Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who will the Democratic nominee be?

Vorg

9 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

n infinitely small percentage on the whole, you'll never eliminate every worst case scenario and you know this. It's why they call them accidents. Many are preventable and those should be prosecuted if negligence is a factor, which can be done under current laws. We don't need to rewrite an amendment to solve some of the problems, which you also know. 

Sure but prosecution is small comfort to the family members or victims of attacks and accidents.

10 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

2A is never going away, let's get that straight. You may see some law-abiding folks made into low level criminals for not following new laws, but this country's citizens isn't collectively giving up the right to protect themselves, especially in a society where one side is doing all they can to expand or ignore the criminal element. 

I think you need to be a little more realistic. Our society is evolving, maybe faster than ever, from rural to  urban. For the vast majority guns are no longer tools which they become accustomed to using and being around at a young age. For them they are the mechanisms of war and destruction , and nothing more

Its simply a numbers game. My concern is eventually there will be an event horrific enough that the majority will simply say , "no more, the gun that is killing people today is a bigger threat than theoretical tyranny".

15 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

As for what you are, I am well aware of what you say you are and that it doesn't square with your tone or style the majority of the time. If you are truly 2A, you wouldn't be passive on the parts I mentioned and aggressive on the other. You'd be as adamant on the rights you want to keep as those you are willing to give up. As always, the lack of consistency gives you up.  

Gotcha, I dont fit into the box you normally stick people with opposing views into.

Honestly what I want is kinda crazy.  What I want is the creation of an actual citizen militia which you must regularly train and drill with in order to own any firearm with a capacity beyond a revolver or shotgun. It would require a massive overhaul in our priorities as a nation and as gun owners but it would also limit lunatic access to large capacity weapons while creating a citizenry that is better educate, more healthy, trained and more prepared to face any threats down the road.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I am getting pretty tired of Biden and Bernie.  They were good in their day but, maybe some younger people need a chance. 

Bottom line is that Biden (at this stage) is the centrist with the most political clout and friends in the party leadership, which will lead the DNC to (correctly) believe he will have the most appeal to fence sitters. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, acidhead said:

I follow her on Twitter and Facebook and she's increasingly becoming more and more vocal.  Check out this tweet from her today:

I think it was Obama and her that needed to hear that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure but prosecution is small comfort to the family members or victims of attacks and accidents.

I think you need to be a little more realistic. Our society is evolving, maybe faster than ever, from rural to  urban. For the vast majority guns are no longer tools which they become accustomed to using and being around at a young age. For them they are the mechanisms of war and destruction , and nothing more

Its simply a numbers game. My concern is eventually there will be an event horrific enough that the majority will simply say , "no more, the gun that is killing people today is a bigger threat than theoretical tyranny".

Gotcha, I dont fit into the box you normally stick people with opposing views into.

Honestly what I want is kinda crazy.  What I want is the creation of an actual citizen militia which you must regularly train and drill with in order to own any firearm with a capacity beyond a revolver or shotgun. It would require a massive overhaul in our priorities as a nation and as gun owners but it would also limit lunatic access to large capacity weapons while creating a citizenry that is better educate, more healthy, trained and more prepared to face any threats down the road.

Of course it is small comfort. But a law that gets violated with the same result is going to be no less comforting. Guns are illegal in Chicago, discomfort for families and friends of victims happens dozens of times every weekend. You miss the point, efforts to prevent will be relatively inconsequential when you factor in the new victims, people who are now unable to protect themselves due to legal wrangling.

C'mon, war and destruction? The biggest change in society is that kids are growing up in fatherless homes, not being taught the value of life and the need provide for and to protect themselves and their families. A lot of urban and rural kids are growing up in the streets, their role models now are fellow kids with no moral code.

I am sure it will happen, the "worst mass shooting in history" is a poor record to break, but it always does get broken eventually. The troubling part is that the reaction ALWAYS rushes to the weapon. If people really want to stop mass shootings, how about a focus on institutionalizing the nuts before they can take life they don't have the capacity to comprehend the value of? McVeigh used dynamite, Saudi's used planes, they've laced Tylenol with cyanide, serial killers strangle and stab. And it's not tyranny that people fear on the daily, it's lawlessness and anarchy. When you see protests like Ferguson happen up close, see how ineffective courteous and respectful defense of self and property, it doesn't take much to imagine that arriving on your doorstep or while out shopping or enjoying a meal. When you have addicts and thieves so brazen as to openly walk through neighborhoods looking at whose garage they can plunder, you gotta be prepared. Must will scurry away, a few will not. If it's me or them, it's going to be them. Anything that tries to take that option away is inherently wrong.

