Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Escalating Tariffs on Mexico - Do You Agree?

OverSword

Escalating Tariffs on Mexico - Do You Agree?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with President trumps escalating tariffs on Mexico in order to stop ilegal aliens from crossing the border?

• Yes, I agree. Mexico should be made to pay because Ilegals cost us money
    • No, I disagree. Tariffs only make things more expensive for consumers
    • Who cares? I'm moving to Canada.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:54 AM, RoofGardener said:

I suspect there is a soupcon of sarcasm in the above :D

But the point is... President Trump WON. He brought the Mexican government to the negotiating table, and hammered out a deal that protects the USA. 

Well Done Donald. 

The liberals will - of course - be furious, and find SOME way of denigrating him for it. No doubt it will turn out to be RACIST... or possibly influenced by THE RUSSIANS, or involve obstruction of justice. Or it will be fattening. Or SOMETHING. 

Yeah.  Got to admit the threat was effective.  Doesn't change the fact that tariffs suck. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:19 PM, Gromdor said:

Heh, now the news media is reporting that the terms he got were negotiated months ago.  https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/08/politics/nyt-trump-mexico-agreed-deal-months-ago/index.html

They are pretty much saying the tariff threats were just bluster he did to make him look tough to his supporters. 

Fake news. :lol:

On 6/8/2019 at 11:30 PM, bee said:

Isn't it more or less known now that CNN, NYT and all the rest who parrot them... are Globalist,
Corporatist Left Wing (maybe even Communist) owned and  controlled propaganda outlets.... ?....

It is less known and probably conservative fake news. .  In fact, FOX news is a major part of the MSM and they support the President.   They are owned by the same sorts of corporatist Globalist organizations.  They just happen to be a Right Wing (maybe even white supremacist) controlled propaganda outlet.

April 2019 Ratings: Fox News Marks 34 Consecutive Months as the Most-Watched Cable Network

The victim card doesn't work so well for the Conservatives when they have the big dog in the fight.  Conservatives are not innocent bystander victims , they are players in the game. 

Fox buries the bad things and spins the good ones.  CNN goes out and digs up those buried facts and spins it negatively.  

You get two choices:  COKE or PEPSi, competitors for sure but they also play off each other and boost each other's business. 

Both sides are manipulative and out to stuff their own pocketbooks.  Trump sells.  Doesn't matter if it is positive or negative, Trump sells.

• Like 2

Fox news is not white supremacist. They have lots of black anchors and pundits. Also, everyone seems to forget that it was a FOX anchor who kicked off the nasty questions in Trump's first debate.

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

They just happen to be a Right Wing (maybe even white supremacist) controlled propaganda outlet.

Did you really just say that?! So sad...so very sad....and wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

Fox news is not white supremacist. They have lots of black anchors and pundits. Also, everyone seems to forget that it was a FOX anchor who kicked off the nasty questions in Trump's first debate.

Fox is in their heads to stay...it's obvious that hearing a different viewpoint scares the pants off of them....and even more obvious they've never watched. I see both sides on Fox. For a long time the Dems were forbidden to go on air there but I see many bucking their orders these days. Nice to hear from more than Left pundits and more actual politicians.  One thing I can say is they always have both left and right and are respectful...something I don't see on other networks.

• Like 1

So nobody sees the link between assertions of communist owned and white supremascist owned?

It is obviously satirical.

Tatetopa is a fairly balanced poster who has chosen this point to provoke another poster who chose similar language to also provoke.

Why did some posters not see the comparative language?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

So nobody sees the link between assertions of communist owned and white supremascist owned?

Tatetopa is a fairly balanced poster who has chosen this point to provoke another poster who chose similar language to also provoke.

Maybe we did and chose to ignore it.  What's the point, to get into a flame war over which media is conservative and which is liberal.  It would be the same conversation that has gone on before.  Why bother?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe we did and chose to ignore it.  What's the point, to get into a flame war over which media is conservative and which is liberal.  It would be the same conversation that has gone on before.  Why bother?

I don’t get where you are going with this? It kind of hits exactly on my point.

Tatetopa’s main message was that Fox News is the highest rated most powerful news option in America for Americans but it appears to like to portray itself as a victim of the MSM when it is only the other side of the same MSM . 

