Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Author says Ed and Lorraine Warren are frauds

stereologist

On 6/3/2019 at 2:51 PM, moonman said:

So Annabelle won't actually try to kill me if I'm left alone in a room with it?

annabellecomp_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.gif.d4fff04f907849585d85d097dfa29773.gif

actual alleged haunted annabelle doll left, movie version right,  yeah, i wouldn't wanna be in a room alone with the first one, the second is just a rip of tiffany....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khazarkhum said:

I'm not sure quite why you are so interested in the obituary of someone who was only marginally involved in the mess.  I'm just amazed at how long the Warrens were able to keep  their fraud spinning along. Sure, there's a lot of credulous people out there, but--finding demons everywhere? I mean, seriously now. Shouldn't they have encountered at least an angelic being or three? I'm not saying encounter an archangel like Michael or Gabriel, but maybe a cherub or two protecting a family?

He was named as the person that first saw things. 

The Warrens were running classes for demon hunting. 

Interesting idea that they did not find nice entities. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

He was named as the person that first saw things. 

The Warrens were running classes for demon hunting. 

Interesting idea that they did not find nice entities. 

I'm going to play my favorite game here, which has 1 simple rule. I call it, "What are the odds?" In this case, what are the odds that every single place they go is demonic? Really? Those odds must be astronomical. Did they have pet demons that traveled everywhere with them? Or did they make a deal with Satan and/or Bahamat, promising to deliver souls in exchange for publication rights and royalties?

That's assuming, of course, that their sessions were bone fide and not them talking out their asses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's assuming, of course, that their sessions were bone fide and not them talking out their asses

:yes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This p***es me off to no end! I am so angry.

I love the conjuring and it is one of my fav films!
I think I want my money back. Those movies scared me even more

as they were said to be based on a true story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LostSouls7 said:

This p***es me off to no end! I am so angry.

I love the conjuring and it is one of my fav films!
I think I want my money back. Those movies scared me even more

as they were said to be based on a true story.

i do understand going in thinking a horror film like conjuring was real and then learn its not might could be a blow, but its a scary story

so let it still be a fav film, the fear and and enjoyment you got from it is still yours still real.

ive had films i like "Mask" about rocky dennis was one, i had no idea it was only about 5% factual until i got hooked up on the net, and i still like it, perhaps from a bit different viewpoint, i have a lot of films like that, and i had enjoyment leaening the real story about dennis.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

:hmm:

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

I'm not saying I believe the Warren's were frauds, but it wouldn't surprise me to be honest.  They found a niche area to make money in and went for it.  They were certainly an odd couple and really inserted themselves into as many paranormal situations as possible, which obviously led to them becoming the leading experts in their field.  But like I mentioned earlier, it wouldn't surprise me if they were simply out to make a buck or two and hit the jackpot in a way.  :)

23 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I'm not saying I believe the Warren's were frauds, but it wouldn't surprise me to be honest.  They found a niche area to make money in and went for it.  They were certainly an odd couple and really inserted themselves into as many paranormal situations as possible, which obviously led to them becoming the leading experts in their field.  But like I mentioned earlier, it wouldn't surprise me if they were simply out to make a buck or two and hit the jackpot in a way.  :)

read the raped by a demon link posted eariler and here,

http://nostalgiaskeptic.blogspot.com/2016/08/i-was-raped-by-demon-ed-and-lorraine.html?m=1

thats not hyped up, they were frauds

and

https://centerforinquiry.org/conferences/csicon/2016/interview-nickell.html

Edited by the13bats
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...