It's not that you don't fit in my box. It's common sense. I know like three true independents. I know they are truly independent based on how they either blast both sides with ferocity in disagreement or they are always cordial with both sides. I expect leftists to blast righties and vice versa. But when someone blasts one side as often as you do and then claims to be neutral, that's a tell. How many times have you called a leftist here an idiot? How many times have you pounded the proverbial table in disagreement with a true progressive? How many times have you defended a true Conservative in a battle? It's style and tone, it's behavior and attitude consistent with the label you've given yourself. So show us some examples where you've consistently treated the left with disdain, defending someone on the right in a pretty animated fashion. It ain't personal, just an observation of your typed words. 

I see some logic in that, plus I think there are countries that have something similar (Israel, Switzerland) that seems to work. I don't think it stops the criminal element from getting access to a TEC-9 and now if you haven't had the trainings and drills, you are at a greater disadvantage than before. We have people trained and drilled who have the weapons now. Our police only lack the green light on zero tolerance for dealing with problems. Our mental health professionals the same. It's honestly an issue where we don't have the stomach to win wars, foreign or domestic, the only way we can properly win them any more. The criminal element will almost always win because they follow no rules. No matter what we change, it always limits the law abiding while giving the criminal more advantage. So, we deal with the fallout from that. I propose armed former LE and veterans in schools, institutionalizing the insane, and police with far greater latitude in dealing with the criminal element. Would take far less effort and expense, can be started tomorrow, and the only people who lose rights are those who don't respect other's rights anyway. Whatever the plan, someone on the left will lose their minds when bad guys are taken out by good guys and we'll argue the new plan needs reformed. I sometimes think some on the left would rather just let criminals control everything, so long as they don't have to hear about it when the media exploits it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Well, this is a stupid statement. I was Tribal Security and a PMC who pulled a legal gun on two illegal trespassers and was told. "I had no right to pull my weapon on white people". 

My charges were dismissed twice as my actions were legal then re-indicted for a 3rd time which is illegal. If that isn't a unjust case for them, I don't know what is...

Just curious, what was the charge each time? What reason was given for dismissal? Was this on tribal property? Who was the arresting authority?

5 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Just curious, what was the charge each time? What reason was given for dismissal? Was this on tribal property? Who was the arresting authority?

It was on my own fenced and gated property and the charges were dismissed because my actions were legal. 

The charges were unlawful possession and aggravated assault. I have a couple AC newspaper articles about it. The news backed me up and there was a protest in front of the court house defending me. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

You'll note that I referred to "irresponsible gun owners" in one of my bullet points.

:hmm: 

13 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Here's the crazy part. The "victim" identified one of the Hubley cap guns in my son's bedroom not the Ruger revolver I carried. They then confiscated one of my grandfathers Nazi autos as the weapon involved. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

It's not that you don't fit in my box. It's common sense. I know like three true independents. I know they are truly independent based on how they either blast both sides with ferocity in disagreement or they are always cordial with both sides. I expect leftists to blast righties and vice versa. But when someone blasts one side as often as you do and then claims to be neutral, that's a tell.

The "other side" isnt the current clear and present danger. I get that you dont recognize what is happening at 1600 penn and in the halls of their sycophantic senate but this isnt politics as normal. The things that are being done now will have massive negative ramifications down the road.

18 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

How many times have you pounded the proverbial table in disagreement with a true progressive? How many times have you defended a true Conservative in a battle? It's style and tone, it's behavior and attitude consistent with the label you've given yourself. So show us some examples where you've consistently treated the left with disdain, defending someone on the right in a pretty animated fashion. It ain't personal, just an observation of your typed words. 

Wait so having left leaning views means I am locked into a box on all issues? 

As for your challenge, im gonna go ahead and say nah, im pretty busy at work , but   if you really want the truth go back to the 2016 campaign threads.

I do confess that while I am not a party guy I am a decided voter until Trumnpism has died. So in that respect yes you are correct I am not independant, im anti Trumpism.

How many times have you defended a true Conservative in a battle?

I had to single this line out. How many true conservatives are on this site vs. Trumpians?

