Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please stop bombing Syrian hospitals

Eldorado

"Dozens of prominent doctors have called for urgent action to halt the bombing campaign by Syrian and Russian planes that has targeted more than 20 hospitals in Syria’s north-west, putting many out of action and leaving millions of people without proper healthcare.

"Coordinates for many of those hit had been shared with the regime and its Russian backers by the United Nations in an effort to protect civilians.

"The Syrian opposition were promised war planes would avoid identified sites on bombing raids; instead they have endured more than a month of fierce attacks."

Full report at the UK Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/02/doctors-global-appeal-stop-syria-bombing-hospitals-idlib

"The Syrian government and Russia have in the last month bombed eight hospitals in the rebel stronghold of Idlib whose coordinates were shared with Moscow in the hope of preventing such attacks, doctors say.

"The United Nations gave the GPS locations supplied by NGOs operating in Idlib to Russia as part of a “deconfliction mechanism”."

Full report at the UK Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/30/syria-russia-bomb-hospitals-idlib-given-coordinates-hope-preventing/

• Sad 3

Brought to you by the same mindset that created anti-personnel mines that looked like toys.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, and then said:

Brought to you by the same mindset that created anti-personnel mines that looked like toys.

And here they are here...

"PFM-1 was mainly used during the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan, resulting in a high number of casualties among children since it was often mistaken for a toy due to its shape and coloring.  As the mine exploded, it often resulted in hand and head trauma, which was frequently lethal."

Full monty at Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFM-1

• Like 1

The Russians have a culture of brutality.  Strength is everything to them.  Losing 20 million citizens will do that for a nation, I guess.  But it doesn't excuse brutality just for the sake of being brutal.  Things like bombing hospitals and bread queues are effective, I'm sure, but it also shows an absolute lack of human compassion on any level.  It occurred to me that modern Russia is more like ancient Rome than America is, at least with respect to war-making.  The Pax Romana brought good things to the vanquished but those who continued to resist were simply eliminated.  JMO... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I read a few of the comments.  The depth of sheer hatred for this man is astounding.  Those who support him are just average Americans trying to live life yet there seem to be millions of others that would do damned near anything to hurt or remove him.  What am I missing?  When did otherwise intelligent people become so influenced by the media?  People who continually chant a position without any reference to its validity are either juvenile or morons.  I'm actually concerned that if he wins in 2020, he's going to be in real danger from some of this hatred.

3 hours ago, and then said:

I read a few of the comments.  The depth of sheer hatred for this man is astounding.  Those who support him are just average Americans trying to live life yet there seem to be millions of others that would do damned near anything to hurt or remove him.  What am I missing?  When did otherwise intelligent people become so influenced by the media?  People who continually chant a position without any reference to its validity are either juvenile or morons.  I'm actually concerned that if he wins in 2020, he's going to be in real danger from some of this hatred.

I don't think it's so much that many people ''hate Trump'' in this case, but rather don't like hypocrisy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/us/politics/trump-veto-yemen.html

Edited by crookedspiral