Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs exist, but that doesn't mean 'Aliens' do

Still Waters

On 6/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, Minimalists said:

Believing in UFOs is one thing we know they are up there..The debate is not so much about UFOs as it is people believing they are controlled by aliens when there is no proof of that.

really is put perfectly, there is zero proof any ufos are alien craft the fact is when true believers insist things like proven lenes flares are not camera artifacts or even "just" in their gullible wrong opinions UFOs but jump to it must be alien craft and insist most UFOs are alien craft and are close minded to any other options it does create a stigma that scientists or even just rational hobbyists dont want to get involved in.

if biases, agendas and egos could be left behind and the investigation of UFOs started with no preconceived outcome IE alien craft perhaps some things in the sky could get explained.

how many times has a great mind on this very forum presented evidence, facts and information to beyond reasonable doubt prove a UFO being hailed as proof of aliens was in fact some down to earth prosiac thing,

then the dear true believer attacks with ad hominem insults and tantrums, that doesnt help anything, if a person disagrees great...prove your point with data not insults and trolling.

it is very much about the people.

• Thanks 1

On 02/06/2019 at 7:08 PM, the13bats said:

"UFO"

thats the huge issue with some of the dear true believers of exterrestrial life,  some thing is up in the air that is unknown they do not try to figure iut what it really is but rather they make a jump not to the logical "unexplained" explanation but rather "we saw something in the sky we dont know what it is so it must be an alien craft"

you cant reach a conculsions from "i dont know" but they do, and to me it hurts the real research into the subject of UfOs.

So true.

If the believers thought about the term UFO and what some claim, it does not make any sense.

If an alleged abductee claims to have been whisked away in an UFO  and probed etc,  then how could it be a UFO anymore.

Those who say they saw a UFO can not claim it is an alien craft as well as using the term unidentified,  because they have claimed to have identify it, but their problem is, they can never prove it is an alien craft.

They can not have it both ways. You either see an alien craft, or you see something you can not identify, = UFO.

Speculation does not equal.to visiting aliens, but speculating they are is being ignorant of anything else,  something we have seen on here many times by believers, whom even after being shown the Earth bound possibilities, (in some cases exactly whst it is they saw ) still insist its aliens. 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, the13bats said:

how many times has a great mind on this very forum presented evidence, facts and information to beyond reasonable doubt prove a UFO being hailed as proof of aliens was in fact some down to earth prosiac thing,

Exactly, therefore solving the unidentified theory by an explanation, but the believers still will not have it. 

I do think some do get it, they are the ones who throw a tantrum and then disappear.

Maybe they think if they argue with us for a bit and then go and do not come back, we will believe they have been abducted by the alleged aliens. :rolleyes:

(I sometimes wish they had been) 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Exactly, therefore solving the unidentified theory by an explanation, but the believers still will not have it. 

I do think some do get it, they are the ones who throw a tantrum and the disappear.

Maybe they think if they argue with us for a bit and then go and do not come back, we will believe they have been abducted by the alleged aliens. :rolleyes:

(I sometimes wish they had been) 

the only reason this subject still exists is because there's a handful of celebrities who earn a nice little wadge of cash from it..

if alien/ unknown entities were really here- we would know it as fact by now! simple basic logic & common sense- is it not?;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

the only reason this subject still exists is because there's a handful of celebrities who earn a nice little wadge of cash from it..

No completely, there are also many whom actually believe in it.

We also have numerous wannabe celebs thanks to you tube.

These wannabe celebs can not even capture a desent video of a blooming helicopter, yet they think they are the next Steven Spielberg

12 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

if alien/ unknown entities were really here- we would know it as fact by now! simple basic logic & common sense- is it not?;)

Yes, especially as we have known about DNA for a good few years now.

As far as i am aware, no one has been found to have alien DNA or have been biologically not human,  no doubt the believer is going to try and say it is because the aliens are all law abiding citizens and all so healthy that they have never been arrested or have never had a blood test with a doctor.

And then ofcourse we have no proof of landing alien crafts.

If aliens did come here it would have had to have been within the time we had evolved into modern day man and i wonder how they would have decided on which race they would be? 

Let alone where did they park theiir craft as they did not go back?