38 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

I see some logic in that, plus I think there are countries that have something similar (Israel, Switzerland) that seems to work. I don't think it stops the criminal element from getting access to a TEC-9 and now if you haven't had the trainings and drills, you are at a greater disadvantage than before. We have people trained and drilled who have the weapons now. Our police only lack the green light on zero tolerance for dealing with problems. Our mental health professionals the same. It's honestly an issue where we don't have the stomach to win wars, foreign or domestic, the only way we can properly win them any more. The criminal element will almost always win because they follow no rules. No matter what we change, it always limits the law abiding while giving the criminal more advantage. So, we deal with the fallout from that. I propose armed former LE and veterans in schools, institutionalizing the insane, and police with far greater latitude in dealing with the criminal element. Would take far less effort and expense, can be started tomorrow, and the only people who lose rights are those who don't respect other's rights anyway. Whatever the plan, someone on the left will lose their minds when bad guys are taken out by good guys and we'll argue the new plan needs reformed. I sometimes think some on the left would rather just let criminals control everything, so long as they don't have to hear about it when the media exploits it. 

And I guess this is where I differ from many in the pro 2nd crowd. I dont give a **** about guns for personal protection. Thats not why the constitution protects them and it wont be why we get to keep them. 

5 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Until they do and make every effort to ensure legal ownership will NEVER be infringed upon, it is they who are impeding potential reform.

.  I have had two rifles and a shotgun locked in a gun cabinet beginning at about 18 years old.  I associated guns with hunting.  I don't have a pistol at my bedside for self defense, but maybe I should.  Being young and strong and a logger type in my youth, I thought a baseball bat and a hunting knife were plenty.  Now that I am old and my knees are bad, I haven't been hunting in nearly 10 years, and a baseball bat may not cut it anymore for self defense.

People on this site have told me that the Second Amendment is not about hunting or self protection, it is about the ability to overthrow the government.  Not being political in my youth, I never thought seriously about rising up in arms  against the government, but many of you do.  So keep your guns  and keep them safe.

I have a proposal for you sensible gun owners. And by the way, it is not you that most people are worried about, its criminals and crazies.  And why should we infringe rights of law abiding citizens because of criminals?

The CEO of my company was very afraid of gun violence against himself, a lot of employees hated him.  So, in the half dozen times I went to meetings with him at the corporate office, I came into a reception area.  Going in, the door locked after you.  Before you got through the second door, you had to show your ID through the inner window (like a bank teller) to the receptionist.  Even though I had known her for 10 years, rules were rules.  The entry door and the second door and windows were all bullet proof glass.  You were trapped until you got the OK.  I don't know if he had a gun in his desk drawer, he never pulled it out while we were talking.   He was safe, and so was his staff.

So every public place: theaters, schools, shopping malls, grocery stores, hotels,stadiums, hospitals and offices could have the same setup.  If you are carrying a firearm, you are denied entry.  If you get stubborn about it, there is a security guard with a taser and service revolver pointing through a gun port telling you to leave or be tasered.

Property owners do not violate the Second Amendment by denying you entry on to their property.  

A hassle and an imposition?  Yeah maybe do.  But many staunch Second Amendment defenders say the lives of school children and innocent people in public places  is the price we pay for freedom.  That is the price too high for gun control supporters.  

So you both get to be happy.  The public is better defended from crazies.  Your kids can go to school with diminished fear of active shooters.  Your wife can go to the grocery store or to work without fear of a disgruntled manic employee.  All gun owners can keep their guns and buy more if they want.

Is that the price we pay for rights and public safety?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Piney said:

It was on my own fenced and gated property and the charges were dismissed because my actions were legal. 

The charges were unlawful possession and aggravated assault. I have a couple AC newspaper articles about it. The news backed me up and there was a protest in front of the court house defending me. 

Thanks for clarifying! Honestly, just looking at this from an outsider's point of view, but a couple things here...

If you did this as a private citizen protecting your turf, I'd have your back. But as a friend, I would suggest that being tribal security or PMC has little to do with it. I'd also wonder, was the confiscated gun "legal" - in other words, are they insistent that they think that was the gun you pulled but were wrong in that insistence? I know for a fact sometimes LE gets it wrong, witnesses too, and prosecutors won't relent or keep trying solely to save face, My point is not to question you or your legal issues, sounds like your beef is legit. But, NRA seldom gets too involved drilling down to the level you are dealing with things and I sincerely doubt skin color would be the reason they wouldn't. They simply have a model that keeps things generic and more on broad-based policy. Good luck on this, sound like the folks in your local community need to move on and leave you be. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The "other side" isnt the current clear and present danger. I get that you dont recognize what is happening at 1600 penn and in the halls of their sycophantic senate but this isnt politics as normal. The things that are being done now will have massive negative ramifications down the road.