No different just different voices and opinions, you can’t claim that CNN is part of a globalist conspiracy because it is part of the MSM and also claim that Fox News is not when it is also part of the MSM.

However instead of choosing to discuss the main points addressed, posters chose to take the one little satirical bit and discuss that out of context.

They showed that they had no problem with one side being slurred so long as it was not their side. It was evidence of partisan beliefs and oddly that was the minor point Tatetopa was trying to demonstrate with his sarcasm.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I don’t get where you are going with this? It kind of hits exactly on my point.

Tatetopa’s main message was that Fox News is the highest rated most powerful news option in America for Americans but it appears to like to portray itself as a victim of the MSM when it is only the other side of the same MSM . 

No different just different voices and opinions, you can’t claim that CNN is part of a globalist conspiracy because it is part of the MSM and also claim that Fox News is not when it is also part of the MSM.

However instead of choosing to discuss the main points addressed, posters chose to take the one little satirical bit and discuss that out of context.

They showed that they had no problem with one side being slurred so long as it was not their side. It was evidence of partisan beliefs and oddly that was the minor point Tatetopa was trying to demonstrate with his sarcasm.

So, the OP was about the threat of tariffs to Mexico and the effect of that.  Then when the news was released that the Mexican government will respond to requests to keep south american refugees from reaching the U.S. border to avert the tarrifs it became about the news media.  That is a no win conversation in my opinion.  They are all biased and they are all owned by the same three groups that meet once a week to decide how they are going to keep the sheep off balance this week.  "You run the story with this slant, I'll run it with the opposite slant and 'Joe' will ignore it and run some distracting story about something else"

Why bother discussing it, we all have our opinions and we all have our bias.  Why are you bothered by this?

Edited by Desertrat56
spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

In fact, FOX news is a major part of the MSM and they support the President.   They are owned by the same sorts of corporatist Globalist organizations.  They just happen to be a Right Wing (maybe even white supremacist) controlled propaganda outlet

:rolleyes: Naturally, yes; anything that doesn't shreik "Nazi! Nazi! Nazi" in a kneejerk pavlovian response every time they see a picture of the Big Orange Genius = White Supremacists. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Kismit said:

ah I see, it was Satirical was it. There ought to be a sort of thing like 

Spoiler

for Satire. :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

Who was saying something was communist owned? Were they talking about the BBC? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Why bother discussing it, we all have our opinions and we all have our bias.  Why are you bothered by this?

I was attempting to get posters to have a moments introspection. As part of Moderating the forum before it became a flame war. I guess it is part of the Moderating job. 

Can we get back on topic now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

In fact, FOX news is a major part of the MSM and they support the President.   They are owned by the same sorts of corporatist Globalist organizations.  They just happen to be a Right Wing (maybe even white supremacist) controlled propaganda outlet.

No.  They just saw a vast untapped market and exploited it.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I was attempting to get posters to have a moments introspection. As part of Moderating the forum before it became a flame war. I guess it is part of the Moderating job. 

Can we get back on topic now?

Please, and thank you for your work here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2019 at 11:30 PM, bee said:

Isn't it more or less known now that CNN, NYT and all the rest who parrot them... are Globalist,
Corporatist Left Wing (maybe even Communist) owned and  controlled propaganda outlets.... ?....

See this part here bolded?  Some people have no qualms about throwing out stuff like this.  "I don't like what these people say so they must be communists" , one of the worst insults a libertarian or conservative could fling.

4 hours ago, F3SS said:

Fox news is not white supremacist.

I don't really think they are, but you fly up in high anger when somebody insults your favorite station.  And yet you believe that the other side are unqualified liars  and communists. Why are you so certain and smug that you have all the answers and bear none of the misinformation?

Neither side is the benchmark for truth.  Both sides spin in the direction they want to shape the story. 

FOX does have a wider spectrum of news shows I sure will give that..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

See this part here bolded?  Some people have no qualms about throwing out stuff like this.  "I don't like what these people say so they must be communists" , one of the worst insults a libertarian or conservative could fling.

I don't really think they are, but you fly up in high anger when somebody insults your favorite station.  And yet you believe that the other side are unqualified liars  and communists. Why are you so certain and smug that you have all the answers and bear none of the misinformation?

Neither side is the benchmark for truth.  Both sides spin in the direction they want to shape the story. 

FOX does have a wider spectrum of news shows I sure will give that..

