Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit Party Odds-on to Win Westminster Seat

itsnotoutthere

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

Government directive? really how likely is that?

how did he get his hands on the votes? Where I live votes are very well protected

Closed group - no such thing in reality and those groups  which nominally claim to be,  normally just require a request to join - hardly a secure environment. 

all good questions....

hopefully the police (as I said before) will be free to investigate the whole thing properly...
but because the Political Elite and their Cohorts and their Media Outlets are all determined
to stop the BP from getting significant power and spoiling the Lab / Con Merry~go~round...
I doubt that they will.....

3 hours ago, Setton said:

Mahmood is not a member of the Labour Party. Which you know perfectly well. 

what does that matter?

A Sunday Times investigation (click the link) revealed that Tariq Mahmood - who was jailed for 15 months in 2008 and expelled from the party for his role in a “systematic campaign of electoral fraud” after forging postal votes - campaigned extensively for Ms Forbes.

Labour had previously insisted he had no involvement in the campaign. YET, Mr Mahmood, a 51-year-old former Labour local branch secretary in the constituency, also accompanied Jeremy Corbyn on a tour of local mosques, community centres and the high street in Peterborough days before the election and appeared in a Labour by-election video along with the Labour leader and candidate.

The Sunday Times also reported Mr Mahmood spent most of election day outside a polling station and was subsequently present at the by-election count, wearing a Labour rosette on both occasions. He denied any wrongdoing.

A Labour spokesperson told Peterborough Today: "Peterborough council, who organise the count, always announce the results in a public area of the venue.

"There were hundreds of people there. The Labour Party had 19 official guests who were allowed in to the restricted areas. He was not one of them."

“Members of the public can of course support Labour, but this individual did not play any role in Labour’s campaign.”

Cambridgeshire Police are also investigating five separate allegations of electoral fraud in Peterborough. Labour has labelled the allegations "false and baseless".

Nice to see Labour associating with such people and when they do questions are naturally going to be asked.

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

what does that matter?

It matters because it's another lie you're telling to delegitimise an election result. 

Which is becoming quite a pattern of behaviour. 

20 minutes ago, Setton said:

It matters because it's another lie you're telling to delegitimise an election result. 

Which is becoming quite a pattern of behaviour. 

what lie? pray tell.

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

I just did. 

No you haven't. Why are you finding it so hard to be specific? 

7 hours ago, stevewinn said:

No you haven't. Why are you finding it so hard to be specific? 

including the local Labour member who as form - a convicted electoral fraudster, 

14 hours ago, Setton said:

Mahmood is not a member of the Labour Party. Which you know perfectly well. 

15 hours ago, Setton said:

oh stop being pedantic, He was there with Corbyn getting his photo taken before chaperoning Corbyn around the local mosques, was campaigning for Labour, was stood outside the counting station on the night with a Labour rosette on. but no siree he had no influence on the election.

As reported by The Times.

, a Sunday Times investigation has revealed that Tariq Mahmood, a convicted vote rigger, played a leading role in the party’s operation in the seat, which it won by fewer than 700 votes.

Activists on social media described him as the ‘mastermind’ of the campaign – despite is being expelled from Labour in 2008 after a court heard he was once at the centre of a ‘massive’ electoral fraud operation in this very constituency.

Now the police are reportedly investigating five separate allegations of electoral fraud, including one aimed at several men who apparently boasted on social media of burning over a thousand Brexit Party votes.

A police spokesman summarised the allegations as “bribery and corruption x1, postal votes x3 and breach of the privacy of votes x1

oh stop being pedantic, 

Then stop lying. If your claims had any merit, you should be able to justify them without resorting to yet more dishonesty. 

A police spokesman summarised the allegations as “bribery and corruption x1, postal votes x3 and breach of the privacy of votes x1

3 of which have already been thrown out. 

5 hours ago, Setton said:

Then stop lying. If your claims had any merit, you should be able to justify them without resorting to yet more dishonesty. 

3 of which have already been thrown out. 

So in your eyes he's not a Labour man because he's not carrying a membership card -  and you think im telling lies because i called him a Labour member, c'mon, he's a labour man through and through, as The Times reported he's the " mastermind’ of the (Labour) campaign  " campaigning for labour, chaperoning Corbyn around the local mosques garnering votes, wearing a Labour rosette. your naive in your interpretation and understanding.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

So in your eyes he's not a Labour man because he's not carrying a membership card -  and you think im telling lies because i called him a Labour member, c'mon, he's a labour man through and through, as The Times reported he's the " mastermind’ of the (Labour) campaign  " campaigning for labour, chaperoning Corbyn around the local mosques garnering votes, wearing a Labour rosette. your naive in your interpretation and understanding.  

Anyone can campaign for whoever they like. He is not a Labour member though and by claiming such you try to create the impression the Labour Party is fine with his past conviction. 

As usual, the truth doesn't work for you so you lie and twist to try and fool the ignorant. 

Unfortunately for you, the police will only care about the truth and all you'll have achieved is a lost election and damaged credibility. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Anyone can campaign for whoever they like. He is not a Labour member though and by claiming such you try to create the impression the Labour Party is fine with his past conviction. 

clearly... the Labour Party IS fine with his past conviction or Corbyn and Forbes wouldn't have
been so comfortable about being photographed with him... etc...

but they needed the Muslim vote to win the seat... and it looks like they needed him to help them
with that...

at the very least with promotion and encouragement to vote Labour...
(setting aside the possibility of the  fraud angle for now)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Setton said:

As usual, the truth doesn't work for you so you lie and twist to try and fool the ignorant. 

Unfortunately for you, the police will only care about the truth and all you'll have achieved is a lost election and damaged credibility. 

im not creating any impression Labour is fine with his past. Im telling you they are, how can you look at what's went on and think otherwise, you cant be that stupid.

