Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Fairy Whisperers' claim to see fairies

Still Waters

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Refresher course. This ends our discussion George. If you want to believe that the magical fairy girls can actually see fairies, then that's your deal. Not mine. i think they're either playing it up or freaking insane. 

no such thing as "reputable psychic" complete contradiction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

no such thing as "reputable psychic" complete contradiction.

I'm not willing to drag that old argument back into the light. Let us try to stay on this absurd topic.:tu:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Does anyone in this thread dress up like Batman and actually think they're Batman? I don't. 

lol, about 25 years ago my laid back redneck buddy paid 600.00 for a batman costume and wore it riding his honda Davidson, he didnt think he was batman just having fun and a laugh, odd part is he wasnt a show off , very interverted guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

lol, about 25 years ago my laid back redneck buddy paid 600.00 for a batman costume and wore it riding his honda Davidson, he didnt think he was batman just having fun and a laugh, odd part is he wasnt a show off , very interverted guy.

There's nothing wrong with doing something for the fun of it. It's being serious about it, that's where the trouble starts. Like those "otherkin" people. That's some weird stuff. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Does anyone in this thread dress up like Batman and actually think they're Batman? I don't. 

I dress up as a washed up rock star and believe it :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Refresher course. This ends our discussion George. If you want to believe that the magical fairy girls can actually see fairies, then that's your deal. Not mine. i think they're either playing it up or freaking insane. 

I only skimmed the thread but it looked like he said to "pursue the medical option" first. 

He did say to use a psychic after but Idk if it is fair to say he was pushing a psychic over medical

Unless I missed something since I only skimmed it.

Edited by spartan max2

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Consider me refreshed. You were the one looking ‘off’ and overemotional in that re-read.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There's nothing wrong with doing something for the fun of it. It's being serious about it, that's where the trouble starts. Like those "otherkin" people. That's some weird stuff. 

that buddy who dressed as a pirate was odd, he didnt think he was a pirate but said if he didnt dress like that he wasnt comfortable, 100 degrees out and he has on shirt, waist coat, over coat, etc, sweating and smelling like a real pirate,

hes in some treatment thing from the VA now.

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Consider me refreshed. You were the one looking ‘off’ and overemotional in that re-read.

fact is a psychic could make a mentally ill person worse, its not worth that risk to toss it on the table, i too am done, back to talking about people playing dress up :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Matter of perspective. And I'm done with this. I had to apologize to the OP of that thread in PM about what happened. Spent time PM-ing her about all that was going on. I still wish her the best and I will never suggest anyone seek a "psychic" or team of paranormal investigators for something that could be very serious. Back on ignore you go.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Back on ignore you go.

If only that was ever true....

• Haha 2

Its fun but for the life of me i cannot understand why people believe in random things if they havent seen it themselves intricately enough to know the details. A fluttery moth isnt enough to deduce that it is a fairy and they have these powers and abilities and look or act just so... Believing isnt the same as knowing.

4 hours ago, moonman said:

How fun is it when something real and serious happens to you, but no one believes you because you're just one of those "fairy nuts"?

Who actually cares what someone that small minded and judgemental thinks about what happens to you? Ive found when interesting things happen that some dont believe... They will try everything to convince you and themelves its not real and even believe they have proven it by parroting some random uninformed criticism... But nobody actually cares about people like that when something actually has happened and they are just too dim to comprehend it. They just go on being dim and judgemental and believing they know everything lol and you talk about it to the people bright enough to understand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Unless I missed something since I only skimmed it.

It was 5 pages. So yeah, a lot was missed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Its fun but for the life of me i cannot understand why people believe in random things if they havent seen it themselves intricately enough to know the details. A fluttery moth isnt enough to deduce that it is a fairy and they have these powers and abilities and look or act just so... Believing isnt the same as knowing.

Who actually cares what someone that small minded and judgemental thinks about what happens to you? Ive found when interesting things happen that some dont believe... They will try everything to convince you and themelves its not real and even believe they have proven it by parroting some random uninformed criticism... But nobody actually cares about people like that when something actually has happened and they are just too dim to comprehend it. They just go on being dim and judgemental and believing they know everything lol and you talk about it to the people bright enough to understand.

im not so frosty today trying to grasp that, its one thing if a 40 yo gal dressing like tinkerbell says she was mugged and her purse full of pixie dust stolen and another if some cat says some demon pushed him down and he broke his toe in the fall,

its far from "small minded" to use ratinal thinking to conclude, the dress up gal did get her purse snatched but the clumsy fellow is  delusinal about his claims, i dont waste time on delusions.

ps, i dont judge much by appearance but actions and what the person has to say.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Are we entirely sure those women are serious about their dealings fairies? Maybe it's just me having a hard time believing it myself, but i find it entirely possible that they just wanted to get on TV for 5 minutes and thought that dressing up as fairies and claiming to communicate with them was easiest/most fun way to do so....

• Like 2

Well... I can certainly see why all the fearful response to these clearly dangerous unbalanced women who pose such a threat...:rolleyes:

Meanwhile in Iceland...  legislators and citizens take faerie presence for granted and consider faerie interests before green-lighting construction projects, depending on location.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Are we entirely sure those women are serious about their dealings fairies? 

I got a certain impression that they are definitely serious from watching the whole thing. I think the show would not have done this if they didn't feel they were serious as that insincerity would come across to the audience too.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Well poll folks in America, a seemingly significant percentage believe in Angels.  So I could see a similar interview happening on an american morning talk show on that topic.  Doesn't seem out of place in Britain to me.

I'd bet given the cultural history, a fair number of Brits and perhaps slightly more Irish/Scots would confess to belief in the Fae.  May not have the balls to get on tv to talk about it.

Head up around Norway to my ancestral home and that number climbs significantly. 

Get to Iceland and it's just an accepted part of life for many.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is fairly amusing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aardvark-DK said:

Fairytales I tell you, just fairytales...

The chick on the right got the **** wings too.

There's always a pair of ****ty wings which no one really wants. Damn!

20 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Karen Kay, Rebecca Broomfield and Jesse Smart are three fairy whisperers, who all claim they can see folklore’s favourite winged women. The ladies even think their magical friends got them onto the sofa today! They’ll tell us all about this and reveal how to connect with the fairy realm.

Those 3 women are putting on an act.   They don't believe what they are spewing.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I got a certain impression that they are definitely serious from watching the whole thing. I think the show would not have done this if they didn't feel they were serious as that insincerity would come across to the audience too.

I think they believe in fairies but I also think they are having fun with it.

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I think they believe in fairies but I also think they are having fun with it.

We agree.

• Like 1