Wait so having left leaning views means I am locked into a box on all issues? 

As for your challenge, im gonna go ahead and say nah, im pretty busy at work , but   if you really want the truth go back to the 2016 campaign threads.

I do confess that while I am not a party guy I am a decided voter until Trumnpism has died. So in that respect yes you are correct I am not independant, im anti Trumpism.

I had to single this line out. How many true conservatives are on this site vs. Trumpians?

And I guess this is where I differ from many in the pro 2nd crowd. I dont give a **** about guns for personal protection. Thats not why the constitution protects them and it wont be why we get to keep them. 

And yet another hallmark, telling others what they don't understand when you do. LOL

I didn't say having left-leaning views put you in a box. It's when whatever views you think make you independent come up, do you harass the left like you do the right? Do you defend the right like you do the left? You don't, thus it makes folks question your sincerity or purpose. Personally, left-leaning isn't indy, it's Democrat. Right leaning is Republican. Independent is equally for or against both sides. Claiming to be indy is meant to bolster credibility, when it's one sided though, that's toast.

Your prerogative, since I have been here, I haven't seen it and I've looked for it.

I think most here who support Trump are conservatives at their base. They don't support Trump because he is true conservative or because he shares or promotes exact values, he's just doing the job we expected the Republican to do. If Pence or Cruz  were the guy with this performance, they'd get similar support. If Trump starts conceding to Democrat whims, he'll get hammered accordingly. Most don't like the tweeting and the nonsense any more than you, they just realize it's schtick and LOVE that he's using what the left has done since 2004 to Republicans through the media. It's not what he does, it's how and why.

I'm okay that you don't give a **** about personal protection, but surely you can comprehend those who do.

6 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Thanks for clarifying! Honestly, just looking at this from an outsider's point of view, but a couple things here...

If you did this as a private citizen protecting your turf, I'd have your back. But as a friend, I would suggest that being tribal security or PMC has little to do with it. I'd also wonder, was the confiscated gun "legal" - in other words, are they insistent that they think that was the gun you pulled but were wrong in that insistence? I know for a fact sometimes LE gets it wrong, witnesses too, and prosecutors won't relent or keep trying solely to save face, My point is not to question you or your legal issues, sounds like your beef is legit. But, NRA seldom gets too involved drilling down to the level you are dealing with things and I sincerely doubt skin color would be the reason they wouldn't. They simply have a model that keeps things generic and more on broad-based policy. Good luck on this, sound like the folks in your local community need to move on and leave you be. 

I went to the Max for 5 years. Everybody involved is in hiding. My lawyer took a bottle of bennies and blew his own head off a day after I was released. I have "that kind" of reputation. There was no witnesses but the "victims" and my stepfather, who they insisted wasn't there. 

I've been out for some time. Since I lost my career I went back to logging, chainsaw carving and saddlebreaking like I did as a teen. Right now I'm staying with my sister recovering from a stroke and doing carpentry work and teaching martial arts to/for all her friends and neighbors. I'm working on building up a woodworking/ carving business but restarting at 50 is a depressing nightmare. 

The act of misusing it is what made it unlawful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

.  I have had two rifles and a shotgun locked in a gun cabinet beginning at about 18 years old.  I associated guns with hunting.  I don't have a pistol at my bedside for self defense, but maybe I should.  Being young and strong and a logger type in my youth, I thought a baseball bat and a hunting knife were plenty.  Now that I am old and my knees are bad, I haven't been hunting in nearly 10 years, and a baseball bat may not cut it anymore for self defense.

People on this site have told me that the Second Amendment is not about hunting or self protection, it is about the ability to overthrow the government.  Not being political in my youth, I never thought seriously about rising up in arms  against the government, but many of you do.  So keep your guns  and keep them safe.

I have a proposal for you sensible gun owners. And by the way, it is not you that most people are worried about, its criminals and crazies.  And why should we infringe rights of law abiding citizens because of criminals?

The CEO of my company was very afraid of gun violence against himself, a lot of employees hated him.  So, in the half dozen times I went to meetings with him at the corporate office, I came into a reception area.  Going in, the door locked after you.  Before you got through the second door, you had to show your ID through the inner window (like a bank teller) to the receptionist.  Even though I had known her for 10 years, rules were rules.  The entry door and the second door and windows were all bullet proof glass.  You were trapped until you got the OK.  I don't know if he had a gun in his desk drawer, he never pulled it out while we were talking.   He was safe, and so was his staff.

