Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
South Alabam

Who will the Democratic nominee be?

336 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Katniss
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

It can't be stopped any more that Jet Airliners, locomotives, cars or any of the other technological advancements that eventually had the result of making our lives easier.

True and if you have ever seen the automated predictions in the movie WALL-E, that is probably a close prediction as to where we are headed in the future. At lest here on Earth, I don't know about traveling colonies in space though. But I can see future generations sitting on their fat butts having robots do everything for them. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
OverSword
2 hours ago, Katniss said:

True and if you have ever seen the automated predictions in the movie WALL-E, that is probably a close prediction as to where we are headed in the future. At lest here on Earth, I don't know about traveling colonies in space though. But I can see future generations sitting on their fat butts having robots do everything for them. :lol:

Or deciding they’re a waste of resources and going full terminator :gun:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
2 hours ago, Katniss said:

True and if you have ever seen the automated predictions in the movie WALL-E, that is probably a close prediction as to where we are headed in the future. At lest here on Earth, I don't know about traveling colonies in space though. But I can see future generations sitting on their fat butts having robots do everything for them. :lol:

I understand what you are saying and it is perfectly logical but I have found that predicting the future based on our present reality is usually a failure.  Look back at the last 30 years of these predictions and you see a huge miss and then top it off with Obama's excuses about the "new normal" and his failure to fix the economy in any way and then compare our economic reality today and you see what I mean.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss
2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Or deciding they’re a waste of resources and going full terminator :gun:

:) Okay, but don't forget about the possibility of being assimilated and turned into cyborgs too.

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I understand what you are saying and it is perfectly logical but I have found that predicting the future based on our present reality is usually a failure.  Look back at the last 30 years of these predictions and you see a huge miss and then top it off with Obama's excuses about the "new normal" and his failure to fix the economy in any way and then compare our economic reality today and you see what I mean.

So you're saying, that we may not be dependent on AI or robots to take over common service jobs in the future, such as transportation, the food service industry, medical surgery, administrative secretarial work, housing cleaning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
9 hours ago, Katniss said:

:) Okay, but don't forget about the possibility of being assimilated and turned into cyborgs too.

So you're saying, that we may not be dependent on AI or robots to take over common service jobs in the future, such as transportation, the food service industry, medical surgery, administrative secretarial work, housing cleaning?

I would say not all of it and neither do I know what jobs will be created in their place.  The world is changing but that never changes and somehow we always survive and grow as long as we don't blow each other up.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
13 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I understand what you are saying and it is perfectly logical but I have found that predicting the future based on our present reality is usually a failure.  Look back at the last 30 years of these predictions and you see a huge miss and then top it off with Obama's excuses about the "new normal" and his failure to fix the economy in any way and then compare our economic reality today and you see what I mean.

remember "back to the future" movie, the one where they actually went to the future,  they had payphones that they thought would be in the future,  now is that future, we all have cell phones and payphones are thing of the past,  it pretty much shows you are spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I would say not all of it and neither do I know what jobs will be created in their place.  The world is changing but that never changes and somehow we always survive and grow as long as we don't blow each other up.

That's a good point. Years ago people were predicting we would have flying cars by now like in George Jetson, but on the other hand people were saying electric cars were never going to be on the roads or they were never going to stay on the roads.

Aztek gives another good example from the Back to the Future movies, but who would have believed hoverboards predicted true from those movies. I coudn't see how those would ever be possible, yet here they are.

So I understand what you mean. Predictions can be a hit and miss.

Edited by Katniss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
43 minutes ago, Katniss said:

That's a good point. Years ago people were predicting we would have flying cars by now like in George Jetson, but on the other hand people were saying electric cars were never going to be on the roads or they were never going to stay on the roads.

Aztek gives another good example from the Back to the Future movies, but who would have believed hoverboards predicted true from those movies. I coudn't see how those would ever be possible, yet here they are.

So I understand what you mean. Predictions can be a hit and miss.

I do agree with you, though, that we will see more and more automation in our everyday lives

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
Posted (edited)

I would argue that the creation of hoverboards is less a coincidence and more of an invention fully credited to B2tF for coming up with the idea. Btw, are there any fully functional hoverboards yet? I don't think so. Also, holograms are now pretty close to what they predicted, just not very widespread and commonplace.

Edited by F3SS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss
1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I would argue that the creation of hoverboards is less a coincidence and more of an invention fully credited to B2tF for coming up with the idea. Btw, are there any fully functional hoverboards yet? I don't think so. Also, holograms are now pretty close to what they predicted, just not very widespread and commonplace.

These are currently what they have so far and they're quite expensive,

https://www.floatingboard.com/real-hoverboard-price/

The Hendo Hoverboard seem to come close to the ones in the movie.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
On 7/1/2019 at 9:27 AM, F3SS said:

That's a racket. Raise my taxes and I can get my basic needs met and beyond basic needs when it's my turn in a few months although the longer my hip is jacked the less I can work if at all. Or I can buy private insurance on top of my raised taxes and get better and quicker treatment. Doesn't sound very fair to the poor and regular folks who have to wait longer. That's what everyone is always yelling at us about, the poor being at a disadvantage.

Insurance companies and hospitals are certainly a racket but a government takeover is completely unacceptable.

That's why they want to ban private insurance.... :td:

It is an old Communist angle... Everyone should be EQUAL, so since we can't make everyone a millionaire, everyone has to be subsistence level. Everyone has to have the same CRAP opportunities, otherwise it ISN"T FAIR!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.