Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit Party Odds-on to Win Westminster Seat

itsnotoutthere

42 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

"The People" voted for a no-deal Brexit !

We've been through this.

No they didn't. 

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

We've been through this.

No they didn't. 

Yes we have. 

And Oh Yes They Did !

They voted to leave the European Union. The ballot paper made no mention of "deals". 

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Yes we have. 

And Oh Yes They Did !

They voted to leave the European Union. The ballot paper made no mention of "deals". 

I'm not going to rehash this again. 

In brief:

No, the ballot paper did not mention deals. 

That means we voted to leave. That's all, nothing else, that is the mandate the people gave. 

If we leave with a deal, that is met. The referendum does not, therefore, show that the people support leaving without a deal. 

16 minutes ago, Setton said:

In brief:

That means we voted to leave. That's all, nothing else, that is the mandate the people gave. 

If we leave with a deal, that is met. The referendum does not, therefore, show that the people support leaving without a deal. 

We voted to take back control of our borders, make our own laws, negotiate our own trade deals, we had reasons to leave.

Just now, hetrodoxly said:

We voted to take back control of our borders, make our own laws, negotiate our own trade deals, we had reasons to leave.

You voted to leave. Nothing else. 

That's all that was on the ballot paper, remember? 

27 minutes ago, Setton said:

In brief:

You forgot to mention...if we leave without a deal the mandate is met. Which by the way should have happened in March. The majority of peoples have been cheated and I might add with the assistance of people like you.

Just answer me just 2 questions with a simple yes or no.

1. Did we vote to leave the EU?

2. Have we left the EU?

Just yes or no.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Just now, itsnotoutthere said:

You forgot to mention...if we leave without a deal the mandate is met. Which by the way should have happened in March.

Indeed it is. However, parliament (in its rightful role) legislated that the government must seek an extension instead of a no deal. 

That is not undermining the democratic process, it is the essence of it. Our representatives are seeking to fulfil our mandate in the best way. 

They judge that a deal is best. Therefore that is what should be pursued. 

The majority of peoples have been cheated and I might add with the assistance of people like you.

You're welcome. The majority have not been cheated as parliament continues to work towards leaving. 

The ballot paper also did not mention a date. 

11 minutes ago, Setton said:

Indeed it is. However, parliament (in its rightful role) legislated that the government must seek an extension instead of a no deal. 

That is not undermining the democratic process, it is the essence of it. Our representatives are seeking to fulfil our mandate in the best way. 

They judge that a deal is best. Therefore that is what should be pursued. 

You're welcome. The majority have not been cheated as parliament continues to work towards leaving. 

The ballot paper also did not mention a date. 

And remember...'no deal is better than a bad deal' parliament has three times voted that the deal on the table is a bad deal, the EU has said several times that the deal on the table is the only one they will offer. So in reality from now till October is simply more time wasting.

Never mind, once Boris is in place it'll all get sorted I'm sure.:)

And if it doesn't I'm positive that later on Prime minister Farage will sort it out.:D

Edited by itsnotoutthere

6 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And remember...'no deal is better than a bad deal' 

Ah-ah-ah, that wasn't on the ballot paper. And, remember, of it wasn't on the ballot paper, it doesn't count. 

That's your rule. 

7 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Never mind, once Boris is in place it'll all get sorted I'm sure.:)

And if it doesn't I'm positive that later on Prime minister Farage will sort it out.:D

I have absolutely no doubt either of them would sort out bypassing the democratic process. 

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

I have absolutely no doubt either of them would sort out bypassing the democratic process. 

Ah well, whatever it takes, after all 'what's good for the goose' and all that.....;)

Edited by itsnotoutthere

4 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Ah well, whatever it takes, after all 'what's good for the goose' and all that.....;)

And there it is. Quite happy to bypass democracy if it gets you your result. 

@stevewinnFor reference, this is denying democracy. 

Edited by Setton

Just now, Setton said:

But in reality we do not need to, as the EU election results should have taught you. Be careful what you wish for.;)

32 minutes ago, Setton said:

We voted to leave, we did not vote to leave with a customs union or free trade agreement.

Therefore, technically, 52% of the population voted for a No-Deal Brexit including myself. And, now it has had a label put on it I am still happy for a No-Deal Brexit.

All this drawn out process has done is instilled a deep mistrust in our main party politicians.........now think about it carefully, why do you think that is?

It's a rhetorical question, the answer is.....because the politicians have not done what they were asked to do 3 years ago.

You can kid yourself that you're in the majority but you really are kidding yourself, again as demonstrated by the EU election results.

9 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

We voted to leave, we did not vote to leave with a customs union or free trade agreement.

Therefore, technically, 52% of the population voted for a No-Deal Brexit including myself. And, now it has had a label put on it I am still happy for a No-Deal Brexit.

Nope, you just voted to leave. 

Please see above. 

16 minutes ago, Setton said:

How many people do you need here queuing up to tell you that you`re wrong?

lol

4 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

All this drawn out process has done is instilled a deep mistrust in our main party politicians.........now think about it carefully, why do you think that is?

It's a rhetorical question, the answer is.....because the politicians have not done what they were asked to do 3 years ago.

You can kid yourself that you're in the majority but you really are kidding yourself, again as demonstrated by the EU election results.

Which showed less support for no deal than anything else. But you keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. 

Just now, Setton said:

Nope, you just voted to leave. 

Please see above. 

Dont tell me how I voted, I know how I voted, you dont.

I voted to leave the EU. I did not vote to leave with a deal. Putting aside this then even with a deal why are we still in 3 years later? This charade needs bringing to an end, we need to leave ASAP.

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

How many people do you need here queuing up to tell you that you`re wrong?

lol

Logical fallacy: appeal to popularity. 

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Dont tell me how I voted, I know how I voted, you dont.

I voted to leave the EU. I did not vote to leave with a deal. Putting aside this then even with a deal why are we still in 3 years later? This charade needs bringing to an end, we need to leave ASAP.

But I do know how you voted, you've told me at length.

However, obviously you know why you voted the way you did and I don't. 

By extension, you don't know why anyone else voted leave. 

If we can't bring up other relevant points such as the leave campaign's promise of a deal because 'it wasn't on the ballot paper' we also can't bring up the idea of leaving without a deal. That also was not on the ballot paper. 

Edited by Setton

48 minutes ago, Setton said:

What do you think the reason was why we voted to leave the EU was?

Just now, hetrodoxly said:

What do you think the reason was why we voted to leave the EU was?

Doesn't matter, wasn't on the ballot paper. 

#leavelogic

Edited by Setton

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

Which showed less support for no deal than anything else. But you keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night. 

Explain....im all ears.

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

But I do know how you voted, you've told me at length.

However, obviously you know why you voted the way you did and I don't. 

By extension, you don't know why anyone else voted leave. 

If we can't bring up other relevant points such as the leave campaign's promise of a deal because 'it wasn't on the ballot paper' we also can't bring up the idea of leaving without a deal. That also was not on the ballot paper. 

You are not eroding away out Democracy.

We know you want to remain and you game is to erode leaving step by step until we decide to stay in the EU. It isn't working, it isn't going to work, open you eyes and see how many of us are against staying.

Everyone here is telling you why they voted to leave and none of them are telling you they voted to leave with a deal.