Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Fairy Whisperers' claim to see fairies

Still Waters

3 minutes ago, moonman said:

That doesn't answer the question.

Well in that case the answer is that's what they would have to deal with anyway and going on TV dressed as a fairy may even (but I doubt it would) cause more people to be aware of it and take it seriously.

25 minutes ago, OverSword said:

But it's pretty obvious that they don't expect or care if, others believe what they believe or even believe them.

I sensed some concern towards connecting with those open to hearing more.

They are also intelligent plenty to know the general spectrum of society’s thoughts and are not going to get worked up over changing the world either.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I sensed some concern towards connecting with those open to hearing more.

They are also intelligent plenty to know the general spectrum of society’s thoughts and are not going to get worked up over changing the world either.

Yes.  If they do get bothered about it then they probably are unstable but I didn't get that sense from these ladies. 

• Like 1

They were talking about fairy doors and so I googled them and found some on amazon.  I may get one to put in a tree in the park across the street from my place.

91fQzkblE0L._SX450_.jpg

• Haha 1

I didn't watch, but at least these three don't think they ARE fairies like the one who believes she's an elf. I worry that the truly delusional ... I'm a mermaid trapped in a human body  .... don't get the help they need. A mermaid or an elf is all cutesy,  but if they believed they were werewolves and started killing and eating people it wouldn't be considered "cute". Or if they thought they could walk off a tall building because their fairy friends will carry them gently to the ground..that's problematic. The level of delusion should be assessed. For the record, I think that if someone goes to a fortune teller for fun that's one thing but if they start living their lives by what a fortune teller tells them that's also detrimental/delusional behaviour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skliss said:

I didn't watch, but at least these three don't think they ARE fairies like the one who believes she's an elf. I worry that the truly delusional ... I'm a mermaid trapped in a human body  .... don't get the help they need. A mermaid or an elf is all cutesy,  but if they believed they were werewolves and started killing and eating people it wouldn't be considered "cute". Or if they thought they could walk off a tall building because their fairy friends will carry them gently to the ground..that's problematic. The level of delusion should be assessed. For the record, I think that if someone goes to a fortune teller for fun that's one thing but if they start living their lives by what a fortune teller tells them that's also detrimental/delusional behaviour.

I wonder if people like that are in a stage of arrested development? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's possible, but as long as it's PC to indulge rather than recognize issues and treat them we'll never know. My friend worked as a secretary in an outpatient mental health facility and they had several instances of tragedy occurring when people were thought to have a harmless condition and then went off the rails. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moonman said:

How fun is it when something real and serious happens to you, but no one believes you because you're just one of those "fairy nuts"?

Not sure what kind of situation that would be....
Like why would people not believe someone about being robbed or threatened only because they like to play pretend with fairies?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

they stole this bit from true blood.

a few things come to mind, about 20 years back a fellow who was at least 45 50 then was a regular at "the castle" a ybor city goth club,  he dressed like peter pan with a page boy haircut, he was on a few talk shows,  the few times i tried to be cordial he was an arrogant, pompous ass to me.

i have a slow minded and now under treatment buddy who dressed as a pirate for years, he knew a group who didnt just dress but thought they were pirates, the leader told me he was a descendent of capt morgan, i laughed in his face, i know, rude of me.

34 minutes ago, skliss said:

It's possible, but as long as it's PC to indulge rather than recognize issues and treat them we'll never know. My friend worked as a secretary in an outpatient mental health facility and they had several instances of tragedy occurring when people were thought to have a harmless condition and then went off the rails. 

this is the real issue, i have seen people who likely needed mental health treatment reach out for help, and some irresponsible true believer allow their own huge fragile ego to tell this person to seek a phychic not a doctor, now if that person comes to harm or dies i place a fair lot of blame on that true believer, and it happens right here on this forum,

a persons delusions and fantasies are fine go nuts ( not pun intended ) with your woowoo but not if it hurts others,

Edited by the13bats
typo
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

papageorge not surprised you find my reply funny you are one who does suggest careless things to people, and i wonder would you loose a moments sleep if someone you talked out of a dr and into a  paranormal supernatural treatment was hurt or killed from your bad advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

It seems like UM has much softer reactions when it's a group of attractive women :rolleyes: lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It seems like UM has much softer reactions when it's a group of attractive women :rolleyes: lol

ive seen it before, the amount and type of furor varies with who is receiving it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

ive seen it before, the amount and type of furor varies with who is receiving it.

