Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit Party Odds-on to Win Westminster Seat

itsnotoutthere

4 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

You're saying we should accept a 'deal' at any cost, you know we didn't vote for that,

Am I? 

I asked you for a quote

you have the mentality of a 10 year old with their playground politics "na na na you said, na na na you didn't say" if you want to discus this with the big boys grow up.  

How ridiculous for me to hold you to previous statements... 

4 hours ago, stevewinn said:

I see once again the Democracy denier @Settonis out in force with his Diane Abbott abacus.

Recently in Parliament the Remain MP's tried to wrestle Leaving the EU away from the Govt. which was taking authority away from the Govt. Parliament voted on this proposal. thankfully the proposal/amendment was defeated. which meant the Govt has the authority to take us out of the EU even with a No deal.

It means the government has control of parliament business (at the moment). 

And that is all it means. 

3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Your whole arguments see you jump from distortion to distortion, its funny. So with your present argument you have convinced yourself that 100% of the UK population only voted in the EU elections based on their Brexit wishes. Also, shall I point out that your maths is wrong too because 35 + 23 + 38 isn't 100 (lmao!!!).

That's because there are also other parties that don't have a clear stance. 

Is maths really that hard? 

It is shear arrogance to assume all people voted solely on their Brexit wishes and to assume all votes not for the Brexit Party are votes for staying in the EU or a soft-Brexit. 

I'm not. The 38% also includes UKIP. 

What I am saying is that remain backing parties were more popular than no deal backing parties. 

That is a fact

4 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Ok, facts. 

3 years ago we were asked one question. to stay, or to leave the EU a binary choice. The majority voted to leave. Forget all the c**p about deal or no deal, that is just a device by vested interests to muddy the waters & string things out.

Recently we had the EU elections, only one party stood on the platform of leave no matter what. Only one party stood on the platform of stay no matter what.

These are facts. Except for the underlined. Well done. 

We can ignore all the other mainstream parties because to a lesser or greater extent they are somewhat confused about what they want to do and we have no idea what their followers think, we can only guess.

And now we're into interpretation. Decidin which data is relevant and which isn't. 

One party won by a country mile. the other party were obliterated out of existence. 

The Brexit Party got 31% of the vote. 

The lib dems got 20%. 

Those are facts. 

Claiming 31% = win while 20% = obliteration is your interpretation. 

Considering the furious reaction to the suggestion that leave voters are less educated on average, some of you do seem to enjoy reinforcing the stereotype. 

37 minutes ago, Setton said:

Claiming 31% = win while 20% = obliteration is your interpretation. 

Ok, i'll re-phrase that :-

31% Redrum....20% Shergar (after he was stolen & turned into dog meat)

47 minutes ago, Setton said:

Considering the furious reaction to the suggestion that leave voters are less educated on average, some of you do seem to enjoy reinforcing the stereotype. 

See...told you it was a class war. The chattering classes know best. Just ask all those Guardian columnists. Screw the working classes, you know, the ones that voted Brexit eh Setton.?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

46 minutes ago, Setton said:

You do realise that 35 + 23 + 38 = 96 lol

I really cannot believe I had to tell you that once, that you denied it second, and then I have to tell you again. Use your calculator lmao.

Your faulty mathematics explains a lot, maybe this is why you think those who wish to remain won.

Edited by RabidMongoose

For Britain’s pro-European middle classes, Brexit is akin to a psychological trauma which has left many unable to behave rationally, according to two leading experts. Far from being hyper-rational observers concerned only with what is economically sensible, many have morphed into the "Remainiacs" of Brexiteer disdain.

They are acting no differently to what psychologists would expect from those suffering from chronic anxiety caused by loss of control and insecurity, Dr. Philip Corr, professor of psychology and behavioral economics at the University of London, and Dr. Simon Stuart, a clinical psychologist, told POLITICO.

In such circumstances, Corr and Stuart said, patients can become prone to anger, despair and rumination, while slipping into polarized "in" and "out" groups, seeking solace in the demonization of the "other," whom they blame for the current state of affairs.

It is also something many of them feel can be blamed on those over whom Britain’s educated professionals usually have day-to-day political, economic and social control — the working-class, provincial, poor and elderly who were over-represented among Leave voters.

link :- https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-anxiety-disorder-britain-middle-class/

Edited by itsnotoutthere

18 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You do realise that 35 + 23 + 38 = 96 lol

Yes, it does. So 4% of people voted for parties without a clear Brexit stance. When you add that to the other 96%, you get 100.

Clever isn't it? 

I really cannot believe I had to tell you that once, that you denied it second, and then I have to tell you again. Use your calculator lmao.

