Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who will the Democratic nominee be?

Vorg

https://www.cbsnews.com/media/2020-presidential-candidates-who-is-running-for-president-here-are-the-democratic-candidates/

Michael Bennet, Colorado senator

Joe Biden, former vice president

Cory Booker, New Jersey senator

Steve Bullock, Montana governor

Pete Buttigieg, South Bend Indiana mayor

Bill de Blasio, New York City mayor

Julián Castro, former Housing and Urban Development Secretary

John Delaney, former Maryland representative

Tulsi Gabbard, Hawaii representative

Kirsten Gillibrand, New York senator

Mike Gravel, former Alaska senator

Kamala Harris, California senator

John Hickenlooper, former Colorado governor

Jay Inslee, Washington governor

Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota senator

Seth Moulton, Massachusetts representative

Wayne Messam, Miramar, Florida, mayor

Beto O'Rourke, former Texas representative

Tim Ryan, Ohio representative

Bernie Sanders, Vermont senator

Eric Swalwell, California representative

Elizabeth Warren, Massachusetts senator

Marianne Williamson, author based in California

Andrew Yang, entrepreneur based in Manhattan

If President Trump is not re-elected I hope that Tulsi Gabbard is the one that becomes the next President over all the rest listed above. I have my reasons. She is rather praised on the right as well as her own party, and seems to have a good plan for the future. She is a Military Officer so she has a higher ethical conduct from my view point, among other things.

Anyway, who do you hope becomes the nominee or wins, should the Democrats take next election, and why do you choose that person?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Anyway, who do you hope becomes the nominee or wins, should the Democrats take next election, and why do you choose that person?

So far ive been really impressed with Mayor Pete's demeanor. That in and of itself would be a wonderful change for the nation.

In general im still waiting for policy details before getting behind a candidate.

I will say I think the dems will lose if they run a "moderate" candidate so folks like Biden and Hickenlooper are out as far as im concerned.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Unless Biden has more skeletons coming out of the closet then the media can hide then it will be him. I like Tulsi as well but I don't think she fits the DNC model. She is just too rational to be the Democrat nominee. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gertdoggy said:

Unless Biden has more skeletons coming out of the closet then the media can hide then it will be him. I like Tulsi as well but I don't think she fits the DNC model. She is just too rational to be the Democrat nominee. 

I like Gabbard but I think the religion thing is too much for Gabbard to overcome in the general election. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gertdoggy said:

You just quoted my older sister! :lol:

A lot of Issei like Tulsi. I hope it's either Tulsi or Biden. If not, I'm voting for Trump. :yes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@piney I would vote for Piney ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

In general im still waiting for policy details before getting behind a candidate.

Well, I'm not a Democrat and I know a lot of the above are running to "get Trump" so they narrowed it down for me, lol.

• Like 3

It’s going to be a Kim/Kanye double ticket.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

If President Trump is not re-elected I hope that Tulsi Gabbard is the one that becomes the next President over all the rest listed above.

as you know I'm not American... but I agree with the above :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, bee said:

as you know I'm not American... but I agree with the above :) 

Sounds like she's right down right popular.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

@piney I would vote for Piney ! 

@joc and @CrimsonKing  are working on my campaign. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’s going to be a Kim/Kanye double ticket.

The saddest part of the Armenian Genocide is they missed the Kardashians. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

@joc and @CrimsonKing  are working on my campaign. :lol:

The saddest part of the Armenian Genocide is they missed the Kardashians. :yes:

Every time i see the kardashians i feel sick to the point i almost do a technicolour yawn. 

• Like 1

It'd be nice if it was Tulsi Gabbard, but if not I'll go for that Butticreek person

• Like 4

I am getting pretty tired of Biden and Bernie.  They were good in their day but, maybe some younger people need a chance.  Tulsi seems pretty good. 

Mayor Pete is controversial like President Trump but on different subjects.  He would be sort of the Not-Trump candidate.

He is smart, he is well spoken, he is a patriotic former military person who has seen overseas deployment, he is kind, he is a Christian, he is quiet, modest, not narcissistic or ego driven, he is young and yet he is mature.   I don't give him good odds, but he is reasonable to listen to. 

However, if the economy starts unraveling in 2020 as some economists are beginning to predict due to tariffs and rising deficit, then President Trump's lock on the election might not be so certain.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aztek said:

she is as anti gun as it gets. just look at her record, she cosponsored lots of antigun bills.https://www.votetulsi.com/node/25028

I prefer sensible gun control she has cosponsored listed on your link, rather than the NRA's absolute ZERO gun control. The NRA represents 5 million out of 44 million gun owners in America and they don't represent me.  And I am not anti second Amendment, quite the opposite.

