Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
quiXilver

When does thought transition to belief?

1,602 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

jmccr8
9 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Not even close Close your eyes, open your mind, clear it of thought ,and what is the first 3 letter word which comes to mind.? 

I make no judgement, but i am extremely interested to see what you get. 

Hi Walker

Maybe I need a little more practice I kept three in my mind while relaxing and clearing  it but all I got was a 3 boobed alien.:huh: Or is that the pin up in the outhouse?:lol:

jmccr8

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
39 minutes ago, eight bits said:

Maybe if I saw a picture, then I'd get some idea what you're talking about?

Is this an Australian thing, splitting matches lengthwise? Do you receive extra style points if the head divides neatly?

Why would anybody do this? I mean anybody, dead or alive?

And where does the pattern thing fit in? Is that part of splitting the matches, or is this something else you've seen?

As to the line drawing, what is the meaning of the pattern, do you think? (vertical = dot, horizontal = dash?)

If you split, survival, matches,  you end up with twice as many matches when camping/surviving.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

So is this the same experience as when you quit smoking because I thought it was just you and the dog out in the yard having a smoke, who are the others?

jmccr8

lol no The 4  dogs is an entirely different experience 30 years later, and out on our farm

The pillar of light occurred when i was about 22 and it appeared in my parents  front garden about a  meter  from me 

yes it immediately  took away a long term serious addiction and i never smoked again.

The light was seen by my parents from inside our house, proving it was not an hallucination The voice was physical and came out of the pillar  of light.

Anyone close by would have heard it but no one was close enough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Maybe I need a little more practice I kept three in my mind while relaxing and clearing  it but all I got was a 3 boobed alien.:huh: Or is that the pin up in the outhouse?:lol:

jmccr8

Come on, you can do it .

First  3 letter word that pops into your head 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
10 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Part fun, But also part a response to jays challenge I believe ANYONE is capable of this if the y open their mind clear it of other stuff and then  see what enters

This technique works for many things involving the mind, as your subconscious can often dig up the right answer from  little clues that your conscious mind misses . If your mind is empty and receptive your subconscious will push the answer into your consciousness 

I reckon one of you should be able to do this. 

I would like a demonstration from you. 

I am interested in if the claim is valid. 

 

 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

lol no The 4  dogs is an entirely different experience 30 years later, and out on our farm

The pillar of light occurred when i was about 22 and it appeared in my parents  front garden about a  meter  from me 

yes it immediately  took away a long term serious addiction and i never smoked again.

The light was seen by my parents from inside our house, proving it was not an hallucination The voice was physical and came out of the pillar  of light.

Anyone close by would have heard it but no one was close enough.  

Hi Walker

Okay thanks for clarifying, you see you are confusing could have if they were there as they were there it's not quite the same and could be perceived as misleading and your parents only noticed that there was some unknown light but nothing that merited investigation so they really aren't witnesses in the sense that they had the same sense experience that you did and would/could describe it in the same manner.

jmccr8

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
19 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Not even close Close your eyes, open your mind, clear it of thought ,and what is the first 3 letter word which comes to mind.? 

I make no judgement, but i am extremely interested to see what you get. 

Con

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
40 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

So much for how no one would believe you, we all did.

What In the world is threatening about having better comprehension by speed reading or projecting your consciousness, or having a photographic memory of you do? 

Your claims are not uncommon they are not evidenced, and you claim to have them and there is no reason for you not to take the challenges. 

What is the point of hanging out  in this section knowing that you will be asked to require evidence to support your claims.

This section is for that why aren’t you in another section if you don’t want  to evidence your claims.

I absolutely have every right to ask for proof you could be a scam artist for all I know. 

 

I give up I just explained that people are able to believe speed reading or   photographic memory However other ideas like gods, angels, projection of consciousness, reading their minds  go to the things which scare them 

Of course i had  neglected to consider that you ALos disbelieve the ordinary/ mundane things in my life.

Never mind at least you are consistent. Maybe the idea of other people being able to speed read/ remember things etc., also scares you  :) .

I hang out to rebut those who want to say such things are not real and possible.