I did not fly into high anger and also did not intend for it to be or expect it to escalate into a flame war as Kismit said. Let's not exaggerate my position here. I didn't realize you were responding to bee but either way it was just conversation. Sheesh you guys.

On 6/9/2019 at 2:19 AM, Gromdor said:

Heh, now the news media is reporting that the terms he got were negotiated months ago.  https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/08/politics/nyt-trump-mexico-agreed-deal-months-ago/index.html

They are pretty much saying the tariff threats were just bluster he did to make him look tough to his supporters. 

Simples. 

CNN is lying.. or at least, promulgating lies. The terms of THIS deal where NOT "negotiated" months ago. They may have been DISCUSSED, but they where NOT a "done deal". 

They ARE a "done deal" NOW, thanks to Donald Trump. 

Deal with it :D 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, F3SS said:

I did not fly into high anger and also did not intend for it to be or expect it to escalate into a flame war as Kismit said. Let's not exaggerate my position here. I didn't realize you were responding to bee but either way it was just conversation. Sheesh you guys.

Thanks I know what you are saying.  For my part, I shouldn't say things to tweak sombody's tail if I don't really believe them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

:rolleyes: Naturally, yes; anything that doesn't shreik "Nazi! Nazi! Nazi" in a kneejerk pavlovian response every time they see a picture of the Big Orange Genius = White Supremacists. 

https://nation.foxnews.com/the-fuhrman-diaries/

In 1995, Fuhrman was called to testify regarding his discovery of evidence in the Simpson case, including a bloody glove recovered at Simpson's estate. Fuhrman was known to have used a racist epithet toward African Americans during the early 1980s but claimed on the stand that he had not used that term in the last ten years. Simpson's defense team produced recorded interviews with Fuhrman and witnesses showing that he had repeatedly used racist language during this period.[2] Later (with the jury absent), when asked under oath whether he had planted or manufactured evidence in the case, Fuhrman invoked his Fifth Amendment right and declined to answer. According to the defense, this raised the possibility that Fuhrman had planted key evidence as part of a racially motivated plot against Simpson. The audiotape proving that Fuhrman perjured himself — thereby undermining the credibility of the prosecution — has been cited as one reason Simpson was acquitted.[3]

Just sayin.

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Oh yes, it's hilarious the way the C-mm-e word is used for anyone who doesn't believe that the US is the most perfect system that could possibly be because it was put in place by God and it has a divinely ordained responsibility to impose Freedom and Democracy by military force on any country that doesn't see things the same way it does. Even the current Pope is called the "Commie Pope" in some circles, because he seems to believe that the world could be more just than it is. Exactly the same as the  way the word "fascist " or "Nazi" by people on the other side of the argument. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

thanks to Donald Trump. 

I've got a little sign saying that on my front lawn.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

don't want to go too off topic but want to respond to this bit....  I didn't just 'throw it out' because I don't
like the controlled (bought) Media... I am seriously starting to wonder if there is a vein of some kind of
neo communism (Globalism appears to a form of modern international communism) that has infiltrated
all the institutions that hold power and glue the USA together.. (not just the USA but that's what we're
talking about here...

The ex head of the CIA, John Brennan, voted for a communist candidate to stand for president in his 
younger days,,, 

https://www.newsweek.com/brennan-communist-obama-clearance-pirro-1075183

apparently although Trump ordered that his security clearance be removed this hasn't happened...
and the order has so far been ignored... ?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/06/05/rand_paul_the_deep_state_is_protecting_their_own_not_listening_to_presidents_orders.html

and James Comey... ex head of the FBI... was connected to communism in some way in HIS younger days..

https://spectator.org/comey-was-a-commie/

Now this might just be some kind of 'coincidence' but remember the huge spy scandal in Britain in the
early part of the last century and WW2....... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Five

Kim Philby even became the head of MI6 counter intelligence.... the men were recruited when they were
at Cambridge University and interested in communism.... they were groomed to be spies and had to drop
anything to do with communism and get themselves into useful positions to do their work for the then
Soviet Union.... 

Don't want to go on about it here... and maybe Brennan and Comey did leave communism behind...
BUT... maybe they didn't...

This is just one example of what prompted me to make the remark that I did - one remark that you
jumped on and then there was a bit of a kerfuffle....