I see nothing wrong with:

Tulsi is a cosponsor of H.Res. 367 to Establish the Select Committee on Gun Violence Prevention (2017). This resolution establishes the House Select Committee on Gun Violence Prevention to investigate and report on:

• the causes of mass shootings,
  • methods to improve the federal firearms purchaser background check system,
  • connections between access to firearms and dangerously mentally ill individuals,
  • strengthening federal penalties for trafficking and straw purchasing of firearms,
  • closing loopholes that allow some domestic abusers continued access to firearms,
  • linkages between firearms and suicide,
  • gun violence's effect on public health,
  • the correlation between state gun violence prevention laws and the incidence of gun violence,
  • the importance of having reliable and accurate information on gun violence and its toll on our nation,
  • the implementation of effective gun violence prevention laws in accordance with the Second Amendment to the Constitution, and
  • rates of gun violence in large metropolitan areas.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

I prefer sensible gun control she has cosponsored listed on your link, rather than the NRA's absolute ZERO gun control. The NRA represents 5 million out of 44 million gun owners in America and they don't represent me.  And I am not anti second Amendment, quite the opposite.

I see nothing wrong with:

Tulsi is a cosponsor of H.Res. 367 to Establish the Select Committee on Gun Violence Prevention (2017). This resolution establishes the House Select Committee on Gun Violence Prevention to investigate and report on:

• the causes of mass shootings,
  • methods to improve the federal firearms purchaser background check system,
  • connections between access to firearms and dangerously mentally ill individuals,
  • strengthening federal penalties for trafficking and straw purchasing of firearms,
  • closing loopholes that allow some domestic abusers continued access to firearms,
  • linkages between firearms and suicide,
  • gun violence's effect on public health,
  • the correlation between state gun violence prevention laws and the incidence of gun violence,
  • the importance of having reliable and accurate information on gun violence and its toll on our nation,
  • the implementation of effective gun violence prevention laws in accordance with the Second Amendment to the Constitution, and
  • rates of gun violence in large metropolitan areas.

lol, are you even serious? we know pretty much all the answers to those questions, studies have been done on many if not all of subjects.

did you read what she actually  cosponsored,  everything that she proposes has already been done, and will absolutely stop no one from braking it if they want to.  which is what happens now.  

she, and prbly 99% politicians,completely ignore that it is not a gun issue but failing society issue,  twisted values,  and do nothing about it.  even encourage it.

you can hate nra all you want, it is not doing anything to make things worst.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Hillary Clinton still controls the DNC, as nauseating as that is.

If she decides that running again gives her a shot at avoiding criminal prosecution and prison, guess what?  She's the nominee.

Some here have said they'll vote against Trump by voting for whoever the Dem nominee is; and it may well be the Head Witch in Charge.  Again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

The NRA represents 5 million out of 44 million gun owners in America and they don't represent me.  And I am not anti second Amendment, quite the opposite.

Same here. I was one of the many "People of Color" they failed to support during a bogus gun charge. They need to go. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I prefer sensible gun control

I do too.  It's a melding of sight picture, breathing and trigger control :w00t:  Other than THAT, they need to keep their damned emotions away from my rights.   You can't fix STUPID and you can't save idiots or sincerely broken people from themselves.  If THAT sounds brutal, just wait until some Prog government tries to do an end-run around 2A.  

I know I sound like an ass on this topic but as I've gotten older I've become far more aware of how the Progressive movement operates.  They NEVER, EVER back down or give ground.  If you try to be amenable and hope for some reciprocity you will get nothing but more demands that you give up more to make others safer. It's very similar to the situation between Israel and the Palestinians.

I have a better plan.  It's an old German adage:  EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF AND GOD FOR US ALL.  IOW, bring back personal responsibility.  It's going to happen anyway.  It's just a matter of time before this messed up freak show the Left is pushing, collapses under its own weight.  THEN you'll find - after a brief but FIERCE exchange of opinions "by other means" - that those who remain will become self-sufficient and unbelievably polite to their neighbors.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Hillary Clinton still controls the DNC, as nauseating as that is.

If she decides that running again gives her a shot at avoiding criminal prosecution and prison, guess what?  She's the nominee.

Some here have said they'll vote against Trump by voting for whoever the Dem nominee is; and it may well be the Head Witch in Charge.  Again.

I follow her on Twitter and Facebook and she's increasingly becoming more and more vocal.  Check out this tweet from her today:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• The topic was locked