientific theory on why these type of things happen: 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/326032-quantum-sequencing-paradoxes/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2019 at 3:42 PM, spartan max2 said:

Wait, so did she die when she texted you?

Just asking because if she didn't then wouldn't that show that your intrusive OCD thought was indeed random and irrational. Not supernatural ?

Like she was suppose to die the moment that text came in right?

Hey Music thanks for sticking with the thread !

Also I love reddit so I'll check out the links

I am still super curious about the answer to my question though in relation to your OP?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Musicmatters said:

I have a few links from different forum users who my experiences are similar too. The difference is I have OCD and they seem to be healthy. I'm adding the links so we can realize that this is a very common thing for many people and so we can figure out what could be causing this in us. 

Please check out these links: 

(1.) https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/37mtcw/im_having_these_weird_psychiclike/

(2.) https://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/2v6xtr/precognition_telepathy_what_happened/

(3.) https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/16947-knowing-things-before-they-happen/

(4.) this last link is one from a user who not only describes these experiences perfectly but who also has a very interesting scientific theory on why these type of things happen: 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/326032-quantum-sequencing-paradoxes/

What could be causing it?  Fear and low self esteem.  And what does it mean when you say "The difference is I have OCD and they seem to be healthy..."   Are you talking about mental illness?

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 4:52 PM, Desertrat56 said:

What could be causing it?  Fear and low self esteem.  And what does it mean when you say "The difference is I have OCD and they seem to be healthy..."   Are you talking about mental illness?

Yes I mean mental Illness.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:08 PM, spartan max2 said:

Hey Music thanks for sticking with the thread !

Also I love reddit so I'll check out the links

I am still super curious about the answer to my question though in relation to your OP?

Actually she didn't and for the longest I've tried to rationalize to myself that that should mean that it's all bull****. I have many experiences like that that didn't actually happen, and I feel better for a little while after I spend time rationalizing the fact that the synchronicity or sign was false. But the problem is the experiences happen so much and with things that can't be proven right away but only in the future, so I find myself going right back to square one believing that something is possibly screwing with my head and trying to make me kill myself. It's a vicious and painful cycle. 

Everything could be completely silent in my house for a whole hour but then out of no where I could be doing something like preparing a meal and my mind will tell me that I'm about to hear such and such and it will prove something else. And every time I get this thought and strong feeling, it's always right when it says I'm going to hear the thing it told me I would. 

It happens in different ways, sometimes I can literally hear the exact sound in my mind seconds before it happens (in thought form) not an actual sound. For example: I can almost hear the exact words someone is about to suddenly say after they've been quiet and in a whole other room for a whole hour. That's not supposed to be possible! And It really freaks me out and makes me distressed. 

And other times my thoughts suddenly start telling me that a certain noise is about to be made, but not sure of the exact way it's going to happen.  i.e. person speaking, but not knowing the exact words. Or knowing a noise will suddenly happen but not knowing exactly which one. I.e.train noise, phone ringing, knock on the door etc. 

When these things happen it's always when my mind is in a sort of altered subconscious state. It never happens when I'm consciously aware and try to force it. It always pops in my mind a second just before it's about to actually happen. Or sometimes my mind goes into a sort of "automatic altered state" and a strange word or sound pops in my mind and in a 5 second span I can feel that someone is about to say the word or make that sound, it's all automatic and guaranteed to happen Everytime in this state. Its similar to how people claim to do it with deja Vu. Sometimes it feels like I'm putting my own word or sound into their minds and other times I feel like I'm reading their minds. When this happens it's all automatic and feels predestined. 

One theory I came up with is that maybe the brain waves become extra strong when these OCD thoughts hit and allows me to temporarily connect to the other person's waves and pull out that word or put a word into their minds.

One time I was in my bed room and there was a random group of guys walking in the street talking to each other and for some reason my brain suddenly got a strong thought of some random number, and I subconsciously thought: "they're gonna say this number" and a second later one of the guys blurted out the number. It's was scary as hell! 

