Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs exist, but that doesn't mean 'Aliens' do

Still Waters

The term "UFO" automatically triggers derision in most quarters of polite society.

One of Christopher Buckley's better satires, "Little Green Men", is premised on a George F. Will-type pundit thinking that he has been abducted by aliens, with amusing results. UFOs have historically been associated with crackpot ideas like Big Foot or conspiracy theories involving crop circles.

The obvious reason for this is that the term "UFO" is usually assumed to be a synonym for "extraterrestrial life." If you think about it, this is odd. UFO literally stands for "unidentified flying object."

https://www.sciencealert.com/ufos-exist-and-everyone-needs-to-adjust-to-that-fact

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

IMO the 'F' in UFO (in most cases where something is really there) will probably stand for 'Floating'

• Like 3

"UFO"

thats the huge issue with some of the dear true believers of exterrestrial life,  some thing is up in the air that is unknown they do not try to figure iut what it really is but rather they make a jump not to the logical "unexplained" explanation but rather "we saw something in the sky we dont know what it is so it must be an alien craft"

you cant reach a conculsions from "i dont know" but they do, and to me it hurts the real research into the subject of UfOs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

"UFO"

thats the huge issue with some of the dear true believers of exterrestrial life,  some thing is up in the air that is unknown they do not try to figure iut what it really is but rather they make a jump not to the logical "unexplained" explanation but rather "we saw something in the sky we dont know what it is so it must be an alien craft"

you cant reach a conculsions from "i dont know" but they do, and to me it hurts the real research into the subject of UfOs.

"we saw something in the sky we dont know what it is so it must be an alien craft"

Thus the play on the "argument from ignorance".

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Thus the play on the "argument from ignorance".

exactly, i just read your great post over in the other thread about this very idea.

• Thanks 1

I just have a bare amount of knowledge about the ET's and their interstellar flying machines that occasionally visit our planet; but that hasn't driven me away from having a deep, abiding respect and love for them.

Edited by Erno86
added a word
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Erno86 said:

I just have a bare amount of knowledge about the ET's and their interstellar flying machines that occasionally visit our planet; but that hasn't driven me away from having a deep respect and love for them.

Say what!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Erno86 said:

I just have a bare amount of knowledge about the ET's and their interstellar flying machines that occasionally visit our planet; but that hasn't driven me away from having a deep, abiding respect and love for them.

and it begains again....

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Erno86 said:

That was some lovely trolling right there, LMAO.  With that sort of positive attitude you might just land some of that extraterrestrial probing you are so obviously angling for. 

#Humanbuttsmatter #Stopmutilatingmycattle

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

That was some lovely trolling right there, LMAO.  With that sort of positive attitude you might just land some of that extraterrestrial probing you are so obviously angling for. 

#Humanbuttsmatter #Stopmutilatingmycattle

With that sort of positive attitude you might just land some of that extraterrestrial probing you are so obviously angling for. 

Yeah..They always do the sex experiments......:lol:

• Haha 2

I believe in UFO's, but I think it has to due with secret military weaponry. We already have lasers and cloaking devices. So I don't put it past the military to develop such things. The reason they keep it secret is so other nations get a hold of them. It does not mean they are hiding aliens or that aliens are involved. 

• Like 2

I'm not going to renounce my U.S citizenship --- nor am I planning to --- but since I don't adhere to any present U.S. military and economic policy...I've thrown in my cards as a total supporter & follower of the E.T. aliens that occasionally visit our planet.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Erno86 said:

I'm not going to renounce my U.S citizenship --- nor am I planning to --- but since I don't adhere to any present U.S. military and economic policy...I've thrown in my cards as a total supporter & follower of the E.T. aliens that occasionally visit our planet.

I've thrown in my cards as a total supporter & follower of the E.T. aliens that occasionally visit our planet.

There is no evidence that aliens are visiting Earth...

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I believe in UFO's, but I think it has to due with secret military weaponry. We already have lasers and cloaking devices. So I don't put it past the military to develop such things. The reason they keep it secret is so other nations get a hold of them. It does not mean they are hiding aliens or that aliens are involved. 

Lasers as far as for weapons application is still years away and there are no "cloaking" devices. However, you are very right in the assessment of the military being very careful to protect special projects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2019 at 9:51 AM, Trelane said:

Lasers as far as for weapons application is still years away and there are no "cloaking" devices. However, you are very right in the assessment of the military being very careful to protect special projects.

Well, we sort of do have cloaking devices, at least in development... LINK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2019 at 12:01 PM, Erno86 said:

Which ET's and what flying machines? That would be none to both questions.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Proving UFOs is simple. Proving who is controlling them... not so much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Proving UFOs is simple. Proving who is controlling them... not so much.

by defination anything in the air could rightly be called a UFO, no debate there.

but if one proved who is controlling said UFO its now "identified" and by definition no longer a UFO, IE balloon launch ( no control needed ) or kid with walmart drone.

what has never been proven not once is any craft in the sky was controlled by extraterrestrials, sure true believers will post their claims and beliefs as proof but no, we have never been offered proof that aliens fly our friendly skies....

• Like 1

I came to this forum as a believer and It changed me. :o Now I am more prone to believe that they never visited us. Well, I guess that I was never a true believer...they never lose faith.

Good point OP. The question "do you believe in UFOs" is ridiculous.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I came to this forum as a believer and It changed me. :o Now I am more prone to believe that they never visited us. Well, I guess that I was never a true believer...they never lose faith.

Good point OP. The question "do you believe in UFOs" is ridiculous.

Believing in UFOs is one thing we know they are up there..The debate is not so much about UFOs as it is people believing they are controlled by aliens when there is no proof of that.

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 9:19 AM, Alien Origins said:

Believing in UFOs is one thing we know they are up there..The debate is not so much about UFOs as it is people believing they are controlled by aliens when there is no proof of that.

What about the alien microchip they found in Napoleon Bonaparte's skull? LINK 

Spoiler

it's a trap... I mean hoax.

In any case, humans have been dabbling in electronic mind control since the 1930s LINK

Do you have a roll of tinfoil handy? LINK

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, Minimalists said:

Almost perfectly put.  It's how this is worded:  "is not so much about UFOs as it is people".  It's not about people, or shouldn't be.  It's simply trying to find what is behind the UFOs that are all over the globe, who controls them?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Almost perfectly put.  It's how this is worded:  "is not so much about UFOs as it is people".  It's not about people, or shouldn't be.  It's simply trying to find what is behind the UFOs that are all over the globe, who controls them?

Who knows? Speculation is all we have....No proof of anything else.

• Thanks 1