So every public place: theaters, schools, shopping malls, grocery stores, hotels,stadiums, hospitals and offices could have the same setup.  If you are carrying a firearm, you are denied entry.  If you get stubborn about it, there is a security guard with a taser and service revolver pointing through a gun port telling you to leave or be tasered.

Property owners do not violate the Second Amendment by denying you entry on to their property.  

A hassle and an imposition?  Yeah maybe do.  But many staunch Second Amendment defenders say the lives of school children and innocent people in public places  is the price we pay for freedom.  That is the price too high for gun control supporters.  

So you both get to be happy.  The public is better defended from crazies.  Your kids can go to school with diminished fear of active shooters.  Your wife can go to the grocery store or to work without fear of a disgruntled manic employee.  All gun owners can keep their guns and buy more if they want.

Is that the price we pay for rights and public safety?

At least where I live, they already have bans on guns in public places. Those are the places most vulnerable to an attack. At a local hospital, dude going through a nasty divorce showed up at his wife's work with a couple loaded handguns - zero security. Only thing that saved bloodshed was that another nurse alerted two local off duty cops (one was carrying) that he was trouble, who instantly could tell he had guns concealed and were able to get to him and disarm him. As I said, I am for reform if it works, but more often than not, it doesn't - at least not without similar consequence that we have now.

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

I went to the Max for 5 years. Everybody involved is in hiding. My lawyer took a bottle of bennies and blew his own head off a day after I was released. I have "that kind" of reputation. There was no witnesses but the "victims" and my stepfather, who they insisted wasn't there. 

I've been out for some time. Since I lost my career I went back to logging, chainsaw carving and saddlebreaking like I did as a teen. Right now I'm staying with my sister recovering from a stroke and doing carpentry work and teaching martial arts to/for all her friends and neighbors. I'm working on building up a woodworking/ carving business but restarting at 50 is a depressing nightmare. 

The act of misusing it is what made it unlawful.

Well, I certainly wish you well going forward. Being that age myself, I often contemplate starting over and then I run like the wind from that thought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At least where I live, they already have bans on guns in public places.

Indeed.  A sign on the door is not enough of a deterrent though.  I am for keeping honest people honest, and protecting the rights of those who respect the rights of others.

Edited by Tatetopa
wrote sing instead of sign
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Personally, left-leaning isn't indy, it's Democrat. Right leaning is Republican.

Independent is equally for or against both sides. Claiming to be indy is meant to bolster credibility, when it's one sided though, that's toast.

Do you honestly not understand the difference between political positions and political parties?

No independent means not beholden to any one party.  Im equally for truth and America, not both parties. Right now my independence allows me to see that the current threat to those are coming from the right.

Trumpism has most definitely made me left leaning and it had me vote the democrat line in 2018 for the first time in my life. I looked like hell for GOP candidates who werent Trumpian so I maybe had an option but there were none to be found in my area.

Most don't like the tweeting and the nonsense any more than you, they just realize it's schtick and LOVE that he's using what the left has done since 2004 to Republicans through the media. It's not what he does, it's how and why.

Oh I know that is Trumpism. Immature, juvenile and anything goes as long as we're "winning" , or just mean enough to the right people.  Forgive me if my days as a constitutionalist (still mostly one of those) in the moral majority have me unable to recognize that dangerous and irresponsible behavior as the party of Reagan.

8 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Well, I certainly wish you well going forward. Being that age myself, I often contemplate starting over and then I run like the wind from that thought.

I have no choice and I refuse to go on disability. It's against my grain. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

I'm okay that you don't give a **** about personal protection, but surely you can comprehend those who do.

49 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

.  I have had two rifles and a shotgun locked in a gun cabinet beginning at about 18 years old.  I associated guns with hunting.  I don't have a pistol at my bedside for self defense, but maybe I should. 

I always had a fire extinguisher mounted next to both doors of my logging-cowboying  camper and one mounted on my bed. I also kept one next to my bed in my farmhouse.

