Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When does thought transition to belief?

quiXilver

11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

After being gone for months. it must have gone astral travelling !

Hi Habitat

To bad that didn't happen tonight maybe it would have seen the word on Walker's wall.:D

Not making fun of you rather hoping to have a chuckle with you. You know there are times when I have been working at the bench set a tool down and haven't moved 3' in either direction and it's gone. I will look all over the place even though I know I wasn't there and then give up and start working again and look down and there it is, so me being  Irish just chalk it up to the little people.;)

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Finally a physical cleansing of my body of all nicotine traces,

Yeah, I get the part where you quit smoking cold turkey. Congratulations again.

Back to the talking headlights:

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

A real physical light (verified by others) a real physical voice (only verified by me because i can clearly  tell when a voice is inside my head and when it  is not :) )

How does that help? These other people can't tell when a voice is inside their heads? So, when you explained to them that the light was headlights, they went, "Oh, then that voice we thought we heard was just inside our heads."

Really and truly, this story is not aging well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

So what you're trying to lie about here is that you learned photographic memory and now you no longer have photographic memory because your lies about having photographic memory was exposed and now you conveniently is no longer capable of photographic memory because you are unable to provide evidence of ever having photographic memory... 

To simplify that I would just say that you lied and is continuing to lie... 

Try something new, like telling the truth, maybe your photographic memory might miraculously be relearned if not regained... 

~

lol you either  are an idiot or else a nasty pasty.  Go get your kicks on route 66

You are entitled to believe as you will but some thing is driving you to disbelief and you need to work out what  that is 

Again I have plenty  of witnesses to my abilty to memorise hundreds of pages of notes including their punctuation.I  have witnesses tomy abilty to remember minutes from a meeting 12 months in the past  Speed reading and photographic memory are both quite simple mental skiils which can be physically learned by almost anyone, IF the y take the time and have the discipline to learn and practice them 

Also it is well known that the y have to be maintained through practice, or they deteriorate.

So my memory while very very good, (especially on long term memories) is no longer photographic (at least i dont think so, given that  I havent tried to use it for years )

On the other hand i can stil read and  report back accurately on a normal novel of about 184 pages in an hour or less  (so can my brother)  

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Habitat

To bad that didn't happen tonight maybe it would have seen the word on Walker's wall.:D

Not making fun of you rather hoping to have a chuckle with you. You know there are times when I have been working at the bench set a tool down and haven't moved 3' in either direction and it's gone. I will look all over the place even though I know I wasn't there and then give up and start working again and look down and there it is, so me being  Irish just chalk it up to the little people.;)

jmccr8

Did you ever see this episode of The Twilight Zone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, eight bits said:

Yeah, I get the part where you quit smoking cold turkey. Congratulations again.

Back to the talking headlights:

How does that help? These other people can't tell when a voice is inside their heads? So, when you explained to them that the light was headlights, they went, "Oh, then that voice we thought we heard was just inside our heads."

Really and truly, this story is not aging well.

AM i really so unclear?

No one was close enough to hear the voice. Only see the lights. BUT the lights were real. 

Now, the voice was real and physical also.

How could i tell?

Well, the same way I could tell the light was real (I have NEVER, not even under the  strongest pain killers, not been able to tell the difference between internal voices and external ones.

Clue. It is in the context and environmental background of the voice. The same as  for visuals

Who said anyone else heard the voice in their heads? 

I never did.

i said that, should anyone have been close enough they would have not only seen the light but heard the voice, as it was a physical voice emanating from the physical light :)   

6 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

No. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Hi Golden Duck

No but thanks I just watched it.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

How do you know?

The last time I'd have watched the Twilight Zone was when Rod Serling introduced it ! what is the point of your question ? ?

5 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Well, the same way I could tell the light was real

No, the way you could tell the light was real was that somebody else who was nearby at the time asked you about it, so you could reasonably infer that they saw a light, too.

The voice is different. Although these people were nearby, they didn't hear anything, or at least didn't tell you or ask you about a voice.

OK, so now that's explained by their being nearby, but not nearby enough to hear a voice. We aren't talking about their understanding what was said, we're talking about recognizing that somebody has spoken. (You know, instead of telling us about all those psychiatrists who give you a clean bill of health, you should have gone for your witness being hard of hearing.)

So, if there's anything left of the rags and tatters of this story, then a healthy self-aware critical-thinking individual would notice, "You know, damn it, I really don't have any strong reason to think that the voice was real. All its other effects were inside my head, the smoking thing, maybe hearing it was, too. Other healthy people "hear their own thoughts," especially at important times in their lives, like when making a sudden big change in their lifestyle. Maybe that's what happened to me, too."

But no - you go full-tilt confabulation. OK, healthy people do that, too. No worries. But this story is crap. Inventive and entertaining crap, but brown and mushy all the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The last time I'd have watched the Twilight Zone was when Rod Serling introduced it ! what is the point of your question ? ?

Why else but to get an answer.