• Thanks 2

this whole "UFO"  means "alien craft" to simply too many people is a huge hurdle and stigma,  its to the point i do not believe it can be salvaged.

the dear true believers by defination believe, i really think most know they are without proof or evidence, ego takes over, im sure you have seen some of the empty spewing of how this or that is undeniable proof of aliens followed by the insults tossed at anyone who doesnt agree with their delusions 100%.

i have been scolded for posting my opinion, and told in so many words i was too blunt, i do not have a list of each persons skin thickness to gauge who blunt i should or shouldnt be, but wait why should my opinion matter at all to a person comfortable in their beliefs.

you mention crap videos, we have two threads running now of alleged creatures one of dobby the elf the other of a lake monster, both are good enough we can see a subject but thats it, and both are situations that should have been exposed.

if i go fake a "UFO" video then after DTBs hail it as alien craft proof i show how i faked it they will scream conspiracy, cover up, im droning on but my point is there is always an answer the total lack of proof doesnt sway the beliefs of the blind true believer...ps..."knower" is just a more pompous more arrogant true believer, knowers lack all proof too.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

i have been scolded for posting my opinion, and told in so many words i was too blunt

We are not open minded is another one. 

Well i have seen enough open minded believers to confidently say as they opened their minds, everyrhing fell out.

• Like 2

It freekin' amazes me at the vitriol, the ridicule, and even anger that rolls off the fingertips of you NeverUFOers in here, all over someone's *opinion*. Get a life, will ya?

BTW, I am not a true believer, I'm a knower (of UFOs, not Aliens). And trust, me, you'll never bark me away from the truth, try as you might.

Just now, Minimalists said:

And what truth is that @Earl.Of.Trumps ? Truth is there are UFOs. Whats not true is that they have been proven to be from another planet. 

That's true. They could actually be, as I believe, long time residents of this planet, coming here who-knows-when after their own planet became unlivable.

But Minimalist, just getting some in here to admit EXISTENCE is like splitting the atom, for gawd's sake.  Look at the evidence of the intelligently constructed and flown UFOs that were told to us by the USS Navy (USS Princeton/ Nimitz). Somebody in here posted a link to skeptic.com (Shermer) that basically said that the Navy did not know how to interpret the findings of their upgraded radar hardware... and everyone went "YAY"!!  They friggin' *believe* it!   15 years AFTER the incident and US Military intel still can't figure out that they don't know how to read their own data, there were NO UFOs,  and they *believe* this tripe!  This sceptic blogger, Shermer, must make a lot of money off of desperate gullible people. That's all I can say

7 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

It freekin' amazes me at the vitriol, the ridicule, and even anger that rolls off the fingertips of you NeverUFOers in here, all over someone's *opinion*. Get a life, will ya?

BTW, I am not a true believer, I'm a knower (of UFOs, not Aliens). And trust, me, you'll never bark me away from the truth, try as you might.

relax, you dont need to always troll the insults at people who disagree with you , but i do not think anyone i have seen post on here not believe there are UFOs "unidentified flying objects" in our friendly skies, what people here do disagree on is the explanations of these UFOs,

and keep in mind if its a bird, plane or superman its no longer "unidentified" so no longer a UFO.

it takes a lack of logic and rational thinking to jump to a conclusion from unknown sure people can have opinions and theories in trying to indentify a UFO and perhaps guess and speculate its aliens, or time travelers or whatever but with no proof and no evidence all it is is belief.

Edited by the13bats
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

relax, you dont need to always troll the insults at people who disagree with you , but i do not think anyone i have seen post on here not believe there are UFOs "unidentified flying objects" in our friendly skies, what people here do disagree on is the explanations of these UFOs,

and keep in mind if its a bird, plane or superman its no longer "unidentified" so no longer a UFO.

it takes a lack of logic and rational thinking to jump to a conclusion from unknown sure people can have opinions and theories in trying to indentify a UFO and perhaps guess and speculate its aliens, or time travelers or whatever but with no proof and no evidence all it is is belief.

No it's little old me Underdog.....:) And here's a great in depth article:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28231/multiple-f-a-18-pilots-disclose-recent-ufos-encounters-new-radar-tech-key-in-detection

Edited by Minimalists

50 minutes ago, Minimalists said:

i tried to stay focused but his repetitive go nowhere writing style and my ADD is a poor mix at best,

so my take away, unidentifed craft were in our airspace, hanging out hours, days, as the article stated, i wont even ask right now is this just a "story" with no proof, i will skip for now asking for what should be albums filled with great pics and video of the craft, and jump right to why werent these alleged objects intercepted and identified, isnt this a huge breech of the nations security?