I wasn't about to kill my kid with "friendly fire". Having one murdered was enough. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

I think the late honorable Judge Scalia was on point, but I can almost guarantee that any ruling he might have given on the limitations would have had to have been in and of themselves and not part of a typical back-loaded hot mess we typically see from the left in their legislation. For example, do you honestly think the left would go for more stringent background checks, LWOP for high end straw purchases, no bump stocks and no high capacity mags, in exchange they'd put it in writing that all other ownership will never be mentioned again? Does that sound like the left, to concede an inch, much less rubber stamp the true intent of 2A? I completely comprehend your views on this, in a vacuum I agree with a lot of them. But that is how that side works, using our willingness to concede to take a little more while giving nothing. Can't abide that any more, I just can't.   

I understand. Which is why I vote Republican. But eventually a Democratic President will come back in power and a few have said they would use "Executive action" on gun control. So at some point things are going to change. Which is why if Trump or another Republican President doesn't get elected, well, we know what is coming at least.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Do you honestly not understand the difference between political positions and political parties?

No independent means not beholden to any one party.  Im equally for truth and America, not both parties. Right now my independence allows me to see that the current threat to those are coming from the right.

Trumpism has most definitely made me left leaning and it had me vote the democrat line in 2018 for the first time in my life. I looked like hell for GOP candidates who werent Trumpian so I maybe had an option but there were none to be found in my area.

Oh I know that is Trumpism. Immature, juvenile and anything goes as long as we're "winning" , or just mean enough to the right people.  Forgive me if my days as a constitutionalist (still mostly one of those) in the moral majority have me unable to recognize that dangerous and irresponsible behavior as the party of Reagan.

I absolutely know the difference. Doesn't matter, you keep pushing forward, you don't stop to address your lack of blast for anything or anyone on the left or support for anyone or anything on the right. Not even TDS, however just you may feel in it, explains the phenomenon. I don't even fault you for how you go about it, just own it as a leftist. Honestly, I get what you hate about Trump, but he hasn't changed principles of the issues. 

As for that second part, if you hate what Trump is doing on SM and in response to leftist media, did you hate how they handled GWB or the way Obama was treated like a cupcake. And can you back it up? 

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

I always had a fire extinguisher mounted next to both doors of my logging-cowboying  camper and one mounted on my bed. I also kept one next to my bed in my farmhouse.

I wasn't about to kill my kid with "friendly fire". Having one murdered was enough. 

I hear ya, we went over about 50 scenarios multiple times to ensure their safety. At some point, my ten year old at the time was so tired of safety training, he said "just shoot me". Fortunately we never had to use it, but he now teaches intruder training at college. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

I understand. Which is why I vote Republican. But eventually a Democratic President will come back in power and a few have said they would use "Executive action" on gun control. So at some point things are going to change. Which is why if Trump or another Republican President doesn't get elected, well, we know what is coming at least.

True, and that is a real likelihood in 2024. That said, that is why it is imperative to appoint judges who will properly uphold 2A laws in the future. 

Honestly, there are times when I wonder how far the left will push? If they keep up on 2A, they may end up with a 6-3 SCOTUS the wrong way. Seeking a war they want, they may sooner get one they don't. And it will be their fault, even as they won't realize or admit it. 

3 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

I hear ya, we went over about 50 scenarios multiple times to ensure their safety. At some point, my ten year old at the time was so tired of safety training, he said "just shoot me". Fortunately we never had to use it, but he now teaches intruder training at college. 

My kids had the utmost respect for my weapons. Never even had the desire to touch them. Must've been genetic because as a ranch-backwoods boy whose stepfather was career special forces they were laying all around me as a child and I had no desire.  It was another tool. That's all. 

When I was between 10-14 I would ride right up Rt 72 on my 350X with my grandpop's 30 carbine in a mount for wild dogs. Cops would stop me just to admire it because I had it dressed up with all that Ramline junk. :lol:

• Haha 1

Honestly, I get what you hate about Trump, but he hasn't changed principles of the issues. 

Doubtful  because you dont believe its happening.  ...well maybe you do but think its worth it I suppose.

As for that second part, if you hate what Trump is doing on SM and in response to leftist media, did you hate how they handled GWB or the way Obama was treated like a cupcake. And can you back it up? 

I worked on both of GWB's campaigns, yeah I hated the way the media handled him. Honestly I hate it even MORE now because after decades of screaming that the right wing candidate is a racist, misogynist wannabe fascist we actually have one who fits that description but they have simply cried wolf one too many times so anyone not already inclined to do so isnt listening.

As for Trump and social media. I love that he uses social media. I love having that direct look into his mindset.

What I hate is the juvenile, fact free and dangerous manner in which he speaks and how it seems to elevate and encourage the worst in our society.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked