Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who will the Democratic nominee be?

Vorg

7 hours ago, pixiii said:

Do you really think the US Govt is under the control of the Israeli Govt?    

If Israel did control the US, we'd have seen the last of Omar and Talib some time ago. That we see so much pandering to these two is evidence, IMHO, that Israel influences, but doesn't control the government of the US.

We basically put them there and we feel like we need to support them. Guilt I guess... Myself, I think Isreal has gotten away with a lot for a long time.

• Like 2

Watch this if you dare!

Did people really say Tulsi was a Russian pawn?  

Edited by pixiii

This was interesting...

The Hill: Looking for electability in all the wrong places | TheHill.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/459094-looking-for-electability-in-all-the-wrong-places

This article clearly lays out the arguement that average Democrats want someone who can win. Not specifically someone liberal.

question of electability still tops the list of concerns for many voters. It remains the most powerful argument for Biden's candidacy and one that isn't hurting Warren as much as it had been. In an Economist/YouGov poll, 65 percent of Democratic voters said Biden would "probably beat Donald Trump" - the same percentage that believed this in June. But Warren experienced a 14-point jump, to 57 percent who said she could beat Trump.

But there are some folks who know who can win because they've done it themselves. The 30+ Democrats who flipped seats from red to blue in the 2018 midterms are very much the key to the puzzle. It would seem they would know better than anyone else what "electability" really means and how far a liberal agenda can go in purple and red districts. 

To this end, members of the New Democrat Coalition, the largest ideological caucus in the House, sent a letter to the Democratic presidential candidates requesting individual meetings with them. New Democrats were responsible for winning 32 of the 40 seats Democrats took back in 2018, sending home big Republican names such as Barbara Comstock in Virginia and Pete Sessions in Texas. 

So most of those who won seats in 2018 were CENTRISTS, not liberals. Interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

So most of those who won seats in 2018 were CENTRISTS, not liberals. Interesting. 

So whats wrong with CENTRISTS?  The Republicans still have a few pockets of CENTRISTS, maybe they all should get together and actually govern the country in a quiet and competent manner. 

That would be a switch from candidates and elected officials spending all of their time trying to be Reality TV show stars or Twitter Kings or Youtube Influencers.   Boxing Bernie is just about as unbelievable as Truthful  Trump..  .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

So whats wrong with CENTRISTS?  The Republicans still have a few pockets of CENTRISTS, maybe they all should get together and actually govern the country in a quiet and competent manner. 

That would be a switch from candidates and elected officials spending all of their time trying to be Reality TV show stars or Twitter Kings or Youtube Influencers.   Boxing Bernie is just about as unbelievable as Truthful  Trump..  .

Because far left and right not centrists run the parties 

25 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Because far left and right not centrists run the parties 

Well maybe if centrists are not the cool kids on either party, they should start their own.

Probably no chance is there?

Edited by Tatetopa
added second sentence.

6 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well maybe if centrists are not the cool kids on either party, they should start their own.

The problem being that it's nearly impossible to get elected as an independent if one of the big money parties is backing your opponent.  Without campaign finance reform we're stuck with whack jobs it seems, and these same whack jobs are who we need to reform the campaign finance laws unless we can get a referendum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2019 at 2:25 AM, DieChecker said:

If Israel did control the US, we'd have seen the last of Omar and Talib some time ago. That we see so much pandering to these two is evidence, IMHO, that Israel influences, but doesn't control the government of the US.

We basically put them there and we feel like we need to support them. Guilt I guess... Myself, I think Isreal has gotten away with a lot for a long time.

I just came across this old vid of Biden quoting he's a Zionist.  Made me think of this thread - the vid is short so it's highly possible it's been edited to be taken out of context too. :) 

Sorry if it's been posted before. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

It's probably as @OverSword said, without big financial backing it's hard to get any independent person in.  We have the same issue here in Australia - a lot don't like the two major parties as they're too left or right wing.  Ideally, it'd be great to have a party for centrists here, but they're all just independents, some with good ideas and either lack popularity overall and financial backing or there are other people with crazy ideas that border on being offensive at this point. This is why your politics is far more entertaining to some Tat.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Nothing wrong. I was assured by several of our... left wing... members that far left was the new normal, and those wins in 2018 were due to people wanting liberal progressives, not centrists. 