As @bee said in her reply . " clearly... the Labour Party IS fine with his past conviction or Corbyn and Forbes wouldn't have
been so comfortable about being photographed with him... etc... " and i'll add to that, he was the one showing Corbyn around the local mosques and as The Times reported he was the master mind behind the Labour campaign in Peterborough. 

and im sorry but for your last line, unfortunately for me? this is not about me this is about the possibility of electoral fraud. and its not only the Police who want to know the truth WE ALL want to know the truth.

you seem to be upset that the allegations are being investigated, but these thing will happen when you have someone on twitter posting they burnt hundreds of ballot papers. or should we turn a blind eye, pretend it never happened.

there is still two investigations on going. that being 1) breach of the privacy of the vote and 2) the burning of ballots.

As I've said from the start, if there is no case to answer then so be it, but these are not some sore loser accusations the like we seen with Remain, these are serious allegations and need investigating regardless of Brexit. does Brexit even come into it? i don't think it does. Its nice of you the forums chief democracy denier to once again show your colours.

by the way how old are you?

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

you seem to be upset that the allegations are being investigated, but these thing will happen when you have someone on twitter posting they burnt hundreds of ballot papers. or should we turn a blind eye, pretend it never happened.

I have no issue with the allegations being investigated (other than the waste of limited police resources). The issue I have is with those like you and bee who take them as true by default simply because you want them to be. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

I have no issue with the allegations being investigated (other than the waste of limited police resources). The issue I have is with those like you and bee who take them as true by default simply because you want them to be. 

funny that.... because the issue I have with you is that you are in (calculated and deliberate) denial -
pretending there isn't a problem from the outset and minimizing the implications....

the Peterborough election was a crucial election in the political climate that exists at the moment -
the least the voters there should be able to rely on is an honest result... but there are questions
being raised about the integrity of the postal votes - and the high profile in the Labour Campaign
of a person convicted and imprisoned in the not so distant past for election fraud ... 

you are doing your best to hand wave away any suggestion that there could have been a 'problem'
with the integrity of the result - because the result was what you yourself wanted...

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Setton said:

the issue you have is you come out the blocks fighting for fighting sake,

speaking for myself when have i said their guilty. i think you'd find i said from the start if there's a case to answer so be it, if there isn't so be it, but once the allegations surfaced they needed investigating. then when we learn the role of a convicted fraudster for the labour party then eyebrows are raised. but still we await the police investigation and their findings. its a shame you couldn't have done the same. that's why i think in my very first post i asked you to remain neutral but you couldn't help yourself.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

the issue you have is you come out the blocks fighting for fighting sake,

speaking for myself when have i said their guilty. i think you'd find i said from the start if there's a case to answer so be it, if there isn't so be it, but once the allegations surfaced they needed investigating. then when we learn the role of a convicted fraudster for the labour party then eyebrows are raised. but still we await the police investigation and their findings. its a shame you couldn't have done the same. that's why i think in my very first post i asked you to remain neutral but you couldn't help yourself.

Are you trying to suggest Seton is a bit of a Brexit Snowflake?

He doesnt think logically, he has a reactive personality type lol.

• Haha 1

The two parties who are pledging to leave on Oct 31st with or without a deal are leading the polls. It's pretty clear the public still back Brexit. It's a shame people in this country are still attempting to do everything they can to thwart the will of people & subvert democracy.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

The two parties who are pledging to leave on Oct 31st with or without a deal are leading the polls. It's pretty clear the public still back Brexit. It's a shame people in this country are still attempting to do everything they can to thwart the will of people & subvert democracy.

Added together isn't that 44 percent against 49 percent ?

Or is the assumption that there may be some in the labor party that support brexit ?

11 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Added together isn't that 44 percent against 49 percent ?

Or is the assumption that there may be some in the labor party that support brexit ?

Add in the SNP and you've got more than 49% against. 

But the likes of Steve don't actually care what the majority want. They just want to use any avenue they can to bypass democracy and force through their own ideological vision. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Add in the SNP and you've got more than 49% against. 

But the likes of Steve don't actually care what the majority want. They just want to use any avenue they can to bypass democracy and force through their own ideological vision. 

No you haven't. Labour is divided on the issue. So you can't just lump their "20%" in the "remain" camp. 

In terms of official policy on Brexit, the Labour Party believes in a general election, followed by a general election or - failing that - a general election. It's all that Corbyn dreams about. (well.. that and Dianne Abbott). 

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

No you haven't. Labour is divided on the issue. So you can't just lump their "20%" in the "remain" camp. 

In terms of official policy on Brexit, the Labour Party believes in a general election, followed by a general election or - failing that - a general election. It's all that Corbyn dreams about. (well.. that and Dianne Abbott). 

I'm not lumping then in the remain camp, I'm lumping them in the 'no hard Brexit' camp. 

A no deal Brexit does not have the support of the people or Parliament. Which is why people like Steve and Boris are having to resort to bypassing the democratic process and to achieve their goal. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

I'm not lumping then in the remain camp, I'm lumping them in the 'no hard Brexit' camp. 

A no deal Brexit does not have the support of the people or Parliament. Which is why people like Steve and Boris are having to resort to bypassing the democratic process and to achieve their goal. 

The democratic process has been bypassed for the last three years. 

Come on, keep up. 

58 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

The democratic process has been bypassed for the last three years. 

Come on, keep up. 

How so? 

You may not have liked what happened but it followed the democratic process. 

Even if you (erroneously) believe otherwise, aren't you supposed to be defending it against the evil 'democracy deniers'*?

*democracy deniers here translates as 'anyone who dares to disagree with stevewinn.'

Edited by Setton

4 hours ago, Setton said:

"The People" voted for a no-deal Brexit !