Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Internet demands a reality TV show

Kismit

It’s very interesting that, despite having increased access to information, so many Flat Earthers have shunned facts and logic in favor of one of the most strange and elaborate conspiracy theories in the history of conspiracy theories.

https://ascienceenthusiast.com/internet-demands-reality-tv-show-flat-earthers-search-edge-world/

personally I love this idea. 

• Like 1

They would probably refuse to participate, stating that the search would be too dangerous .... which it probably would be. Unless they did it from a plane, I suppose.

Elon Musk should finance trip to orbit for leading figures of that society. Or even governments could finance it. Thing is that if this is becoming sort of mainstream story which gets so much attention i wonder why is nothing done to educate people?

If the energy about aliens, illuminati or flat Earth was used on something else people would not be getting dumber over time. By doing another ''reality'' BS show it will just increase popularity of community in question. ''Look, they're on TV''. ''It's finally viral''. ''Stop lies, Earth is indeed flat, time  of revelation is coming''. Oh, and who is ''the internet'' from the article? The same ''guy'' as ''the public'' or ''fans'' from some other articles :D 

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

It’s very interesting that, despite having increased access to information, so many Flat Earthers have shunned facts and logic in favor of one of the most strange and elaborate conspiracy theories in the history of conspiracy theories.

https://ascienceenthusiast.com/internet-demands-reality-tv-show-flat-earthers-search-edge-world/

I dont think the link is working

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

If I were working on a Grad Thesis in Psychology or Sociology, I'd try to develop an understanding that the access to instant communication over vast areas and diverse cultures has created a kind of psychotic break - for lack of a more precise description.  I assume we were slipping into this pattern prior to 2016 but with the media overload against Trump, it seems to have accelerated the demise of objective reality in the minds of those who interact online.  I'm doing a poor job of explaining the idea but essentially I believe we are living in an age where truth, facts, and objectivity are no longer the standards for belief.  Instead, we decide to believe a thing and dare others to prove we're wrong.  

That is fundamentally unhealthy for our nation and our world.  Some things are really bad and really serious, whether we choose to believe that or not.  Denial doesn't insulate from destruction.