As long as we have deniers we need proclaimers of the truth :) 

No need to prove anything.  It is not about proof, it about what real peole can really experience in their lives 

This makes those truths discoverable by anyone, even you  under the right conditions 

Claims here do not have to be proven. The rules simply allow the claims to be challenged here, and so the y should be, without resorting to personal abuse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
7 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

If you split, survival, matches,  you end up with twice as many matches when camping/surviving.

Hi Golden Duck

How very astute of you to notice and share that life saving benefit.:tu:

jmccr8

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
7 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Maybe I need a little more practice I kept three in my mind while relaxing and clearing  it but all I got was a 3 boobed alien.:huh: Or is that the pin up in the outhouse?:lol:

jmccr8

 

Just now, Golden Duck said:

Con

I was gonna say fib. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Con

getting warmer :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Golden Duck

How very astute of you to notice and share that life saving benefit.:tu:

jmccr8

Well butane does nothing for the flavour of a pipe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
Just now, Sherapy said:

 

I was gonna say fib. 

nup but kinda thinking in the right lateral direction . 

Ps no one noticed that i DID give one guess to the challenge (as a footnote to a post)  maybe one of 8 bits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

nup but kinda thinking in the right lateral direction . 

Ps no one noticed that i DID give one guess to the challenge (as a footnote to a post)  maybe one of 8 bits 

Hey,.. just a minute where is our independent card holder?:angry:

jmccr8

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
7 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I give up I just explained that people are able to believe speed reading or   photographic memory However other ideas like gods, angels, projection of consciousness, reading their minds  go to the things which scare them 

Of course i had  neglected to consider that you ALos disbelieve the ordinary/ mundane things in my life.

Never mind at least you are consistent. Maybe the idea of other people being able to speed read/ remember things etc., also scares you  :) .

I hang out to rebut those who want to say such things are not real and possible.

As long as we have deniers we need proclaimers of the truth :) 

No need to prove anything.  It is not about proof, it about what real peole can really experience in their lives 

This makes those truths discoverable by anyone, even you  under the right conditions 

Claims here do not have to be proven. The rules simply allow the claims to be challenged here, and so the y should be, without resorting to personal abuse 

Why would I be scared if you could speed read, or project your consciousness or read 3 letter words. 

Abuse please provide evidence?

I am challenging your claims;  I am asking that you verify the things you claim. 

 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eight bits
30 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

oh dear The sentence doesn't say that.  It says the voice came from  within the light which was seen by others The sentence structure is clear  How could any one think a voice could be seen?  The light was seen The voice came from the light  (if anyone else had been close by, they would also have heard it, as those close by could see the light  ) 

Even as I type this, I know I'm going to regret asking.

So this is the truck headlights thing. And there was a real voice, and there were people who were close by, 'cause they saw the light and asked you about it. So now they would hear the voice, too.

OK, here's where I'm losing you. They ask you about these lights with an audible voice, and you say "truck headlights," and they go -  "Oh, talking truck headlights, that explains it."

Say what?

 

 

Edited by eight bits
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
23 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

The link I sent you to wyze cam is a 20 dollar camera its a good one, why not take a challenge. 

 

It sounds interesting and if nothing  else it would be fun and you could see what  is going on. 

I wouldn’t rule out mice they are clever. 

Mice must be more versatile than I imagined. Process this one....I have a "favourite" coffee mug, don't know why, just an ordinary blue thing.....one day, it went missing, no big deal, but I could not work out what happened to it. Months later, one evening after dinner, I heard a loud, and prolonged rattling frim where the crockery and cups and things are stored. The thing that got me, was it seemed to go on too long, to be something falling over, or settling after being precariously placed. It went to investigate, and nothing seemed out of place. Maybe 15 minutes later, a similar rattling commotion. I was getting a bit annoyed at the disturbance, I go back again to the source of the rattling, and then I see it, the blue mug is back. After being gone for months. it must have gone astral travelling !

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
13 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

nup but kinda thinking in the right lateral direction . 

Ps no one noticed that i DID give one guess to the challenge (as a footnote to a post)  maybe one of 8 bits 

So do the challenge.

Lg can PM me the word. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
3 minutes ago, eight bits said:

Even as I type this, I know I'm going to regret asking.