Imagine if it was three fat fellows with neckbeards.

I can't help but predict there would be different reactions lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, the13bats said:

papageorge not surprised you find my reply funny you are one who does suggest careless things to people, and i wonder would you loose a moments sleep if someone you talked out of a dr and into a  paranormal supernatural treatment was hurt or killed from your bad advice.

Oh please. LOL. Never talked anyone out of a doctor that seem to need one. I tend not to consider possible paranormal experiences as a sign of mental illness all the time either. I’ll often tend to the side of caution.

These ladies are normal as far as I am concerned.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i wonder would you loose a moments sleep if someone you talked out of a dr and into a  paranormal supernatural treatment was hurt or killed from your bad advice.

He's already done this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Oh please. LOL. Never talked anyone out of a doctor that seem to need one. I tend not to consider possible paranormal experiences as a sign of mental illness all the time either. I’ll often tend to the side of caution.

:rolleyes:

well then keep up the good work :tu:

Edited by the13bats

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You need your memory checked. I do recall you telling a woman to get a psychic to help her sick mother. If that's not bad advice, I don't know what is. Why do you think you and I have a problem. In all honestly I hope her mother is doing well. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, the13bats said:

they stole this bit from true blood.

a few things come to mind, about 20 years back a fellow who was at least 45 50 then was a regular at "the castle" a ybor city goth club,  he dressed like peter pan with a page boy haircut, he was on a few talk shows,  the few times i tried to be cordial he was an arrogant, pompous ass to me.

i have a slow minded and now under treatment buddy who dressed as a pirate for years, he knew a group who didnt just dress but thought they were pirates, the leader told me he was a descendent of capt morgan, i laughed in his face, i know, rude of me.

this is the real issue, i have seen people who likely needed mental health treatment reach out for help, and some irresponsible true believer allow their own huge fragile ego to tell this person to seek a phychic not a doctor, now if that person comes to harm or dies i place a fair lot of blame on that true believer, and it happens right here on this forum,

a persons delusions and fantasies are fine go nuts ( not pun intended ) with your woowoo but not if it hurts others,

Thats extremely funny with the goth guy i was in my teens into the scene and used to go goth clubs  and i dont think i have ever met so many arrogant pompous idiots eventually i stopt going and Dj ing at alternative clubs.

Edited by Impedancer
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

You need your memory checked. I do recall you telling a woman to get a psychic to help her sick mother. If that's not bad advice, I don't know what is. Why do you think you and I have a problem. In all honestly I hope her mother is doing well. 

Duh, I would never dissuade medical care where indicated.

• Haha 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Duh, I would never dissuade medical care where indicated.

tenor.gif?itemid=8872690

Guess I need to go spelunking through the forum for that thread.:tu:

Because as I remember you hopped on that paranormal bandwagon and road it all the way. You went straight for the paranormal and didn't let up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8872690

Guess I need to go spelunking through the forum for that thread.:tu:

Because as I remember you hopped on that paranormal bandwagon and road it all the way. You went straight for the paranormal and didn't let up. 

I’m sure I was reasonable 

• Haha 2

Remember you can put a diagnose on all humans some only have a few letters others the whole alphabet. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I’m sure I was reasonable 

Refresher course. This ends our discussion George. If you want to believe that the magical fairy girls can actually see fairies, then that's your deal. Not mine. i think they're either playing it up or freaking insane. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Who isn't?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Who isn't?

Does anyone in this thread dress up like Batman and actually think they're Batman? I don't. 

• Like 2