Your faulty mathematics explains a lot, maybe this is why you think those who wish to remain won.

I can't believe you actually think you're winning this argument... 

21 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

See...told you it was a class war. The chattering classes know best. Just ask all those Guardian columnists. Screw the working classes, you know, the ones that voted Brexit eh Setton.?

Before you were saying people from all backgrounds supported Brexit. Which is it?

I'm not saying all leave voters are stupid. I know some very intelligent people who voted Leave and some very stupid ones who backed remain. Sadly, we are neither. 

13 minutes ago, Setton said:

Before you were saying people from all backgrounds supported Brexit. Which is it?

I'm not saying all leave voters are stupid. I know some very intelligent people who voted Leave and some very stupid ones who backed remain. Sadly, we are neither. 

I don't think I actually said that, but actually ...both.

But you on the contrary have on several occasions belittled leave voters as unintelligent. :-

"But they're a literate one, at least. "  remember that one.?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I don't think I actually said that, but actually ...both.

Well that's the usual consistency. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Well that's the usual consistency. 

Well, that's the usual horse s**t.

Look, I know it may have spooked you when that woman on Question Time asked who would serve her coffee in Pret after we leave but don't panic, after we leave i'm sure your daughter will still be able to go on her gap year around Europe with her friends Cassandra & Tarquin, she'll just have the inconvenience of having to fill out the odd form, i'm sure your Latvian cleaner will still be allowed to stay & carry on cleaning for you at an undisclosed rate, & ok, the prices in Waitrose may go up a little (perhaps the odd trip to Tescos :() & advocados may be a bit more seasonal & you may have to settle for a Lexus rather than that 5 series BMW you had your eye on, but hey...in the long run believe me it's a price worth paying, trust me. :tu:

Edited by itsnotoutthere

38 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yes, it does. So 4% of people voted for parties without a clear Brexit stance. When you add that to the other 96%, you get 100.

Clever isn't it? 

I can't believe you actually think you're winning this argument... 

We all apologise, you clearly have well thought out arguments and superior intellectual abilities.

We have to hand it to you, you won this debate.

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Well, that's the usual horse s**t.

Look, I know it may have spooked you when that woman on Question Time asked who would serve her coffee in Pret after we leave but don't panic, after we leave i'm sure your daughter will still be able to go on her gap year around Europe with her friends Cassandra & Tarquin, she'll just have the inconvenience of having to fill out the odd form, i'm sure your Latvian cleaner will still be allowed to stay & carry on cleaning for you at an undisclosed rate, & ok, the prices in Waitrose may go up a little (perhaps the odd trip to Tescos :() & advocados may be a bit more seasonal & you may have to settle for a Lexus rather than that 5 series BMW you had your eye on, but hey...in the long run believe me it's a price worth paying, trust me. :tu:

Yeah, see, educated does not necessarily mean middle class. 

8 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yeah, see, educated does not necessarily mean middle class. 

It doesn't necessarily mean smart either.

I work with quite a few educated people & some of them don't know how to cook an omelette.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

It doesn't necessarily mean smart either.

I work with quite a few educated people & some of them don't know how to cook an omelette.

Cooking an omelette, of course, doesn't really qualify you in the field of politics or economics. 

17 minutes ago, Setton said:

Cooking an omelette, of course, doesn't really qualify you in the field of politics or economics. 

Exactly....leave democracy to the educated people eh? It's what you've been saying all along.

They should introduce a test & if you don't get a high enough score you should never be allowed to vote again, right?

In fact thinking about it, that might already be in the Labour manifesto.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

37 minutes ago, Setton said:

Neither does being a brain surgeon or a nuclear physicist.....so whats your point?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

45 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Exactly....leave democracy to the educated people eh? It's what you've been saying all along.

No, it isn't. 

Again please support your claim with a quote. Otherwise it's meaningless. 

They should introduce a test & if you don't get a high enough score you should never be allowed to vote again, right?

Nope. 

24 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Neither does being a brain surgeon or a nuclear physicist.....so whats your point?

To make it through uni in any discipline, you have to have a degree of analytical capability. So, yes, brain surgeons, on average, well be better qualified to talk on politics or economics than the average person who left school at 18.

1 hour ago, Setton said:

To make it through uni in any discipline, you have to have a degree of analytical capability. So, yes, brain surgeons, on average, well be better qualified to talk on politics or economics than the average person who left school at 18.

Thats a bit like saying older people are more qualified to talk about the EU because they've been around longer to see how it operates.......hmm....you know, you might be onto something.

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Yes I've noticed that with some of the degree students I've seen working at the local KFC.

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

Yes, many times.

Should be easy for you to back up with a quote then. 

But you don't seem able to.