• Haha 4

Just now, Golden Duck said:

Why else but to get an answer.

What is the relevance to anything I said ?

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

What is the relevance to anything I said ?

Same relevance to answering a question I asked of jmc.

I don't really mind so I thought I'd play along.

There's no grand strategy. You can relax.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

AM i really so unclear?

No one was close enough to hear the voice. Only see the lights. BUT the lights were real. 

How could i tell?

Well, the same way I could tell the light was real (I have NEVER, not even under the  strongest pain killers, not been able to tell the difference between internal voices and external ones.

Clue. It is in the context and environmental background of the voice. The same as  for visuals

I never did.

i said that, should anyone have been close enough they would have not only seen the light but heard the voice, as it was a physical voice emanating from the physical light :)   

41 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

AM i really so unclear?

How could i tell?

I never did.

You did state that god only talks to you in your mind a few days ago when you were explaining how you and your wife experience god differently today it has been rescripted  to god talks to you through others, through outside voices and in your mind. 

You have argued vehemently against the idea of god being a voice  in your head until tonight.

So, yes, I agree with 8ty and 3rd you are inconsistent to the point it seems as if there are new spins daily. Maybe just take a break for the stories, clear your head. 

Hey, by the way how can you possibly have a photographic memory and not be able to hold visual images in your mind. 

You do know that having a photographic memory is the ability to hold an visual image in your mind. 

There is a test to test for a photographic memory.

Pssst, don’t forget and drag in aphantasia to cover for you remember my Neurologist set the record straight on that. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You did state that god only talks to you in your mind a few days ago when you were explaining how you and your wife experience god differently today it has been rescripted  to god talks to you through others, through outside voices and in your mind. 

You have argued vehemently against the idea of god being a voice  in your head until tonight.

So, yes, I agree with 8ty you are inconsistent to the point it seems as if there are new spins daily. 

Hey, by the way how can you possibly have a photographic memory and not be able to hold visual images in your mind. 

You do know that having a photographic memory is the ability to hold an visual image in your mind. 

Perhaps he means phonographic memory.

• Haha 6

59 minutes ago, third_eye said:

So what you're trying to lie about here is that you learned photographic memory and now you no longer have photographic memory because your lies about having photographic memory was exposed and now you conveniently is no longer capable of photographic memory because you are unable to provide evidence of ever having photographic memory... 

To simplify that I would just say that you lied and is continuing to lie... 

Try something new, like telling the truth, maybe your photographic memory might miraculously be relearned if not regained... 

~

I hope I never get as bored as you must be !

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

lol you either  are an idiot or else a nasty pasty.  Go get your kicks on route 66

I can assure you I am neither, I can assure everyone that you are a chronic and pathological liar, I don't need no route 66 to get my kicks, all I need is to maintain that your lies never stick as you remains stuck in the thick of it. 

~

You are entitled to believe as you will but some thing is driving you to disbelief and you need to work out what  that is 

Again I have plenty  of witnesses to my abilty to memorise hundreds of pages of notes including their punctuation.I  have witnesses tomy abilty to remember minutes from a meeting 12 months in the past  Speed reading and photographic memory are both quite simple mental skiils which can be physically learned by almost anyone, IF the y take the time and have the discipline to learn and practice them 

And yet you rather fake it instead of simply relearning it again to prove yourself.... so.... And thus... a liar you remain... 

~

Also it is well known that the y have to be maintained through practice, or they deteriorate.

So my memory while very very good, (especially on long term memories) is no longer photographic (at least i dont think so, given that  I havent tried to use it for years )

Not using your memory is the least of your problem, by relying on lies instead is the core of your predicament. 

~

On the other hand i can stil read and  report back accurately on a normal novel of about 184 pages in an hour or less  (so can my brother)  

Nobody believes you, or your brother, or any of your wealth of lies... 

You dispel lies by telling the truth, not by claiming it all not a deliberate lie, and you prove yourself not a liar by providing evidences that you are telling truths, not because, according to your skewed logic , that you have not been satisfactorily proven a liar to yourself... 

~

Wanna go count some matches and then multiply them if they end up splits? 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

How are you getting he is bored? 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

~

I call that living in the moment.

Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ae44db43944e0ab3cea

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Haven't you get some sour sop to pick ?

18 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You dispel lies by telling the truth, not by claiming it all not a deliberate lie, and you prove yourself not a liar by providing evidences that you are telling truths, not because, according to your skewed logic , that you have not been satisfactorily proven a liar to yourself... 

Yep, it must be the language barrier

23 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

How are you getting he is bored? 

Nah, he's just "absurdly incoherent" as you put it.

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Nah, he's just "absurdly incoherent" as you put it.

I don’t find him to be incoherent at all. 

I certainly hope you are not discriminating against him because English is a second language.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sherapy said:

I don’t find him to be incoherent at all. 

I certainly hope you are not discriminating against him because English is a n additional language. 

Perish the thought, I am discriminating against him on the basis of being a persistent pestiferous varmint !