Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Collapse of Angkor Wat called in to question

UM-Bot

Thank you for sharing. Fascinating place and history.

• Like 1

Must be an awesome place to visit.

Never been there myself.

I like how it says "...remains the single largest religious monument in the world."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pallidin said:

Must be an awesome place to visit.

Never been there myself.

I like how it says "...remains the single largest religious monument in the world."

I had the pleasure of seeing it a few years ago (along with a few other sites) when I was staying in Cambodia. The architecture and sheer size of Angkor Wat absolutely blew me away, it's indescribably beautiful walking through the grounds; there are lots of little shrines along with more monkeys than I could count at the time I visited.

An incredible sight to see, I definitely recommend putting it on the bucket list. :tu:

Edit: For future reference, there is one section of the ruin (higher up) that's more sacred, so visitors are encouraged to wear clothes that don't show too much skin. (Easily fixed if you bring a lightweight jacket or scarf). For example, they usually won't let you go up there if you're wearing short shorts (or footy shorts for the dudes), so wear something a bit more suitable if you decide to go. ^_^

Edit edit: Go early in the morning!! Beat the rush. :P

Edited by Unfortunately
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Unfortunately said:

I had the pleasure of seeing it a few years ago (along with a few other sites) when I was staying in Cambodia. The architecture and sheer size of Angkor Wat absolutely blew me away, it's indescribably beautiful walking through the grounds; there are lots of little shrines along with more monkeys than I could count at the time I visited.

An incredible sight to see, I definitely recommend putting it on the bucket list. :tu:

Edit: For future reference, there is one section of the ruin (higher up) that's more sacred, so visitors are encouraged to wear clothes that don't show too much skin. (Easily fixed if you bring a lightweight jacket or scarf). For example, they usually won't let you go up there if you're wearing short shorts (or footy shorts for the dudes), so wear something a bit more suitable if you decide to go. ^_^

Edit edit: Go early in the morning!! Beat the rush. :P

Say, do you by chance know of either an official, or, extensive tourist video tour of that site (YouTube perhaps)?

4 hours ago, pallidin said:

Say, do you by chance know of either an official, or, extensive tourist video tour of that site (YouTube perhaps)?

Hmm, I can't say I've looked into the video tour side of things, but I'll be sure to let you know if I find one :tu:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

Why don't you just search YouTube for a video?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=anghkor+wat+travel+guide

Here's one...

I use YouTube all the time, so I know how to search, but what I was after was something he might recommend since he's been there.

But thank you, El, I'll check that video out. 

• Like 1

Very cool ruins