If psychic type stuff really does exist, it's something that people can not control and something we have not quite figured out yet. 

I'm a rational person, so I see it like this: either I and many others are in the process of figuring out an unknown mechanism of this universe.

Or our minds are so hyper vigilant that it's causing our subconscious to read things more than the average person. 

I was in severe pain tonight because of this thing, but writing this out to you has made me feel better. So I'm glad you asked me that question. I look forward to hearing from you and others. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Musicmatters said:

One theory I came up with is that maybe the brain waves become extra strong when these OCD thoughts hit and allows me to temporarily connect to the other person's waves and pull out that word or put a word into their minds.

If you are on the autistic spectrum you have twice as many neurons firing twice as fast. @spartan max2  has a link to the study. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Music Matters!

Thank you for your thoughtful post! You are not alone. OCD is common with people with psychic abilities. You might want to consider learning about Jungian Shadow Theory (this video does an excellent job explaining it). For many people, especially children with psi abilities who were told they were "making things up," that important aspect of themselves is repressed, which can lead to anger, depression, and in extreme cases, a split personality.

In my case, the OCD developed around the time I first started telling my parents what I was seeing, and they told me I was imagining things. I grew up in the Bible Belt, so any talk I ever heard of psychics, mediums, and the like painted them as people doing Satan's work. This, I believe, led to a lot of my compulsions being centered around evil, eternal damnation, etc. I developed a lot of anger, which I suppressed, which led to depression (you may have heard the saying that anger turned outwards is aggression, anger turned inwards is depression). Anyway, as I grew older, I always found myself being drawn to the metaphysical, but my fear of demons and all the other fear-based crap people post on the internet always led me away. I now know that the scariest thing out there in the universe (besides people) are manifestations of your shadow. All my terrifying dreams, scary astral projection experiences, etc. stopped once I learned about the shadow and recognized that perception is reality. If you view everything through the lens of fear, that is what you will see at every turn. Every Rorschach inkblot used to look like a demon to me :lol:. Now that I have started the work of integrating my shadow, I see things from a much more positive perspective.

Intuitive messages (whether claircognizant, clairvoyant, clairaudient, clairsentient, etc.) can appear exactly the same way as OCD thoughts. The difference is in how they make you feel. Are they fear based and give you anxiety, or do they just pop in where you observe them initially without emotion? It took me YEARS to understand this subtle difference. When I was a teenager, I had a precognitive vision of an accident involving a family member right before it happened in front of me. Initially, I thought it was an OCD thought, but then it actually happened. But I was very calm when the thought entered my head. I didn't have my usual gut reaction of impending doom, and "Oh my god, what if this actually happens?!" If I had known then what I know now, I could have recognized my calm reaction to the message and realized it was intuitive instead of an OCD thought.  I understand your concern about texts and other small occurrences being controlled by your mind. I’m not disputing the existence of telekinesis, but I really think your fear about synchronicity and negative events will fade when you learn about shadow theory.

If possible, try to view this “disability” as a gift. We are here on this earth to learn and grow. Behind all your suffering is a life lesson that will help you grow and blossom as an individual.

I can't in good conscience post a reply without mentioning that you should consider consulting a mental health professional for your concerns. While they can be hard to find, there are professionals out there who respect that psychic abilities exist. I also HIGHLY recommend DNRS (the Dynamic Neural Retraining System). It’s a science-based, neuroplasticity program for rewiring your brain, and it treats physical and mental illnesses that originate from limbic system impairment.

TLDR: Check out Jungian Shadow Theory, you're not going to harm people with your thoughts, intuitive messages differ from OCD thoughts in how they make you feel the first second you experience them, steer clear of people who want to suck you into their own fear by talking about demons/mind-control/etc., you likely have a beautiful gift that will unfold if you focus on the positive, and consider seeking professional help or trying a neural retraining program like DNRS for your OCD and anxiety.

• Like 2