So this is the truck headlights thing. And there was a real voice, and there were people were close by, 'cause they saw the light and asked you about it.

OK, here's where I'm losing you. They ask you about these lights with an audible voice, and you say "truck headlights," and they go -  "Oh, talking truck headlights, that explains it.

Say what?

 

 

 

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Mice must be more versatile than I imagined. Process this one....I have a "favourite" coffee mug, don't know why, just an ordinary blue thing.....one day, it went missing, no big deal, but I could not work out what happened to it. Months later, one evening after dinner, I heard a loud, and prolonged rattling frim where the crockery and cups and things are stored. The thing that got me, was it seemed to go on too long, to be something falling over, or settling after being precariously placed. It went to investigate, and nothing seemed out of place. Maybe 15 minutes later, a similar rattling commotion. I was getting a bit annoyed at the disturbance, I go back again to the source of the rattling, and then I see it, the blue mug is back. After being gone for months. it must have gone astral travelling !

What is your three letter word for the white board challenge. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
Just now, Sherapy said:

 

What is your three letter word for the white board challenge. 

How would I know ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

How would I know ?

Try and guess, lol 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
1 minute ago, Habitat said:

How would I know ?

Because it's yours

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Mice must be more versatile than I imagined. Process this one....I have a "favourite" coffee mug, don't know why, just an ordinary blue thing.....one day, it went missing, no big deal, but I could not work out what happened to it. Months later, one evening after dinner, I heard a loud, and prolonged rattling frim where the crockery and cups and things are stored. The thing that got me, was it seemed to go on too long, to be something falling over, or settling after being precariously placed. It went to investigate, and nothing seemed out of place. Maybe 15 minutes later, a similar rattling commotion. I was getting a bit annoyed at the disturbance, I go back again to the source of the rattling, and then I see it, the blue mug is back. After being gone for months. it must have gone astral travelling !

Habityville horror:P

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
41 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I think you have sherapys problem You read into my posts things i never wrote nor even considered :)  For over a decade she has consciously or unconsiously totally misrepresented almost every post i have written She deconstructs and then reconstructs wht i write  in her mind and then (if i am charitable)  believes this is actually what i did write and claims that i did.

However when you go back over the original posts you see tha t, at best she misunderstood, a t worst she has deliberately misrepresented me 

see the posts above

Ive explained many times the different ways in which  "god" communicates with me.

(you dont have to believe a word of those claims but you  will find them clearly outlined in my posts Ye t she pretends that now I am only saying god speaks mind to mind.

UNtrue BUT it fits her need to believe that all such conversations must be imaginary  so she grabs hold of thatt one part and forgets all the rest   Its a classic  example of psychological evasion actually. 

 

So what you're trying to lie about here is that you learned photographic memory and now you no longer have photographic memory because your lies about having photographic memory was exposed and now you conveniently is no longer capable of photographic memory because you are unable to provide evidence of ever having photographic memory... 

To simplify that I would just say that you lied and is continuing to lie... 

Try something new, like telling the truth, maybe your photographic memory might miraculously be relearned if not regained... 

~

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
7 minutes ago, eight bits said:

Even as I type this, I know I'm going to regret asking.

So this is the truck headlights thing. And there was a real voice, and there were people who were close by, 'cause they saw the light and asked you about it. So now they would hear the voice, too.

OK, here's where I'm losing you. They ask you about these lights with an audible voice, and you say "truck headlights," and they go -  "Oh, talking truck headlights, that explains it."

Say what?

 

 

NO truck A bright light seen by others (which i explained away as truck headlights to stop them worrying ) And yes a real physical voice to accompany the real physical  light Anyone close by would have heard it coming from  within the light 

again  I appreciate thats others dont believe this, but to be clear, this is what occurred.

A real physical light (verified by others) a real physical voice (only verified by me because i can clearly  tell when a voice is inside my head and when it  is not :) )

Finally a physical cleansing of my body of all nicotine traces,  addiction and withdraw symptoms so that after smoking up to, then  over, a packet a day for over 6 years i never had the need to smoke again. It was  immediately as if i had never smoked  (just as the voice promised me it was doing to my body as we spoke) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.