I was especially told that same thing when Biden announced and I claimed he'd lead the race, and likely be the nominee due to being more centrist then the other major contenders. This was back in March/April.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fun read

6 Candidates For 2020 Whose Records Will Make You Go 'Huh'?

Fun fact: During the 2016 election, Bernie Sanders received more donations from defense contractor employees than Ted Cruz. Did they spell "Jeb Bush" wrong or something? Nope, as weird as it sounds, they've been feeling the Bern for a long time. It largely has to do with Sanders' record in Vermont, a state that has deep ties to the defense industry. He has consistently acted in their favor, like when he supported the funding for the $1.2 trillion stealth fighter that, per the Air Force, can't fight.

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to most of the candidates being forced to drop out. So we can see who really is going to gain the peripheral voters.

The debate should help speed up the dropping out.

I'm still predicting Biden, but Warren is coming up in polls, as is Yang apparently.

Re: Dem Debate.

Seems like the liberal media opinion is that Biden again lost ground. And O'Rourke and Castro made a good showing. Sanders also seems to have lost ground. A lot of the candidates are now attacking his Medicare-for-all. And coming up with their own versions. Shouting, "I WROTE THE BILL!!!", doesnt necessarily explain anything.

Harris and Warren seem... from the reviews... to have been so so.

I was unable to watch (work). But I am sure highlights will be on youtube soon.

From what I read, Biden was practically saying, "I AM Obama.".

Edited by DieChecker

What I saw before we left...I actually thought Biden did better...for him. Harris was Trump obsessed. They all avoided actual answers to questions but at least once or twice the thought about paying for their craziness was mentioned..though the semi-answers lacked substance. They seemed to be gunning for Bernie and he's lousy at rebuttals to the attacks. Why is Beto even there? 

• Like 1

Beto will now blame gun owners when he is not nominated.

”He’ll yeah, we will take you AR-15’s and AK-47’s” 

Sabotaged himself on purpose.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:16 AM, DieChecker said:

I'm looking forward to most of the candidates being forced to drop out. So we can see who really is going to gain the peripheral voters.

The debate should help speed up the dropping out.

I'm still predicting Biden, but Warren is coming up in polls, as is Yang apparently.

Totally ignoring Yang on all coverage I’ve seen this morning. IMO they should only nominate someone besides Yang if they want Trump to win.

• Thanks 1

yea, his universal income is a deal breaker, everyone knows free means someone else has to pay for it.  1000 a month for 330mil,  that is 330bil. so what programs is he cutting to get that money? or he will raise taxes for those who work?   i do not like it even more. 

Edited by aztek

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Beto will now blame gun owners when he is not nominated.

”He’ll yeah, we will take you AR-15’s and AK-47’s” 

Sabotaged himself on purpose.

And as if on cue he was threatened to be shot by a "responsible gun owner"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/09/13/beto-orourke-roscoe-cain-death-threat-twitter/

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

And as if on cue he was threatened to be shot by a "responsible gun owner"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/09/13/beto-orourke-roscoe-cain-death-threat-twitter/

No he wasn't.  Nobody ever said one thing about shooting anybody. At no point did that nice man say anything other than his gun was ready.  We must assume his gun is ready to be bought back :gun::lol:

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, aztek said:

yea, his universal income is a deal breaker, everyone knows free means someone else has to pay for it.  1000 a month for 330mil,  that is 330bil. so what programs is he cutting to get that money? or he will raise taxes for those who work?   i do not like it even more. 

That's not the deal breaker.  The deal breaker is that he, like trump, is not a politician, he's an outsider.  He is however the only one that is actually smarter than trump.  Yeah, that's not saying much, but it's true.  Everyone else on that stage is a high grade moron and they are all even dumber than the president who will cream them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, OverSword said:

That's not the deal breaker.  The deal breaker is that he, like trump, is not a politician, he's an outsider.  He is however the only one that is actually smarter than trump.  Yeah, that's not saying much, but it's true.  Everyone else on that stage is a high grade moron and they are all even dumber than the president who will cream them.

Image result for is this real life meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked